Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:39:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Has it been like this before?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Has it been like this before?  (Read 5750 times)
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« on: February 21, 2006, 06:46:42 PM »

Hey guys, compared to a lot of you I havn't been a GNR fan that long (became a big fan 04ish). Just a question to those of you who have followed GNR for much longer than me, Has this kind of situation occured before? Speculation and rumour are at fever pitch, festivals are booking GNR, songs are leking, Axls all over the place right now, Slash has recently said CD will be out soon, the DVC rumour...... All the clues point to a (hopefully) imminent release of CD just wondering if you have seen anything like this before in the last 7 years or do you think the wait is finally over? I have heard it was a similar situation in 02 during the tour and we all know how that turned out! Ive read this message board for a couple of years now and I haven't seen it like this, but obviously some of you have been on this board much longer than that so i was just wondering if you have seen this kind of activity and rumour drift away into nothing before or does it seem that this time we will finally get what we have been waiting for?

BTW I'm new to posting on here so hi everyone peace

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 06:50:21 PM »

Hey guys, compared to a lot of you I havn't been a GNR fan that long (became a big fan 04ish). Just a question to those of you who have followed GNR for much longer than me, Has this kind of situation occured before? Speculation and rumour are at fever pitch, festivals are booking GNR, songs are leking, Axls all over the place right now, Slash has recently said CD will be out soon, the DVC rumour...... All the clues point to a (hopefully) imminent release of CD just wondering if you have seen anything like this before in the last 7 years or do you think the wait is finally over? I have heard it was a similar situation in 02 during the tour and we all know how that turned out! Ive read this message board for a couple of years now and I haven't seen it like this, but obviously some of you have been on this board much longer than that so i was just wondering if you have seen this kind of activity and rumour drift away into nothing before or does it seem that this time we will finally get what we have been waiting for?

Not really.  We had rumors galore in 02 that signaled the release of CD, and we see how that went.  Also rumors we're all over the place prior to the release of UYI as well.  Right now it's a great time to be a Guns fan and I think all of the die-hards on the boards deserve it for helping keep the new incarnation of GNR alive during the downtime. ok

darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 06:53:48 PM »

I'd say the boards haven't been this frenzied since the 2K2 tour started.  And, subsequently, when it ended abruptly.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 06:54:21 PM »

It's both crazy and fun at the same time. ?I have been a fan since the AFD days and the last 13 years have been very long. ?People thought I was crazy for still suppoting the band, but it's weeks like this that make it worth it

Wake up. . . .time to die
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 06:57:59 PM »

never in such amount!

back in 2001, the biggest rumors were; buckethead is slash, album release in july, cathcer in the rye to be released in spring.

this is histeria! reminds me of "independence day" the movie. you know, when the aliens attack earth.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 06:59:35 PM »

never in such amount!

back in 2001, the biggest rumors were; buckethead is slash,

Thats my personal favorite. rofl

ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2006, 07:01:20 PM »

never in such amount!

back in 2001, the biggest rumors were; buckethead is slash,

Thats my personal favorite. rofl

rofl

I never heard that one
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2006, 07:09:42 PM »

I suppose on the bright side at least something happened in 02 I know it was in the end a disaster but I'd still say any activity is better than nothing and it now appears something will happen this year. Who knows if it's going to be 02 all over again but compared to the last 3 years of virtually no news at all and the hot topics being Axls eyebrows or people looking for dictionary definitions of 'round 1' all this activity is more than welcome? beer

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Ax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2006, 07:19:27 PM »

I've been on these boards since the days of gnronline back in 1999 and I've never seen them this crazy. The closest periods would have been back in 1999 before/after Oh My God was released and when it seemed like the cd was coming, the period of the first Vegas show/Rio III when it seemed like the cd was coming, before/after the 2002 tour when it seemed like the cd was coming.

During all of those times the boards were really busy, but even though we all thought during those periods that the cd was going to be released "soon," I don't think as many people actually believed the release was imminent as do now.

Btw, it's times like this that make me understand why I have been waiting so long. There were times on these boards when there was no news in relation to gnr and there was not a single topic on the first couple of pages of the boards that related to gnr other than topics arguing about the past. I feel kind of proud that I've stuck it out through the dead periods and made it to this point, and I'm proud of everyone else who did the same.  beer
Hoosier
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2006, 07:45:50 PM »

yes, there was a time...

ever been in an earthquake motherfucker?!?!
Grass
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2006, 09:21:22 PM »

There's certainly a lot more activity lately due to this links, but as far as the rumors go it's been like this before.? Honestly, if you look back in the old threads just about every rumor/theory going on right now has been discussed both back in 2002 when they toured last and when the Greatest hits record came out.? Insiders said expect some announcement in the coming days, weeks, whatever.? Nothing happened.
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2006, 11:42:12 PM »

I've been on these boards since the days of gnronline

*SNIP*

Oh man, the board on the site was one huge clusterfuck. I haven't seen as much bullshit happening on a music board since that closed.

Back on topic tho, there was 'hype' back in 99 with OMG, not like this but a buzz... Then there was the LV new years show, Rio and we all thought we'd get to hear CD before the year was out. The hype now tho is much more positive tho so somethings gonna happen on the official release front, but I doubt anyone who posts regularly on the boards know anything other than the rumours doing the rounds.

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2006, 11:47:18 PM »

i think the closest thing was right after rock in rio... we had five new songs to listen to.... then get a crazy euro tour announced.. then cxl.... i thought that was really going to be it.. then got hope for the 2002 tour... but i was pretty dissapointed with the same set list night after night.. and no new material.. i'd check every day hoping to see a new song on the set list.. but the coolest thing was rhiad in det... i went to the msg show... then after philly its been quiet for thepast three years... this is exciting... but i wouldn't be suprised if the announcement is gh2 and the the tour is cxl... because axl didn't know anything about it..  i really think this is going to be diff... but we've gone through this before and have been dissapointed...
rainX
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2006, 11:53:39 PM »

I'd say the boards haven't been this frenzied since the 2K2 tour started.  And, subsequently, when it ended abruptly.

-darknemus

Way back in like 2000, Kurt Loder did that interview with Axl where he talked about shit and the record, when ever vegas hadn't been announced yet. Kurt even says something like "any chance of bringing the boys out for new years eve" and Axl says "na" That sort of started that frenzy that followed when Rio was announced. Nothing compares to December 2000, nothing. It had been so long......... logging into the Rio webcast.... hearing madagascar for the first time....

The only thing that will eclipse that is the day we all come on here with CD in our CD players. This is all very excited, but in 2001 we had a tour announced and subsequently cancelled. So until they take the stage..........

Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2006, 12:40:52 AM »

2001 and 2002 were crazy too... but the haters in the media and the general public held more sway... for some reason it just feels like most people (even casual rock fans) want to see this thing go down in '06... which makes right now even more exciting than 01-02... the masses want to see this... you should check out some of the "younger band boards" (e.g. Limp Bizkit, Korn, etc.)... even they are stoked about Axl and Chinese Democracy... that wasn't quite the case in 01-02...

Jesus, even all my Metallica fans want to see what Axl has in store... maybe Axl was right... delay until people (even the dissenters) can't take it anymore...

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Ax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2006, 01:59:30 AM »

2001 and 2002 were crazy too... but the haters in the media and the general public held more sway... for some reason it just feels like most people (even casual rock fans) want to see this thing go down in '06... which makes right now even more exciting than 01-02... the masses want to see this... you should check out some of the "younger band boards" (e.g. Limp Bizkit, Korn, etc.)... even they are stoked about Axl and Chinese Democracy... that wasn't quite the case in 01-02...

Jesus, even all my Metallica fans want to see what Axl has in store... maybe Axl was right... delay until people (even the dissenters) can't take it anymore...

I get that feeling too, like in the other go arounds people basically were of the opinion that if Slash was not in the band they had no interest in gnr and hoped that Axl would fail. Now it seems like more of the general public and even the media want Axl to release the cd and be successful. The only reasons I can think of for the change in attitude is that the music scene has kind of shifted towards a desire for more classic rock and Velvet Revolver has come into being, which has caused people to accept the fact that Slash is no longer in gnr. I don't know, it just seems like people are more accepting now of Axl and the new gnr than they were before.

And I have to agree with the other person who posted about the first vegas show and rio being something very special. I remember none of us really even knew what Axl looked like anymore at that point since there had only been like five pictures of him released since 94. Everything seemed fresh back then and we were nowhere near as jaded as we are now since we had not been disappointed time and again like we have been in the past few years.
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2006, 02:00:44 AM »

Welcome to the world of GNR brother! It was like this for the UYI albums and its just been the same deal repeatedly for the CD album. ?See what happens, but at least we have some new material to get us by..

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
Chief
Legend

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2006, 02:48:51 AM »

the HOB show and the time around that was just amazing, one of the best times of my life. the anticipation, the energy, the new band and songs, seeing Axl come back after almost 8 years was simply INSANE. i posted a huge review on my site about that...
it was really indescribable...

but now is also pretty crazy,  i'm really excited the most i've been excited since i got tickets for the LA and San Diego shows in 02.
i've often thought of what it would be like to get the album. i think that time is upon us at last.....

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2006, 02:55:53 AM »

It seems like the Greatest Hits release from 2 years ago really helped rekindle interest in GnR amongst the general public.  A younger generation that probably wasn't very familiar with the band and also wasn't exposed to all the bad press surrounding Axl was introduced to them and the album's still in the top 100, which shows that a lot of these newer fans are still buying it.  I don't listen to the radio very often anymore, but it seems like GnR songs get a lot more play now on the radio than they did in the mid to late 90s. I even remember reading some article a little while back about how Axl was voted coolest old person in some teen magazine  hihi
Ax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2006, 08:17:39 PM »

It seems like the Greatest Hits release from 2 years ago really helped rekindle interest in GnR amongst the general public.? A younger generation that probably wasn't very familiar with the band and also wasn't exposed to all the bad press surrounding Axl was introduced to them and the album's still in the top 100, which shows that a lot of these newer fans are still buying it.? I don't listen to the radio very often anymore, but it seems like GnR songs get a lot more play now on the radio than they did in the mid to late 90s. I even remember reading some article a little while back about how Axl was voted coolest old person in some teen magazine? hihi

It's kind of funny to think about how hard Axl fought to prevent the GH album from being released and now it is turning out to help him a lot. This could be the reason behind the rumors that there will be another GH album released right before Chinese Democracy comes out.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: