Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 09:26:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  axl must be nervous as hell (so much to do n say)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: axl must be nervous as hell (so much to do n say)  (Read 9861 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2006, 07:04:14 AM »

I don't think axl will ever have a problem with nyc, say there is 10 million in the city alone, then every neighboring state jersey conn or even upstate ny or long island will get a few easily so 15-20K tickets is not a big deal

I think you need it for the smaller areas like wisconson or ohio
Yeah but how long can he sustain himself in those large markets with no album? NY and L.A. for awhile, but not many other places. Without an album, he's looking at empty arenas. He should avoid those states you just mentioned(and a few others). When he comes to my area(arco arena in Sacramento closest to me), is that gonna sell out? It only holds like 10,000 people, maybe less.? I just dont want this tour having a nostalgic vibe surrounding it.

I want an album and anything less would suck period end of discussion.. Certain venues just aren't an indication of the newer band's success that's what I am also saying..
badapple81
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2006, 07:54:06 AM »

Yeah I agree with that. Maybe make jokes about starting a riot, other shit like that. Hopefully he's in a mood similar to the one he was in at the HOB show. He seemed happy, and it made it a very good show. His rants cause trouble, puts him in a shitty mood, and increases the chance for a riot.

Come on, maybe just a little rant? Wink? Listen to the crowd cheer at Leeds before November Rain when he goes nuts? hihi

Seriously I hope for a trouble free tour too. I think we'll be hearing from Axl on stage. I think he'll be keen to move on though so he might not address the issues of the 02 tour etc. That might be more for a RS interview or something. I agree with you james and tend to think he'll go on stage to kick ass! The fact that he has chosen Motley Crue to open in Dublin could be to win over the old school R&R crowd again. I'm sure he'll have a little rant about something or a sarcastic joke when he does that funny voice imitating people and quotes? hihi
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 07:55:46 AM by GunnerDownUnder » Logged
dub05
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2006, 08:04:59 AM »

I bet on seeing a new axl ..few rants & no mentions of the past .

A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2006, 09:28:41 AM »

I think Axls mood and rants will depend on how the shows and possibly CD are progressing in terms of sales and positive media. I still think he might mention the recent leaks though but it's hard to know if he'll be annoyed about them or just make a joke.However i generally i think Axls best performances come when he is in a very good mood or pissed off e.g. he seems in a good mood at the ritz 88 and thats a kickass show and yet in Chicago 92 he has a couple of rants to the crowd and his perfomance is still awesome in that show. What would be worst is if he seemed fairly uninterested like tokyo 92.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 09:30:24 AM by A Private Eye » Logged

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2006, 11:04:01 AM »

I think a rant or two is inevitable....Axl just can't help himself.  Has there been a show where he hasn't said anything?  I like when artists talk to the crowd a little bit.  Makes the show more personal and you connect with them better.  Its like going to a ball game and having the players acknowledge or play to the crowd...just makes it more fun.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2006, 11:12:01 AM »

I wonder if conan will speak of the leaks or some newer pics to mess around.. I think he should go on conan obrien and have a laugh.. I'd even like new guns on SNL so axl could do some sketch acting..  Well we'll know the new guns have arrived when they become sketches like axl with matt damon
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2006, 05:14:24 PM »

I assume he'll blame everyone else for his problems & complain about his earpiece. Isn't that what usually occurs?

Wht the fuck are you here?
Oh right you have nothing better to do with your time,so you bash a band you obviously dont like Roll Eyes

I think she was trying to make a joke.   Roll Eyes Obviously she likes the band if she has 1,000 posts on a GUNS N' ROSES
God forbid anyone should say anything about the holy one.

They just thought Id know better. Better.
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2006, 07:18:36 PM »

ARV.... why are you laughing at Cindy Lauper's ex-fans scorning her!? That's not very nice! Poor Cindy! *hugglez Cindy*
And anyway, you're wrong. Axl won't face that. He has too many FAITHFUL fans who will support his decisions.

r ya sayin' that Axl is God who can't come down, ever? c'mon...he's just a human being n' remember he had to cancel the tour around the u.s.a in 2002 cuz eveyone was hearin' eminem n' Shakira over there...so think your lines before postin' them in here da'next time !!!! yes

If you had bothered to pay attention what I had actually posted, instead of twisting my words around in your mind, you wouldn't be sayin' that.
I didn't say that Axl was God.
I said that he won't face most of his fans scorning him, because unlike the ex-fans of Cindy Lauper, we're actually LOYAL, and we're not all cynical pessimists. ok

And "think before posting your lines" Huh This coming from someone who's posts make as much sense as Japanese Pig Latin!! rofl

nervous    hell !!!!, something tells me you've been hearin' Cindy Lauper after all this fucking time..... but someday will ya admit she's not a' amazing idol anymore, won?t ya?  Shocked

?n? please remember that Axl?s also a human being, he?s not livin? into a fancy story cuz this is da?real world  Undecided

Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2006, 07:22:26 PM »

he probably will Do some ranting but im not expecting a lot.

No ranting = Not Axl
Elrothiel
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2006, 07:59:27 AM »

ARV.... why are you laughing at Cindy Lauper's ex-fans scorning her!? That's not very nice! Poor Cindy! *hugglez Cindy*
And anyway, you're wrong. Axl won't face that. He has too many FAITHFUL fans who will support his decisions.

r ya sayin' that Axl is God who can't come down, ever? c'mon...he's just a human being n' remember he had to cancel the tour around the u.s.a in 2002 cuz eveyone was hearin' eminem n' Shakira over there...so think your lines before postin' them in here da'next time !!!! yes

If you had bothered to pay attention what I had actually posted, instead of twisting my words around in your mind, you wouldn't be sayin' that.
I said that he won't face most of his fans scorning him, because unlike the ex-fans of Cindy Lauper, we're actually LOYAL, and we're not all cynical pessimists. ok

And "think before posting your lines" Huh This coming from someone who's posts make as much sense as Japanese Pig Latin!! rofl

nervous hell !!!!, something tells me you've been hearin' Cindy Lauper after all this fucking time..... but someday will ya admit she's not a' amazing idol anymore, won?t ya? Shocked

?n? please remember that Axl?s also a human being, he?s not livin? into a fancy story cuz this is da?real world Undecided

Dude, I didn't say that Axl's not a human being incapable of mistakes!! I KNOW this is the real world. Roll Eyes
And no I haven't been hearing any new Cindy Lauper stuff. Roll Eyes

Oh, and you still make as much sense as a rabbit speakin' in Japanese Pig Latin. hihi
Elrothiel
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2006, 08:04:36 AM »

he probably will Do some ranting but im not expecting a lot.

No ranting = Not Axl

Eeeexactly!!
Besides, I like the rants! It shows personality!
I hate frontmen who don't DO anything onstage!! Every time I catch myself watching a non-Gn'R live show on TV, and the frontman ain't doin' nothin... its like "DUDE!! DO SOMETHING!!! SAY SOMETHING!!! ANYTHING!!!" But no. The guy just stands there like a wet cat, spewing out what seems to be the same song over and over again!! RAAH! Makes me wanna get up there onstage, get ahold of whoever's it is's neck, shake him around a bit, while yellin' "DO SOMETHING!!! FOR FUCKS SAKE!! DON'T JUST STAND THERE!! ENTERTAIN THE CROWD!! YOU SELFISH PIECE OF SHIT!!!" hihi
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2006, 02:05:19 PM »

nervous hell !!!!, something tells me you've been hearin' Cindy Lauper after all this fucking time..... but someday will ya admit she's not a' amazing idol anymore, won?t ya? Shocked

?n? please remember that Axl?s also a human being, he?s not livin? into a fancy story cuz this is da?real world Undecided

Dude, I didn't say that Axl's not a human being incapable of mistakes!! I KNOW this is the real world. Roll Eyes
And no I haven't been hearing any new Cindy Lauper stuff. Roll Eyes

Oh, and you still make as much sense as a rabbit speakin' in Japanese Pig Latin. hihi

honey, everyone is noticin' that you can't stop carin' 'bout Cindy Lauper n' her ridiculous career so don't add your naive opinion 'bout my english n' the hispanic culture this time cuz something tells me that your dad is Cuban but what did he do to make you cry n' hate da'hispanic world? ...c'mon, let's admit that Shakira n' ricky Martin r rulin' ur mind while you adore'em deep own inside !!!!  Grin
Elrothiel
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2006, 05:43:43 PM »

What the hell are you on about!? I couldn't care less about Cindy Lauper, Shakira, nor Ricky Martin. That last one making me feel sick to my stomach...

I don't hate the Hispanic world. I don't hate anyone!! What reason do I have to hate anyone!? My dad is NOT Cuban, and he didn't do ANYTHING to make me cry OR hate the Hispanic culture! Yes, my dad's a bit of a cunt from time to time, but hey, I just ignore it.

I only said that about your posts because a lot of the time I can't actually understand what you've written! No offense meant at all... but I was slightly annoyed at the time because you were basically sayin' that I'm an immature little girl who believes that Axl is the all-seeing, all-hearing, all-knowing, omnipotent, immortal God, when I never even said anything like that in the first place!

And don't call me "honey".
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2006, 09:08:21 PM »

I'm sure he'll have a little rant about something or a sarcastic joke when he does that funny voice imitating people and quotes? hihi

I'm gonna love that!  My wife can't stand that voice.  I think it's funny as shit.  hihi

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2006, 09:14:59 PM »

Nervous as hell?  I think not.  Nerves only come into play when you are unsure of yourself.  It's all about preparation.  Something tells me with all this time to plan his next move, the plan is in place and we'll be seeing more news shortly.   ok

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
disease51883
Rocker

Hey, you caught me in a Coma...

« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2006, 10:57:11 PM »

If Axl's a bit nervous at first, I wouldn't be surprised. I expect everything to go well though, and I expect him to be in good spirits by the end of the show. I really look forward to hearing a set mainly consisting of new music. I wouldn't even mind hearing a new rant or two. I'm sure that they're therapeutic. Heh.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2006, 11:13:47 PM »

Why would he be nervous when there is a good chance he has some hand in the leaks? As I stated before, the leaks have occurred when he reappeared from obscurity. One deduces that Axl's participation at some level is behind the leaks.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2006, 07:30:06 AM »

ANother reason to be nervous is the guy is somewhat reclusive or private, now he has to do major tours and promote his new album.. The guy has been missing for years now all of a sudden he is going to jump right back in like he didn't miss a beat and tour for years,,,, He's getting older which will make it harder to keep up the old pace like during the illusions, having to make sure he doesn't miss any shows without good reason, having a promoter in the states after the cc inncident,,... I feel for axl , he has a lot ahead of him knowing his past record with tours.
AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2006, 11:15:18 AM »

What the hell are you on about!? I couldn't care less about Cindy Lauper, Shakira, nor Ricky Martin. That last one making me feel sick to my stomach...

I don't hate the Hispanic world. I don't hate anyone!! What reason do I have to hate anyone!? My dad is NOT Cuban, and he didn't do ANYTHING to make me cry OR hate the Hispanic culture! Yes, my dad's a bit of a cunt from time to time, but hey, I just ignore it.

I only said that about your posts because a lot of the time I can't actually understand what you've written! No offense meant at all... but I was slightly annoyed at the time because you were basically sayin' that I'm an immature little girl who believes that Axl is the all-seeing, all-hearing, all-knowing, omnipotent, immortal God, when I never even said anything like that in the first place!

And don't call me "honey".

oh that's ok, i won't call ya "Honey" anymore but all cuz of ya this thread shouldn't be called axl must be nervous, it must be called : SkynyrdGirl? must be nervous as hell (so much to do n' say) cuz ya seem lose control when you know i'm right? ?confused !,so please chill out, i told ya not to be nervous from now on!...by the way there's something wrong cuz ya should be a Ricky Martin fan...does your mother know 'bout it really?, does she know you have a rare reason to hate Ricky?? i guess ya both must talk 'bout, you SkynyrdGirl !? Undecided

...Axl will have to face the creepy Press in Europe soon....hell, da'guy has many reasons to be nervous n' lose control over there !!!? ?Shocked?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 11:17:15 AM by AxlRoseVen » Logged
Elrothiel
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2006, 10:00:26 PM »

Dude... I'm only losing control because you're spouting COMPLETE and UTTER bullshit about me!! Its none of your business if I like or despise Ricky Martin. Its none of your business whether or not I'm nervous, and its NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS what my mom knows about me!! You don't know me at all! Which is why I'm now going to completely ignore you. Please change your username to "Mr Nonsense". It fits.

Back on topic... Axl shouldn't be too nervous, but then again... there are complete assholes in the press who will do a complete hatchet job on him just because of their personal opinions. Especially in England, so I think the UK's paparazzi better prepare themselves for some nut-kickings.... hihi After all... if Axl doesn't kick their nuts, I sure will!! Grin
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: