Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 02:30:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Metallica & GNR Does this excite anyone else??
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica & GNR Does this excite anyone else??  (Read 9049 times)
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2006, 04:57:06 AM »

The fact that it has been 13 years and the album years in making only increases the hype. I like Metallica, they have a good catalogue of songs for a fucking good setlist and would love to see it, but I'd prefer GN'R not to tour with them.

Im with ya bro, i even had a thought of Gn'R playin' with the new Skid Row like the  93' tour!!

just dreamin', but i know what your on about!! ok

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2006, 05:14:50 AM »

Puke on Metallica and thier gay asses!

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
Megaguns
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2006, 07:19:02 AM »

Im excited.  yes
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2006, 07:28:07 AM »

I love Metallica and GN'R, they're my two fav bands. This can only be a good thing beer

I don't think they're touring together anyway, they just happen to be playing at the same festival.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
makane
Legend

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2006, 07:31:31 AM »

No. Metallica ain't shit compared to Guns N' Roses, actually, they have nothing incommon, which is a good thing. for one part im happy that Axl has been quiet all these years, better than releaasing CD's like "St Anger".

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2006, 07:39:57 AM »

No. Metallica ain't shit compared to Guns N' Roses, actually, they have nothing incommon, which is a good thing. for one part im happy that Axl has been quiet all these years, better than releaasing CD's like "St Anger".

Thankyou for your intelligent observation Roll Eyes

Why is this all of a sudden Metallica vs GN'R anyway?
I think it's great that two great rock bands are headlining like it was 1992 all over again! ok
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 07:41:39 AM by metallex78 » Logged

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
conny
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2006, 07:45:41 AM »

Metallica is a good supporting act for Guns N' Roses.  ok
Evolution
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2006, 07:47:21 AM »

I hope GNR confirmed playing Download. GNR/Metallica is one of the biggest tickets you will get in the UK for years.
shaun
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2006, 08:11:11 AM »

I've always wanted to see Metallica live, although never bothered to obtain a ticket. I'm not a real fan of them, Justice for All being the only album i like along with a few tracks from the Black album. Still, if they show up on a festival along with GnR then here's hoping  ok
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2006, 11:13:17 AM »

It's a killer bill, no doubt-you european folks are lucky you still get to have major festivals ever year. drool

But I wouldnt group them as playing together or try to construe this as some sort of 'joint-tour' ala the early 90s. it's two bands headlining festivals on different nights in order to promote upcoming new material.

that said, im jealous as hell crying

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
god of thunder
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2006, 12:07:49 PM »

Metallica is headlining the Rock am Ring / Rock im Park Festival, Germany for which Guns are also rumoured to appear. That would be an ultimate Lineup...
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2006, 01:34:27 PM »

No. I've Never liked Metallica. They're a heavy metal band and I've never considered GN'R as a heavy metal band, but that's just me.

I'd Love to see Billy Talent open for GN'R! Billy Talent's self titled debut album reminds me a lot of Appetite For Destruction. It's not quite as good as Appetite but it has that raw energy.

"This Melody Inside Of Me Still Searches For Solution"
SOLGER
Rocker

LIVE N? LET DIE

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2006, 01:37:28 PM »

I think after that show Metallica will just retire.... beer

Live N' Let Die
totoro
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2006, 03:17:45 PM »

I saw Metallica and Guns and Roses play live at the Oakland Coliseum in 1992.  It was not a good time for Guns and Roses and Metallica more or less kicked their asses completely.  Metallica is an incredibly tight live act and it is extremely hard to follow them at a concert. 

At the time, Guns and Roses was a terrible mess of a band.  Axl spend about half the concert backstage changing costumes, while the rest of the band would just solo or something to pass the time.  Anyways, I saw it with a group of Guns and Roses fans, but we all left feeling that Metallica was actually a much better band and that something must be seriously messed up with Guns and Roses.

Saul Isobel
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2006, 03:35:35 PM »

Why is this all of a sudden Metallica vs GN'R anyway? I think it's great that two great rock bands are headlining like it was 1992 all over again! ok

Dude i take your point but IS it a good thing? Where the fuck IS the next G'n'R, Metallica, Nirvana etc... it disturbs me that it's been so long since a bamd came outta nowhere and blew everyone away.

I saw Metallica and Guns and Roses play live at the Oakland Coliseum in 1992. It was not a good time for Guns and Roses and Metallica more or less kicked their asses completely. Metallica is an incredibly tight live act and it is extremely hard to follow them at a concert.

At the time, Guns and Roses was a terrible mess of a band. Axl spend about half the concert backstage changing costumes, while the rest of the band would just solo or something to pass the time. Anyways, I saw it with a group of Guns and Roses fans, but we all left feeling that Metallica was actually a much better band and that something must be seriously messed up with Guns and Roses.

Yeah i caught that tour in the US back in the day and Metallica fucking blew Guns away as much as i hate to admit it. P
Nu-G'n'R aren't proven enough yet to headline over Metallica on a joint tour though. Plus i heard Lars n James think it's become a joke now like most big bands that remember Guns 'n' Roses in their heyday, so it'll never happen. 
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2006, 03:39:22 PM »

well iv seen metallica twice, and they were awesome, im gonna get the chance to see axl now too, but the best part is that the two gigs are within 3 dyas of each other
TrueRock&Roll
VIP

Guns N Roses = Best band of all time

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2006, 03:54:41 PM »

I think Gn'R will show up Metallica this time.  The band is so incredible now, especially after recruiting the one and only bumblefoot.  Either way though, it'll be a great experience for the people who get to see this show. 
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2006, 04:04:17 PM »

Two bands that used to be awesome but now suck.. No thanks...

dman1991
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2006, 04:04:26 PM »

cmon, how could you not wanna see gnr and metallica on the same night, i think it would be incrediblie, the things people find problems with continue to amaze me.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2006, 04:12:19 PM »

cmon, how could you not wanna see gnr and metallica on the same night, i think it would be incrediblie, the things people find problems with continue to amaze me.

I saw them the same night when both bands were at the top of their game..... Before they both blew... now that was a show... Atleast this time there would be plenty of songs to leave and go get a beer or take a piss....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: