Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 02:33:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Metallica & GNR Does this excite anyone else??
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica & GNR Does this excite anyone else??  (Read 9065 times)
sandman
Legend

« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2006, 12:07:02 AM »

the difference between these two bands are that metallica plays in front of 20,000+ fans every night, every city they play in. even with all those "shitty" albums they've released in the last 15 years.  Roll Eyes

what did gnr average on the last tour....10K? maybe less??

metallica is one of the biggest bands in the world. the exposure for the new lineup would be incredible. but there are more effective (and less risky) methods of getting exposure.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2006, 12:16:14 AM »

I would love to see it.? I doubt it would happen though.? I do believe GN'R would have to play first if they were going to tour together.? Metallica? got way too big, after GN'R left, for the new GN'R to play after them.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 12:32:04 AM by JDA » Logged
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2006, 12:19:50 AM »

This is turning into a Metallica vs. GN'R thing.  Everyone knows what everyone has done in the last 10 years.... And no one is knocking Metallica.  Especially me!  Notice the snake and the titles above and below it? 'Nuff said.
Mr.Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2006, 07:51:30 AM »

It was actually at either the 14th or 15th show at hammerstein. And before Madagascar that Axl said "So i was hanging out with Lars the other day......" and then they start the song. I believe Lars liked Madagascar and that was the reason for the comment. But it proves they are talking again. Dunno bout Hetfield though, anyone remember the video of Hetfield readnig out a list of Axl's requests for stuff backstage back in 92 and then laughing about it with the Metallica ontourage. This lead to a few rants in 93 like "Metallica are jerks...bla bla bla"
justincrowe
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2006, 07:57:14 AM »

Guns N' Roses / Metallica / Alice In Chains.

now there's a line-up i'd pay to see.

08.14.91 - Icehall, Helsinki, Finland
07.06.06 - Hartwall Arena, Helsinki, Finland
Johnnyblood
VIP

Nothing.

« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2006, 08:04:49 AM »

I've tried to get into Metallica over the past 20 years and I just can't. Their music is too robotic and too emotionally simple (pretty much just different shades of anger). I like Kill 'Em All and a handful of pre-Black Album songs, but it's just not enough to interest me overall. I did see them when they toured with Guns in 1993. Honestly, the Metallica set was better than the Guns set, mainly because they worked the crowd better. But I would not want to see Axl tour with them. It would make no sense at all. I don't think he should do any co-headlining at all. There's not a single band where that would make any sense. Just keep lining up the throwaway openers and leave it alone.

I've seen enough.
Bostonrose
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2006, 08:08:30 AM »

cmon, how could you not wanna see gnr and metallica on the same night, i think it would be incrediblie, the things people find problems with continue to amaze me.

They are legitimate..  Metallic would wipe the stage with Axl if they went out now,  they did it back in the 90s...plus they don't like Axl anyway...

Could you image what Metallica fnas would do to Axl live?  it would be bloody...

James Hetfield:
  "We learned alot when we went on tour with Guns N' Roses,  we learned what to do as a rock band on the road, and what NOT to do as a rock band on the road."

"I never wanted you to be so full of anger, I never wanted you to be somebody else"
Bostonrose
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2006, 08:10:59 AM »

after i saw that movie metallica came out with, and st anger, i pretty much lost all respect for them, hetfield is 1000 times the bitch that people accuse axl of bein.

HAHAH

Everything James and Lars did in that movie, they had to stop and talk to a therapist and discuss how it made them feel..

didn't they make fun of Axl for doing the same thing?  I think they did..

bunch of overpaid pussies

"I never wanted you to be so full of anger, I never wanted you to be somebody else"
Saul Isobel
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2006, 08:14:17 AM »

13 years ago this woulda been unbeatable. Having seen all three at their peak i promise you the current incarnations of all of them pale in comparison. AIC without Layne is even sadder than Guns without Slash!  yes
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2006, 08:50:04 AM »

GNR and Metallica just wouldn't work.......  no as much as i like them both, it will never happen.... ever. And Download doesn't count by the way!!!!!! there on two separate days  ok
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2006, 08:50:26 AM »

Metallica's last album was ordinary and I don't want GN'R associated with aging rock mediocracy.

Metallica's last album was shit. ?Hardly even good enough to be considered ordinary.

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2006, 08:52:11 AM »

Exactly. I'd rather have no albums for a couple years like GNR than putting out garbage like Metalligay. I feel sorry for their fans.

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
VRslash
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2006, 08:58:47 AM »

i would love to see a GNR and TallicA tour that actualy works this time. i dont see it happening tho. it for one was one of the riots ever. the people destroyed the stadium. i dont think alot of citys to know that not only metallica is in town but Guns rate next to them. lol besides metallica is the biggest metal band in the world. Guns is the biggest rock n roll band in the world. you can not chose a head liner. neither band is a opener, there head liners. so i dont see a tour happening. isnt metallica head lining one night coming up then the next its GnR.? 

justincrowe
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2006, 09:01:01 AM »

13 years ago this woulda been unbeatable. Having seen all three at their peak i promise you the current incarnations of all of them pale in comparison. AIC without Layne is even sadder than Guns without Slash!  yes

you know, i never got to see AIC so i'll take what i can... Layne was/is one of my favourite singers but he's dead now and i hear this William DuVall guy isn't completely useless... so...

as far as Metallica, i haven't really liked any of their albums since 1988 but they've always been good live when i've seen them.

and Guns... i loved the old band, but as long as Axl is there it's good enough for me... he was always my favourite member anyway.

so yeah, i'd go see a GNR / Metallica / AIC tour... even in 2006.

08.14.91 - Icehall, Helsinki, Finland
07.06.06 - Hartwall Arena, Helsinki, Finland
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: May 30, 2006, 11:06:15 AM »

At this point and time it would not work.
It would be a bad move on both parts.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #75 on: May 30, 2006, 11:27:12 AM »

I was devastated i was too young and on totally the wrong side of the atlantic to go to the Guns n' metallica tour in 1992 - that would have been my dream concert and amazing.  To have them both in one weekend at Download is like the god of rock has smiled down on me!  i cannot fcn wait!!!!!
Bostonrose
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: May 30, 2006, 07:14:40 PM »

I was devastated i was too young and on totally the wrong side of the atlantic to go to the Guns n' metallica tour in 1992 - that would have been my dream concert and amazing.? To have them both in one weekend at Download is like the god of rock has smiled down on me!? i cannot fcn wait!!!!!

I saw it a Foxboro Stadium, I think I was 12, my mom took me.....great show...it wouldn't work now

you'd have a better chance of seeing VR and GNR

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #77 on: May 30, 2006, 08:54:04 PM »

13 years ago this woulda been unbeatable. Having seen all three at their peak i promise you the current incarnations of all of them pale in comparison. AIC without Layne is even sadder than Guns without Slash!? yes

you know, i never got to see AIC so i'll take what i can... Layne was/is one of my favourite singers but he's dead now and i hear this William DuVall guy isn't completely useless... so...

as far as Metallica, i haven't really liked any of their albums since 1988 but they've always been good live when i've seen them.

and Guns... i loved the old band, but as long as Axl is there it's good enough for me... he was always my favourite member anyway.

so yeah, i'd go see a GNR / Metallica / AIC tour... even in 2006.

Hell yeah, my 3 favourite bands. ok

Who'd have thought back in 1992 that they'd all still be around (in some form or another) in 2006?

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #78 on: May 30, 2006, 11:59:02 PM »

Hetfield sounds like a girl on tour these days!  I'm not knocking him, I totally love James Hetfield and Metallica!  They are my favorite at the moment, behind GN'R!  But anything past the Black Album sucks (except Fuel and And The Memory Remains)<(song about Axl)  He's a pretty good frontman, but the fact that he plays a guitar slashes his mobility greatly.  And now that he doesn't drink and has no hair, he's not the same!

A Metallica/Guns N' Roses co-headlining tour would do no good to neither band, nor their fans Wink
For the record : The Memory Remains is NOT about Axl!!! The song is about some fallin' movie star.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: