Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 12:37:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  bucketheads tour dates stopped
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: bucketheads tour dates stopped  (Read 13082 times)
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2006, 02:09:18 AM »

Buckethead can do things with a guitar that most musicians can't even conceive... He's a piece of talent that would compliment the line-up quite well.. Just listen to some of his work, particularly the end of November Rain in the most recent tour.. He can mimic Slash's work and add a twist that hasn't been experienced before by Guns fans.. he is exactly what Axl needed to complete the new sound and we'd be at a loss if he didn't come around again.

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
badapple81
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2006, 02:10:45 AM »

Before these tracks I must admit I didn't know much about Bucket aside from the work he did on the live 01 and 02 shows.

The leaked songs have given me a lot of respect for his ability and talent and I'm keen to hear more.

I doubt it but I would be happy to have him back. I just have this feeling at the back of my head that he could come back. Only thing there is Axl's comments after he left.. guess he would have had to explain those to BH!
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2006, 02:10:49 AM »

"Nightrain" essentially became Bucketheads song on that last tour.. his solo is absolutely amazing. drool
badapple81
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2006, 02:12:10 AM »

"Nightrain" essentially became Bucketheads song on that last tour.. his solo is absolutely amazing. drool

Agreed!! It was awesome!
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2006, 02:12:48 AM »

Nightrain used to be Slash's favorite also, if I recall.. funny how Bucket enjoyed taking it to a new level.. He made it personal, if you ask me. ?I'm not trying to start a big debate and this probably isn't the right thread for that, but I just found it to be an interesting tidbit.

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
steviebucket
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2006, 02:12:58 AM »

To, MR.
Well, truth be told, I was never really into the old band. I just happened to be a fan of Finck and Buckethead, n Brain all throuout the 90's ... when i found out they were all the same band (at one point atleast) i was like shit, who's the singer, and then it was obviously Axl, and so i said this will be interesting and from what I've heard and saw in Rio from 01 and the MSG show in 2002 i wasn't disapoointed, looking foward to CD as we all are. And here to hoping BH comes back. ?beer

Alot of BH fans are too closed minded too though concerning Axl.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 02:15:06 AM by steviebucket » Logged
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2006, 02:13:14 AM »

His "Nightrain" solo literally put me in my own world where all I could see/hear was that solo... I was mesmorized by it.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2006, 02:49:31 AM »

I would without hesitation take Buckethead over everyone else in the band...'cept for Axl of course.

His guitar abilities have to be respected. And when you are humbled by the abilities of a guitarist such as this that commands it (whether you dig his look or not), you have to respect the abilities of the band he is in. Slash gave that to the old GNR. Miraculously Axl found another in Buckethead.

You know the chances of that? The shit that they have done together is masterful work. You can't easily capture magic in a bottle twice. And you sure as shit can't have some 2nd rate asshole redo a masters work. Its insulting.

These demos with Bucket's work might just be better then the retail if Bucket's parts are replaced. I don't want Chinese D to be compromised like that. If it truly is about the music...then Buckets work must stay. Give him the fucking credit he deserves.

He was such a great argument against the stupid fuck downers too who could never see passed Slash's absence. You can't debate talent like this. Buckethead was the fucking answer Axl desperately needed in this GNR revolution. He did it. Axl better not trip and do something crazy and lose Bucketheads work. The guitar in the demos better not surpass the retail version.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 02:51:33 AM by Buddha_Master » Logged

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2006, 02:54:59 AM »

i don't think axl is going to replace buckethead's work on CD. that would be a huge mistake. he is a great guitar player and he shoul get the credits he deserves.
i wasn't too happy whan i saw who replaced slash in gnr but then i looked at some footage of him in rio and listened to some of his work before he was in gnr and i started liking the guy.
so let's hope he stays on CD!

RichardNixon
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2006, 03:12:10 AM »

Has Merck/Mysteron said anything about a possible BH return?
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

...i fell in love and baby...

« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2006, 04:37:43 AM »

You have to admit, as bizarre as he is, Bucket was definitely one of the big draw cards to the nuGN'R line-up along with Axl. There's no doubt that guy sure can shred.

And speaking as a guitar player, I know I wanna hear some really great guitar stuff in nuGN'R, not just Axl.
stop saying "nugnr" for fuck's sake, it hurts my eyes rant

i see the light at the end, but everytime i take a step, it gets dim... tell me is this hell we're living in? if so, heaven's gotta be better, but if we're hellbound, whatever, it's going down.
elevendayempire
Rocker

...Now I know you better...

« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2006, 05:09:30 AM »

You have to admit, as bizarre as he is, Bucket was definitely one of the big draw cards to the nuGN'R line-up along with Axl. There's no doubt that guy sure can shred.

And speaking as a guitar player, I know I wanna hear some really great guitar stuff in nuGN'R, not just Axl.
stop saying "nugnr" for fuck's sake, it hurts my eyes rant
It's pronounced "nougat".  Grin

SG
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2006, 07:01:26 AM »

People stay on topic please.

This is not about whether you like Buckethead or not. That's been discussed a million times already.
shaun
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2006, 07:59:30 AM »

On the Bucketboard over at bucketheadland.com they refuse to post anything related to GnR. That could be seen as a positive thing or a negative thing. I see it as i negative thing on the grounds that he left GnR only once Axl had helped him secure a record deal. That's a shit tihng to do.
conny
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2006, 08:08:30 AM »

well all you gnr fans take care.and dont worry mr buckethead came to his senses.

I hope you are right!  ok

Buckethead rules!  yes
conny
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2006, 08:11:54 AM »

On the Bucketboard over at bucketheadland.com they refuse to post anything related to GnR.

It's been like that for a while, don't know why.
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2006, 08:31:29 AM »

I wonder.....

Buckethead is a private guy obviously.  He is a strange man and from all accounts a loner.  I wonder if he just didn't want to be asked GNR related questions at each gig.  I wonder if he worked out an arrangement with Axl where they make it look like he leaves the band so he can release his own music and tour on that music without the GNR related questions following him around.  In this scenario, he really never leaves the band and has full intentions of touring behind CD, but just doesn't have to relive the GNR questions at each gig.  He may have requested this type of thing because no one could tell himwhen CD was actually gonna be released.

Just seems plausible is all.

CC
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2006, 09:51:11 AM »

I don't know if I see the connection between BH's tour dates and GNR---by the time June rolls around the dude will have played over 30 gigs...with a slight break in April...March is really jumpin for him...
2 cents:
personally I don't want him back in GNR (but that's just me) I like him solo and\or with current line up much better than playing second fiddle to an erratic frontman (no offense to Axl lovers but it is what it is) who may or may not show up for gigs...If he (Buckethead) does show it'll probably be due to legal BS with contracts and what not...some obligatory clause...how is he suppose to learn\rehearse this GNR material if he's on the road...Mr. Stinson is the "general" when it comes to that stuff and I would imagine he would like to have the band's chops "cut" for the Rio gig, yes? no? who knows? Time will tell
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2006, 09:55:13 AM »

That's just buckethead dude... you don't have to like him though.. you are entitled to your opinion. But, without Mr.Buckehead Axl might have called cd off a long time ago... I am guessing he helped put in a lot of guitar work on there. He also helped generate a lot of new fans/ excitement regarding the new material.

I have respect for BH, and his fans, but please don't tell me that you think GnR would be "dead" or "lost" without him and his loyal fan base that supports his music. You're telling me that a talented, but non-mainstream guitarist who tours and plays clubs is the reason that a legendary band like GnR will or would have survived?
Please. With all due respect, I think you're giving your buckethead a little too much credit.
leo5150
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2006, 09:57:54 AM »

charity case youre very close to buckethead situation.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: