Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 03:03:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  A Theory
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Theory  (Read 7440 times)
conny
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2006, 08:00:26 PM »

Not to get into a big debate about new v. old gnr, but no one can deny the fact that if Slash came out on stage as the replacement for Buckethead, the crowd would go absolutely insane. That would be the biggest thing to happen in music in a long time.

The biggest thing would be Slash to Axl's left and Buckethead to his right side.  Grin

Elrothiel
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2006, 08:15:25 PM »

No one would boo them off the stage. I would get so damn pissed off if you did you stupid fuckhead!

If the original members walked onstage and someone booed, I would kick that person square in the nuts!!! Because, the original members walkin' onstage together would be the most amazing thing to happen in all of musical history!!!! Smiley

Needless to say, if the new members walked onsteage and someone booed, I would kick that person square in the nuts JUST as hard, because the new band are just as amazing as the old band. ok Smiley

Not that I think they'll get booed because they SO won't! But its an excuse to dig out my DMs and shine em up real good! Grin
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 08:17:17 PM by SkynyrdGirl » Logged
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2006, 10:12:42 PM »

Theoretically, Slash could be filling in Buckethead's parts as we speak...

Theoretically.

that would be a near perfect scenario but highly unlikely

it would validate it as Guns to a lot of people and be taken a whole lot more seriously

Impossible, surely

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2006, 10:16:44 PM »

yeah that logo is strange... wonder if slash will just come out one stage at rir, totally unannounced!...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2006, 10:22:46 PM »

note though that metallicas logo is made up from new and old parts of various logo's
Good observation, Saul. Now maybe it will end this speculation that AFD GNR is doing that festival.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2006, 10:36:38 PM »

Both logos were likely used because the new logo would confuse people. Until Cd comes out with the new logo, it will continue to confuse people. That old GNR logo is recognized in all parts of the world.

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2006, 10:37:13 PM »

but i wonder where they got the new GNR logo on there from.. The managment? ?Undecided
Anyway! Like the stoneletters Cheesy

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Midnight Gunner
Banned
Rocker

Ain't it fun?

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2006, 11:47:03 PM »

I just had a theory though I doubt it means anything but hey, hear me out:

axl mends his relationships with the old Gunners...the old Gunners except it and they all start talking again. (And no, I do not include Psycho Steven in this group)?

Anyway, Axl decides he wants to reunite the old band and scraps his solo visions.? The companies get pissed about this and decide to leak the the new material on the net.

I say this cause if Ross said a few weeks or months back that the original GNR would play festivals this year, but his posts quickily vanishes off his site, and now rumors are/and confirmations are that GNR ARE INDEED playing these festivals that Ross and others said previously.....I dunno, to me, it's just a bullshit theory and I truly hope it is what I just said cause after hearing these new leaks, I couldn't care less about Axl reuniting with the old Guns anytime soon.

*(And no, I do not include Psycho Steven in this group)*

I found that comment way out of order.

I'm sorry if I hurt you're waste of life, never ending addict's feelings. lol
Midnight Gunner
Banned
Rocker

Ain't it fun?

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2006, 11:49:20 PM »

If I was there and saw the old members, I'd probably be a little disappointed.

I haven't waited thirteen years or so just to see the old Gunners reunite.

I say let Axl do his thing with his new Guns and let the rest of the old Guns continue to make shitty music that Nu-Metallica type fans like. lol
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2006, 11:50:16 PM »

i dont buy it Shocked

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
awhellzno05
Headliner

Oh no! Oh no! "Oh Yeah!" - Kool Aid Man

« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2006, 12:32:37 AM »

I would be disappointed to see the original band to be honest, I know that sounds crazy but I want to see Tommy instead of Duff, Brain instead of Sorum, etc.  Altough the new band + Slash or Izzy would be amazing!

The Devil hates a loser
jbenzz
Rocker

I'm a dolphin

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2006, 12:37:35 AM »

I would be disappointed to see the original band to be honest, I know that sounds crazy but I want to see Tommy instead of Duff, Brain instead of Sorum, etc.? Altough the new band + Slash or Izzy would be amazing!

I kinda agree with this.  I'd love to see guns, but I've been waiting 10 years to hear the new songs and I don't see any of the old band playing them.  I would love to see Izzy or Slash playing with the new band though...

I tell my friends, they never believe me
They think that I've finally lost it completly
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2006, 12:40:27 AM »

I would be disappointed to see the original band to be honest, I know that sounds crazy but I want to see Tommy instead of Duff, Brain instead of Sorum, etc.  Altough the new band + Slash or Izzy would be amazing!

Wow, I'm surprised to hear people say this.  Not criticizing your opinion, but I wonder if your age plays a part into why you think that.  I believe you are 18 right?  So that would make you a baby when AFD came out (man I am old haha).  Again, no offense to your opinion, but I think if you were around for the magic that was the original line up you MIGHT be singing a different tune.  No band since GNR has ever been that huge and created music that STILL gets a reaction out of people.  I think given the history of the AFD Guns, people would just love to see them put all the crap behind them and reclaim their rightful place in rock history.

That being said, its never going to happen.  IF IF IF it did...I'd like to see the old guys come on at the end of a show, I have enough vids of the old band, I WANT TO HEAR CHINESE DEMOCRACY!!

Seriously, I hope you don't think I'm slamming you - not my intent at all.  And I don't think the fact you're younger makes you "less of a fan".  Rock on dude.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2006, 12:46:07 AM »

kinda like when I saw GNR at pacific amhitheather, in 87 with Aerosmith, Axl and Slash joined Aerosmith on a few tunes at the end, train kept a rollin............. Wink

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
jbenzz
Rocker

I'm a dolphin

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2006, 01:20:44 AM »

I would be disappointed to see the original band to be honest, I know that sounds crazy but I want to see Tommy instead of Duff, Brain instead of Sorum, etc.? Altough the new band + Slash or Izzy would be amazing!

Wow, I'm surprised to hear people say this.? Not criticizing your opinion, but I wonder if your age plays a part into why you think that.? I believe you are 18 right?? So that would make you a baby when AFD came out (man I am old haha).? Again, no offense to your opinion, but I think if you were around for the magic that was the original line up you MIGHT be singing a different tune.? No band since GNR has ever been that huge and created music that STILL gets a reaction out of people.? I think given the history of the AFD Guns, people would just love to see them put all the crap behind them and reclaim their rightful place in rock history.

That being said, its never going to happen.? IF IF IF it did...I'd like to see the old guys come on at the end of a show, I have enough vids of the old band, I WANT TO HEAR CHINESE DEMOCRACY!!

Seriously, I hope you don't think I'm slamming you - not my intent at all.? And I don't think the fact you're younger makes you "less of a fan".? Rock on dude.

Maybe you're right... I'm only 20 so I never got to see the old Guns N' Roses.  But do you really think that they'd go back to being the same band after all these years.  IF you could go back and have the exact band that was playing back then with Axl in his Kilt and all the rest, then yeah I'd go for it in a second.  But just as much, I want to see the new Guns' songs being played.

Seeing the old guns reform would be historic, but I'm not sure it would be as good a show as everyone remembers.  I'm just being realistic.

I tell my friends, they never believe me
They think that I've finally lost it completly
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2006, 01:26:26 AM »

axl's not reuniting with anyone soon.. I think one time he said he hadn't seen slash in ten years or something but had talked to or hung with Izzy?/ I forget really..

Imagine you go to the festival to see new guns and afd gnr is there, everyone will boo them off the stage rofl

I doubt it.  When GN'R played Rio last time, alot of people didn't even know the new members.  Nobody got booed.  Same with the U.S tour.  In fact I am willing to bet that if the old lineup got back together, there would be quite an ovation welcoming them back.  Not saying that is what I personally would want to see happen, but I think if there was any booing by those wanting to see new gn'r would be drownded out by all of the fans that are happy to see the old lineup. 

What Goes around comes around!
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2006, 02:38:26 AM »

i think axl apearing with the old gnr at these shows would be a lack of respect twards the new band because they worked hard all this years to make this album happen and i think they deserve at least a tour in support of the album.
after that i think that axl could reunite with the old band. that would be the greatest moment in rock history. and i hope that they'll reunite cos i am only 21 and i haven't got the priviledge of seeing the original band playing live!

but for now let's hope we have a CD and a tour of the new band!
rock on peace beer

jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2006, 04:26:10 AM »

not reading too much into the logo, but I like it and cant help wondering where it came from

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2006, 04:29:53 AM »

MY REQUEST TO THE WHOLE GUNNER COMMUNITY WORLDWIDE IS:

PLEASE, STOP THE "REUNION STORY" BULLSHIT

thanks

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2006, 05:04:36 AM »

Slash performin'  at these shows would be an insult to the CHI-DEM line-up.....IT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!

If anythin', down the track they had an ol' friend perform a song with these guys, i reckon it'd be Izzy, Axl's best friend yes

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: