Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:26:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Antimusic reporting
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Antimusic reporting  (Read 4514 times)
Minneapolisnewsman
« on: February 19, 2006, 09:18:22 PM »

More GNR Leaks

02/20/06
(antiMusic) The good ship Guns N' Roses is leaking like crazy. Two more songs have surfaced online following two leaks last week. One of the new leaked tracks is a studio quality demo of the song "Twat" and the other leak is what appears to be a demo studio mix of the song "The Blues". The rumor mill is also churning at full speed with speculation that the tracks "Prostitute" and "The General" will soon be leaked as well. The Axl Rose led Guns N' Roses performed "The Blues" during their 2001 New Year's Eve concert in Las Vegas as well as on their 2002 tour. While the GNR leaks have been big news in the underground and among the Gunner faithful, the mainstream media by-in-large have ignored the story. This has opened the doors to some interesting conspiracy theories.

Some of the more interesting theories being debated by fans include: Axl leaked the songs to a) get fans ready for the announcement of the Chinese Democracy. b) gauge fan response to the new Guns N' Roses sound. Which really isn't as far away from the old sound as some feared. c) Axl is leaking the tracks because he plans to redo them with Slash, if not the entire original Guns N' Roses lineup. d) the record company leaked the tracks to force Axl into releasing the album. e) Management is requesting the radio stations play the "IRS" track in heavy rotation.

However reports of management actions seem to debunk some of these theories as the band's manager and/or attorney reportedly has sent "cease and desist" letters to radio stations playing the leaked tracks as well as to owners of websites hosting the files and posting lyrics to any unreleased tracks, including those played during the 2002 tour which have not leaked as studio version tracks.

A Dutch radio station report adds some fuel to the rumor that the album will be released in March. According to a posting on the "Hear Today? Gone to Hell" message board, Dutch radio station Radio Veronica's website reports that "Singer Axl Rose isn't happy with [the leaks], but says, that the problem [will be] fixed at the end of March. Because then the new album will be available in stores."

There is also fan speculation that Axl wanted to try a new marketing technique for the release of the album (see conspiracy theories above). But like the rest of the rumors, this is pure conjecture at this point. Our favorite rumor here at antiMusic is the one that has Axl and Slash rehearsing together recently. Although that seems far fetched, and is contradicted by recent statements from both parties that they haven't spoken to one another in 10 years, rock photographer Ross Halfin posted the following on his official website on Feb 3, "the original lineup [of GNR] is supposed to play Download in June with their metal chums, Metallica." Halfin's post came a few days before Metallica were officially announced as part of the English music festival (Halfin quickly took that post off his site according to Blabbermouth). But like anything with Guns N' Roses, you have to wait to believe it until you see it. Axl likes to keep us all guessing, that's the one thing we can be sure of.

http://www.antimusic.com/news/06/feb/2001.shtml

I did not know this about "The Blues," any insight?

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 09:20:53 PM »

Sounds like an amalgamation of all the rumors that we have heard here.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
gnrkid03
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 09:30:04 PM »

I like the last paragraph about the old lineup getting back together. 
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 09:36:52 PM »

hihi You got that right. I think all the online media places read this site for GNR info. A few weeks ago, one of the articles made a duke nukem reference basically identical to what me and a couple other guys were saying in a thread in The Jungle.

gnr lives on
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2006, 09:40:41 PM »

hihi You got that right. I think all the online media places read this site for GNR info. A few weeks ago, one of the articles made a duke nukem reference basically identical to what me and a couple other guys were saying in a thread in The Jungle.

or mygnrforum.... but ok if u wanna stroke ur ego
Steel_Angel
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2006, 09:43:20 PM »

0o0o0o0o0oo0! owned.
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2006, 10:11:42 PM »

Holy crap! I wish that was true about 'The Blues'. Look in the "comments":

Posted by Axl:
Found the Blues leak! It's up at YouSendit! go here (link removed, please don't post links here - admin)

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Ax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2006, 10:23:04 PM »

Yeah, I haven't read anything about The Blues being leaked, but that would be awesome if it was, not as awesome as if Madagascar was leaked but still good.

And I always laugh that these "news" sites basically just take what people on these boards pull out of their asses and post here as being news about gnr. You would think that they would at least try to get confirmation about these rumors from someone official or at least use some common sense sometimes before reporting things.
jc524
Rocker

I should have known you're crazy

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2006, 10:32:53 PM »

he posted another link to the so-called studio version of the blues, it is just a cleaned up live version Sad

Fucked up and out of place
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2006, 10:34:52 PM »

he posted another link to the so-called studio version of the blues, it is just a cleaned up live version Sad
How cleaned up? hihi

jc524
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2006, 10:36:11 PM »

ahem

no
No posting of links to leaked music allowed at this time.  I hadn't heard that The Blues had leaked but in case this is not from a concert, I'm removing it. 
Sukie
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 01:11:20 AM by Sukie » Logged

jc524
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2006, 10:48:38 PM »

definatly from a live show

LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2006, 10:51:59 PM »

Someone needs to step AWAY from the mixing program confused  Lips Sealed

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2006, 10:53:19 PM »

damn you, i didnt read the pstings above that and thought it was a demo leak, nearly had a heartatache

removed the link in question
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 01:12:26 AM by Sukie » Logged

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2006, 10:54:17 PM »

Pity. It's just one of those lame split-channel "remixes" as they call 'em, where they have 2 versions playing at the same time and creates somewhat of an echo. I guess it's supposed to make it sound more studio?

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Eeebs
I was kissed by Matt Sorum!!
VIP

Riot Act

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2006, 10:57:50 PM »

I think when they are talking about "The Blues", that perhaps they mean, "Better"??

I also find it weird that yahoo news is not reporting this.  I mean, it was headline news that Axl did not get the two cars he paid for... meanwhile, songs that were 1 - 10 years in the making are leaked, and there isn't any kind of reaction or peek from big named media outlets and such??

Hmmm.  Seems strange to me.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 11:02:38 PM by Eeebs » Logged
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2006, 07:05:26 AM »

No links to leaked material are in this post

(antiMusic) The good ship Guns N' Roses is leaking like crazy. Two more songs have surfaced online following two leaks last week. One of the new leaked tracks is a studio quality demo of the song "Twat" and the other leak is what appears to be a demo studio mix of the song "The Blues". The rumor mill is also churning at full speed with speculation that the tracks "Prostitute" and "The General" will soon be leaked as well.

Did The Blues leak?  If anyone has any info about the source, please can they PM me?

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2006, 09:40:25 AM »

or mygnrforum.... but ok if u wanna stroke ur ego

yeah definitely sounds like mygnr, dude:

According to a posting on the "Hear Today? Gone to Hell" message board,.....

ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2006, 10:21:54 AM »

Last friday someone give a link to The Blues, and ask if that was a studio version, I downloaded it but It sounds like a live version cleaned up. I'm sure it's not a leak.

//JK
dENIS
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2006, 10:23:40 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: