Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:28:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  why not a bigger interest for robin finck?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: why not a bigger interest for robin finck?  (Read 9619 times)
RichardNixon
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2006, 08:56:56 AM »

I think there would be more interest if Robin had a body of work, but he doesn't even have one album under his belt (unless you count the awesome NIN live album and a few NIN remix albums).
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2006, 09:27:34 AM »

He'd be alright as a Rhythm Guitarist, but I dunno how he's gonna do as a lead guitarist in a band that used to be heavily guitar driven. Time will tell....

Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2006, 11:02:39 AM »

He's even got his own t-shirt at the official GN'R store....  Cheesy

/jarmo

Yeah but , ummm ... scary thing is .. so does Buckethead.  nervous

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2006, 11:13:36 AM »

He's even got his own t-shirt at the official GN'R store....  Cheesy

/jarmo

Yeah but , ummm ... scary thing is .. so does Buckethead.  nervous

What a horror. Phantom of BH at GNR store. Bh is positively ubiquitous.
makane
Legend

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2006, 11:23:02 AM »

Well, I bet he won't be the lead guitarist when/if Chinese Democracy and tour begins.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
WhosGilby?
Rocker

Now we all know better!

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2006, 11:30:59 AM »

Nobaody can fill Slash's shoes but Finck is still pretty sick, way cooler than buckethead

So bitersweet this tragedy Won't ask for absolution
This melody, inside of me Still searches for solution
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2006, 11:55:07 AM »

i mean this guy is the lead guitar player of guns n' roses, the person who litereally (well, almost) filled slash' shoes and took over his place in gnr. he's a fascinating character and still i hardly ever see you guys discussing him. how come? i can't wait to see what robin has contributed to gnr, all you guys seem to talk about is richard and buckedhead, i don't get it.

We all bought in to Buckethead, and then he left. Little GN'R publicity has happened since then until now, and these leaks have Buckethead playing lead on them, so really we've never heard Finck.

Plus, most people were spoiled by Slash and Buckethead and just slammed Finck without giving him a chance. I've yet to hear him cut loose and play a solo, so I can't really talk about the guy that much.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Goddamn_Electric
Rocker

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2006, 12:10:03 PM »

i mean this guy is the lead guitar player of guns n' roses, the person who litereally (well, almost) filled slash' shoes and took over his place in gnr. he's a fascinating character and still i hardly ever see you guys discussing him. how come? i can't wait to see what robin has contributed to gnr, all you guys seem to talk about is richard and buckedhead, i don't get it.

We all bought in to Buckethead, and then he left. Little GN'R publicity has happened since then until now, and these leaks have Buckethead playing lead on them, so really we've never heard Finck.

Plus, most people were spoiled by Slash and Buckethead and just slammed Finck without giving him a chance. I've yet to hear him cut loose and play a solo, so I can't really talk about the guy that much.

I heard his November Rain solo...and I'd prefer Richard play it.  His own stuff is probably great...but he butchered NR.

11/17/02 Mark of the Quad Cities
11/27/06 Rosemont Horizon
2/19/2012 House of Blues Chicago
7/1/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
7/3/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
10/13/2019 Exit 111 Festival
W. Botaxl Rose
Pansy
Banned
Rocker

Hi, I'm Botaxl & I like to cause riots.

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2006, 12:22:02 PM »

All I know is the show I saw of him on the 2002 tour, he was horrible in every way. He totally butchered some solo's, had the worst solo I've ever heard right before SCOM & generally skipped around like a ferry the whole night. It was so bad, that I almost thought he was trying to sabotage Whaxl & just making a mockery of the whole GNR thing. And getting paid to do it.

Didn't you used to be Axl Rose? Yowza!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVAGh_zRiO4
SLCPUNK
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2006, 01:03:06 PM »

I like da fink.

He is unique and his own guy...............
rainX
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2006, 01:11:32 PM »

i love robin finck

Origen
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2006, 01:13:21 PM »

i love robin finck

... More ways then one
Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2006, 01:16:31 PM »

He performs the NR solos pretty well in RIR3 and I actually like them more than slash's

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
SOLGER
Rocker

LIVE N? LET DIE

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2006, 01:50:19 PM »

I didnt lke Robins & Richards solos in old gnr songs, But..their job on CHinese Democracy material was really awsome. I can understand during the time of the 2002 tour not only they had to know every OLD GNR song but the 70 + songs they have been working on, and I can relate to them trying to perfect their NEW stuff and not the Old stuff.

Live N' Let Die
dangnr
Headliner

My babys gotta locomotive

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2006, 02:23:51 PM »

whats his website?
rainX
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2006, 02:24:50 PM »

his website is: http://www.robinfinck.com

also check out this petition from gnr fans: http://www.petitiononline.com/rfinck/petition.html
shaun
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2006, 02:46:02 PM »

It is funny, Buckethead received much of the attention and then he left. Once he left people spoke negative sh-t about him. I think Robin receives a lot of flak because the average gunner sees him has the direct replacement for Slash. Having seen the new GnR live,  Buckethead had his moments where he did I great job on the old songs, and Robin was doing a great job too. Slash is good too, he has his own sound, he used to hit bum notes too.
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

...i fell in love and baby...

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2006, 06:38:01 AM »

It is funny, Buckethead received much of the attention and then he left. Once he left people spoke negative sh-t about him. I think Robin receives a lot of flak because the average gunner sees him has the direct replacement for Slash. Having seen the new GnR live,? Buckethead had his moments where he did I great job on the old songs, and Robin was doing a great job too. Slash is good too, he has his own sound, he used to hit bum notes too.
robin WAS the direct replacement for slash, if we are to believe matt axl even wanted to bring in finck to play lead WHILE SLASH WAS STILL IN THE BAND! until buckehead and then later richard joined, he was the only lead guitar player in guns n' roses, although other have worked with axl without actually being involved in the band. however, i think this is all part of a great master plan, finck was brought in for a reason. as was richard, who is a more bluesier guitar player. maybe axl was more into industrial when he got finck, but then decided to keep him as the music evolved. surely the guy must have alot of talent.

i see the light at the end, but everytime i take a step, it gets dim... tell me is this hell we're living in? if so, heaven's gotta be better, but if we're hellbound, whatever, it's going down.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2006, 06:50:55 AM »

robin WAS the direct replacement for slash, if we are to believe matt axl even wanted to bring in finck to play lead WHILE SLASH WAS STILL IN THE BAND!

No!!!!! Robin was gonna replace Gilby, who's contract had run out rofl

Velvet Forever
Headliner

GNR Here Today...I hope someday in Hell...

« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2006, 07:33:49 AM »

I think Robin has his place in NGNR , he is very talented guy . Some of you tells that he makes some mistakes in his solos , but i think it's a kind of play more than mistakes , I like his trash solos , it's cool you know? He's a very good guitar player !
the blues solo is just fucking awesome!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: