Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 09:34:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  News from wes' friend
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: News from wes' friend  (Read 9080 times)
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2006, 09:54:31 PM »

I jus want the rest of BETTER and that is it. No more leaks, unless we just get to hear the demos of CD, the blues, madagascar or ryiadh.
Pretty good point Dave. Leaking demos of already heard songs would be great, and wouldnt spoil the album. Its when leaking never heard big guns that would be like crossing a certain line. a point of no return i guess. Even though I agree with you, and after the comments I just said, I have one more thing to say........

LEAK THE TRILOGY!!! hihi

how come Better is such superior quality (sound wise) to the rest?
And these songs are in stereo, how did someone manage to get such a good recording if it was taped from a club?

Im kind of leaning towards the theory that this is somehow a leaked single - Better being the single, the demos being the B-sides

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2006, 10:01:20 PM »

I jus want the rest of BETTER and that is it. No more leaks, unless we just get to hear the demos of CD, the blues, madagascar or ryiadh.
Pretty good point Dave. Leaking demos of already heard songs would be great, and wouldnt spoil the album. Its when leaking never heard big guns that would be like crossing a certain line. a point of no return i guess. Even though I agree with you, and after the comments I just said, I have one more thing to say........

LEAK THE TRILOGY!!! hihi

And these songs are in stereo, how did someone manage to get such a good recording if it was taped from a club?

Im kind of leaning towards the theory that this is somehow a leaked single - Better being the single, the demos being the B-sides
I dont think its an official leak. I think there is more than one disc in circulation. Like you said, Better is alot better quality than the other two. Its out of place on the so called trunk cd. I would not be surprised if what Axl played at the NY strip club is now in circulation.

sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2006, 10:14:20 PM »

Yeah, the varying quality certainly doesn't really synch with all being on the Trunk CD.

IRS (and TWAT?) from Crazy Horse '03, Better from a NY club just a week ago?

« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 10:18:47 PM by sic. » Logged

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2006, 02:05:31 AM »

LEAK THE TRILOGY!!! hihi

I dont think its an official leak. I think there is more than one disc in circulation. Like you said, Better is alot better quality than the other two. Its out of place on the so called trunk cd. I would not be surprised if what Axl played at the NY strip club is now in circulation.

yeah but that still doesn't explain how a song supposedly played in the open air of a strip club could be recorded on the sly in stereo? The only way for that scenario to check out is if someone slyly copied the disc he played from the actual source. Surely he wasnt that careless?

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2006, 02:11:22 AM »

LEAK THE TRILOGY!!! hihi

yeah but that still doesn't explain how a song supposedly played in the open air of a strip club could be recorded on the sly in stereo? The only way for that scenario to check out is if someone slyly copied the disc he played from the actual source. Surely he wasnt that careless?
Well, if he was really drunk, or high on something else it could easily have happened. I just wish a few more leaks would happen to see if my theory holds any water. hihi

-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2006, 02:32:39 AM »

Yeah, the varying quality certainly doesn't really synch with all being on the Trunk CD.

IRS (and TWAT?) from Crazy Horse '03, Better from a NY club just a week ago?

Wes (the guy who leaked these songs) claimed he got the songs in '04. So.. no to the "leaked in NY" theory.

And.. well I doubt these songs were copyed at a club.. Axl wouldnt be so dumb or all of CD would have leaked by now.

Who knows really...

gnrevolution.com
Stupid Head
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2006, 02:54:51 AM »

If this guy has more tracks, he should hold Axl to ransom.
Ask him for an official statement or keep us informed. If he doesnt....release the tracks one at a time till he gives us something.
rainX
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2006, 03:07:58 AM »

he should make axl make you stop posting in huge letters.
Stupid Head
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2006, 03:10:52 AM »

he should make axl make you stop posting in huge letters.
Just trying to get that wes guys attention. It could work...possibly
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

...i fell in love and baby...

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2006, 03:35:57 AM »

Ask him for an official statement or keep us informed. If he doesnt....release the tracks one at a time till he gives us something.

i can see where you get your nickname from.

i see the light at the end, but everytime i take a step, it gets dim... tell me is this hell we're living in? if so, heaven's gotta be better, but if we're hellbound, whatever, it's going down.
shaun
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2006, 04:05:43 AM »

why release .mp3 files? they should have released .wav files  ok

conny
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2006, 06:27:21 AM »

The idea is not to force Axl, but to soothe the pain of the hardcore fans and re-install faith for both. Fans should be like: "hey the music kicks ass nothing to worry about" and Axl should be like "hey they like my stuff nothing to worry about".

Legally of course there is a conflict but it can be done without going weay over the top with such bullshit as you just described it.

Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2006, 06:31:52 AM »

The idea is not to force Axl, but to soothe the pain of the hardcore fans and re-install faith for both. Fans should be like: "hey the music kicks ass nothing to worry about" and Axl should be like "hey they like my stuff nothing to worry about".

Legally of course there is a conflict but it can be done without going weay over the top with such bullshit as you just described it.

bad idea, I bet Axl knows his stuff is great! He doesn't need confirmation as of yet, he knows dude. I think he tried figuring out the last year what to do with the recorded buckethead stuff. Who to replace him, IF he should replace the parts.... bring him back or not.......etc etc That must have been a major set-back. Cause an other guitar player changes the vibe/

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
blaqktiger
Guitars Suck
Rocker

The only man to pull off a Red Suit - BfoOt

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2006, 06:34:49 AM »

I'd like to know what is on this disc.

07-06-2006 -- Hammersmith Apollo.
11-06-2006 -- Donington Park.
30-07-2006 -- Wembley Arena.

www.robinfinck.com
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2006, 06:47:02 AM »

I'd like to know what is on this disc.
You're the only one. hihi

blaqktiger
Guitars Suck
Rocker

The only man to pull off a Red Suit - BfoOt

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2006, 06:55:31 AM »

Well I think we have enough leaks now.

I'm just curious to what else was on this cd.

07-06-2006 -- Hammersmith Apollo.
11-06-2006 -- Donington Park.
30-07-2006 -- Wembley Arena.

www.robinfinck.com
madagas
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2006, 10:00:33 AM »

I do think that if the leak wasn't intentional, Merck should make an official statement and at least say these are demos and are 3 years old. If these tracks have changed in some way, he should say it so people don't think this is the finished product (I hope it is not due to the poor mix-especiallt on twat). Let the radio stations know that they are dealing with a dated, unfinished product.
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2006, 10:31:13 AM »

Here is the story how I got the demo cd A friend of mine came back from vegas he said that the demo was recorded while axl was playing it at a vegas club not sure which one but his daughter works there she got a copy and gave it to her dad he new we are huge fans of gnr and mike and wes a copy of the demo we have had this demo since november 2004 so many rumors are out there that we might be axl or we work for him not true we are fans just like you so many people want this out there and so many dont so you let me know if you want it out there

apperently it also has been cofirmed by wes on mygnr..

Does he said what other songs were on the CD ?

//JK
KillYourIdols
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2006, 10:43:12 AM »

It's probable that a DJ or employee of said clubs was able to rip the songs to his hard drive and/or make a copy of the cd. Correct me if I am wrong, but a LOT of DJ's use computer equipment to rip/make mix's/play songs in clubs.

I would guess that is the way it happened.

Also, it's kind of smart for the people who leaked it to wait for a long time, because it makes the origins of the leak that much more difficult to ascertain. I mean, if it leaked RIGHT AFTER the strip club, or the NYC club, for example, it would be really easy for management to trace it back to the source. Or at least, EASIER.

My 2 cents.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 10:53:26 AM by KillYourIdols » Logged
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2006, 10:50:27 AM »

Here is the story how I got the demo cd A friend of mine came back from vegas he said that the demo was recorded while axl was playing it at a vegas club not sure which one but his daughter works there she got a copy and gave it to her dad he new we are huge fans of gnr and mike and wes a copy of the demo we have had this demo since november 2004 so many rumors are out there that we might be axl or we work for him not true we are fans just like you so many people want this out there and so many dont so you let me know if you want it out there

apperently it also has been cofirmed by wes on mygnr..

so this is the demo from crazy horse then? funny thats been around for so long and no leak...

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: