Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 09:00:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash Confirms Soon ?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Confirms Soon ?  (Read 9460 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2006, 02:57:37 PM »

I wonder who Slash's contact is Huh

Ross Halfin?  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2006, 03:00:36 PM »

Same thing he said a few months back.

It'll be very ironic if a former GNR member let the word out on Chinese Democracy. I guess, this'd just confirm than anything is possible in the world of GNR.

I can imagine de headlines.. "Chinese Democracy to be released on march" and when if it does actually get released on March..."who made the announcement"? A former member, Slash. Huh?

Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2006, 03:02:45 PM »

Smiley good, i hooe the sun get their things right, who knows ? they are not always wrong.. Wink

Nothing to say
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2006, 03:05:15 PM »

Too me at least, Slash mooching publicity off of Axl's project is getting old and tiresome...

Yes because Velvet Revolver didn't get more publicity or press than Axl Rose has in the past couple years.  Roll Eyes
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2006, 03:07:15 PM »

Now say Slash have been saying march two times. It's been o couple of weeks or so and he still says it. And Axl have been out playing the record. So no I REALLT get my hopes up! ok

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
ElNonoPololo
Headliner

Here Today...I guess

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2006, 03:08:05 PM »

This is interesting. I mean, there?s been many, many, MANY rumors and fake release dates over the years, and this is first time Slash has stepped out to say : ??Yeah, I heard it?s definitely coming in such and such date??

Besides, if he says it?s a reliable sorce, I don?t think he means Mysterion... Slash knows a shitload of people in the business. The only thing I think should be noticed is that MAYBE he misunderstood or got things wrong, and an ANNOUNCEMENT or release date is coming in March, but not the actual album. ?

Either way, it seems like something big is going to happen soon, with Axl doing his Strip Club Tour and all that hihi

The only thing that doesn?t fit is that most GNR members are currently on tour or busy doing something else... I guess it?s wait and see...as always.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!!
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2006, 03:09:57 PM »

maybe merck. i guess he's telling slash all those stuff, just to make if axl doesn't deliver this march, or hell, even this year,  someone else get's the blame.  Wink

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2006, 03:17:14 PM »

The only thing I think should be noticed is that MAYBE he misunderstood or got things wrong, and an ANNOUNCEMENT or release date is coming in March, but not the actual album. 

I

Me too guess so. And/Or maybe a single?
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2006, 03:31:01 PM »

maybe merck. i guess he's telling slash all those stuff, just to make if axl doesn't deliver this march, or hell, even this year,? someone else get's the blame.? Wink

Hell, I thought it could be Izzy. Undecided

Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2006, 03:32:52 PM »

I'm not one to believe what he says completely, but what possible reason does he have to lie? I believe he THINKS his information is true.
Obviously, they still have a LOT of common friends, aquaintences in the music biz and in their normal social circles. What he says is probably true, all except the release date.
March ?is nearly impossible, but April/May seems extremely plausible.

Morley
Opening Act

There's stories to be told...

« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2006, 03:38:22 PM »

maybe merck. i guess he's telling slash all those stuff, just to make if axl doesn't deliver this march, or hell, even this year,? someone else get's the blame.? Wink

Hell, I thought it could be Izzy. Undecided

Maybe Dizzy?

I'm not one to believe what he says completely, but what possible reason does he have to lie? I believe he THINKS his information is true.
Obviously, they still have a LOT of common friends, aquaintences in the music biz and in their normal social circles. What he says is probably true, all except the release date.
March? is nearly impossible, but April/May seems extremely plausible.

That?s exactly my point, I think he has no reason to spread these lies.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 03:44:41 PM by Morley » Logged

Here Today... I'm afraid... nervous
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2006, 03:40:28 PM »

I agree with Thorazie that it is Izzy.  Slash trusts Izzy, and I think Axl does too.  Slash is over the top on the nice side.  I wonder if he plays on a song....."This I Love"?
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2006, 03:47:02 PM »

I agree with Thorazie that it is Izzy.? Slash trusts Izzy, and I think Axl does too.? Slash is over the top on the nice side.? I wonder if he plays on a song....."This I Love"?

It seems to be the best connection between the two (Axl and Slash).

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2006, 03:47:29 PM »

The only thing I think should be noticed is that MAYBE he misunderstood or got things wrong, and an ANNOUNCEMENT or release date is coming in March, but not the actual album.?

Is there something significant about releasing an album in March? ?Like to qualify for the Grammy Awards or something like that? ?Because if there's NOT and since Axl's already waited this long, why not take advantage of an ad promotion that could be done with a June 6th release date?

CHINESE DEMOCRACY COMING 666!!!

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2006, 03:48:34 PM »

The only thing I think should be noticed is that MAYBE he misunderstood or got things wrong, and an ANNOUNCEMENT or release date is coming in March, but not the actual album.?

Is there something significant about releasing an album in March? ?Like to qualify for the Grammy Awards or something like that? ?Because if there's NOT and since Axl's already waited this long, why not take advantage of an ad promotion that could be done with a June 6th release date?

I think Axl may be a bit too superstitious to use that date.

Evolution
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2006, 03:49:21 PM »

That?s exactly my point, I think he has no reason to spread these lies.

Which is why it's so interesting. A figure from the past talking about new.
JustWckd
Rocker

It happened in my lifetime!!!

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2006, 03:49:56 PM »

anyone else notice that Madagascar isn't on the included tracks.

I mean how could Axl leave that off the first of three CDs?

12/27/11 Phoenix
04/08/16 Vegas!!!!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2006, 04:00:21 PM »

The only thing I think should be noticed is that MAYBE he misunderstood or got things wrong, and an ANNOUNCEMENT or release date is coming in March, but not the actual album. 

Is there something significant about releasing an album in March?  Like to qualify for the Grammy Awards or something like that?  Because if there's NOT and since Axl's already waited this long, why not take advantage of an ad promotion that could be done with a June 6th release date?

If I were Axl I'd choose the date.  And start the promotion on the pie day. gonna call a private eye!
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2006, 04:08:05 PM »

1st off , thank god the board is back. I "almost" registered at sp1at and/or mygnr .. lol

Second .. slash has ALWAYS been fairly positive when talking about the new album and has always hinted he couldnt wait for it to come out to see what it was all about and to finally see what axl's vision was. He's been saying it for years. Sure , he may not have always said great things about the band being still called GNR but he hasnt bad mouthed the album and wanting to hear it.

Third , I could see them releasing the album in march with maybe 2 weeks of whirlwind promotion or even no promotion! Maybe not the best example but Limp Bizkit released an E.P. last year with ZERO promotion .. nobody even knew it was in sores unless they actually were at the store and spotted it.

Hell , Democracy could be in your record store now ... go have a look!!

HTGTH starts now!!!   ok

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2006, 04:09:00 PM »

anyone else notice that Madagascar isn't on the included tracks.

I mean how could Axl leave that off the first of three CDs?

axl just said his favourites. that doesn`t exclude maddy from CD.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: