Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 12:55:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Slash Confirms Soon ?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Confirms Soon ?  (Read 9457 times)
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2006, 04:09:19 PM »

The only thing I think should be noticed is that MAYBE he misunderstood or got things wrong, and an ANNOUNCEMENT or release date is coming in March, but not the actual album.?
Me too guess so. And/Or maybe a single?

Is there something significant about releasing an album in March?? Like to qualify for the Grammy Awards or something like that?? Because if there's NOT and since Axl's already waited this long, why not take advantage of an ad promotion that could be done with a June 6th release date?

CHINESE DEMOCRACY COMING 666!!!

If I were Axl I'd choose the date.? And start the promotion on the pie day. gonna call a private eye!

Are you referring to 3-14 as pie day? ?Thats pretty good! beer

Origen
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2006, 04:11:45 PM »

I wonder who Slash's contact is Huh

maybe merck. i guess he's telling slash all those stuff, just to make if axl doesn't deliver this march, or hell, even this year,? someone else get's the blame.? Wink

Hell, I thought it could be Izzy. Undecided

Maybe Dizzy?

I doubt it's Dizzy, he seems quite bitter towards the old members, or at least unlikely to talk to any of them.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2006, 04:12:44 PM »

Are you referring to 3-14 as pie day?  Thats pretty good! beer

eye.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2006, 04:14:36 PM »

1st off , thank god the board is back. I "almost" registered at sp1at and/or mygnr .. lol

Second .. slash has ALWAYS been fairly positive when talking about the new album and has always hinted he couldnt wait for it to come out to see what it was all about and to finally see what axl's vision was. He's been saying it for years. Sure , he may not have always said great things about the band being still called GNR but he hasnt bad mouthed the album and wanting to hear it.

Third , I could see them releasing the album in march with maybe 2 weeks of whirlwind promotion or even no promotion! Maybe not the best example but Limp Bizkit released an E.P. last year with ZERO promotion .. nobody even knew it was in sores unless they actually were at the store and spotted it.

Hell , Democracy could be in your record store now ... go have a look!!

HTGTH starts now!!!   ok

yeah i agree with you. i was thinking about that scenario, too. maybe there`s no or little money for promotion left and axl has to do the main part.... + an intense promotion 2 weeks prior....     maybe this is the case and slash is right, or he misinterpreted what he heard and we`ll "just" get an announcement/single.....  the second case would fully satisfy my demands though... hihi

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Almost Famous
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2006, 04:15:30 PM »

What about the pressing? What about the buzz that would be created once the disc in at the manufacturing level. Someone at somepoint would be talking. It would have to be in the pressing stages, wouldn't it? I mean, can 200,000 to 400,000 (or whatever the case may be) units be produced and shipped in one month under the cover of night? I don't think so. I really, really want to... But I don't.
Origen
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2006, 04:15:53 PM »

The only thing I think should be noticed is that MAYBE he misunderstood or got things wrong, and an ANNOUNCEMENT or release date is coming in March, but not the actual album.?
Me too guess so. And/Or maybe a single?

Is there something significant about releasing an album in March?? Like to qualify for the Grammy Awards or something like that?? Because if there's NOT and since Axl's already waited this long, why not take advantage of an ad promotion that could be done with a June 6th release date?

CHINESE DEMOCRACY COMING 666!!!

If I were Axl I'd choose the date.? And start the promotion on the pie day. gonna call a private eye!

The date is going to be relevant to nothing imo.

he'll just pick a random date when he feel ready to release it
shaun
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2006, 04:18:55 PM »

This is great news i can't wait. I really do think the album is finished as Axl is out and about so much these days.
SuperMike
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2006, 04:21:04 PM »

Slash's comments on the album being released soon saying he's excited sounds like bull shit if you ask me. I'm not bashing Slash , I think the guy's awesome but I remember when he said something like "I just wish the fucker would release the damn thing so I can hear how he fucked up something so awesome." Or maybe his thoughts has changed through time, I don't know.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2006, 04:36:08 PM »

Slash's comments on the album being released soon saying he's excited sounds like bull shit if you ask me. I'm not bashing Slash , I think the guy's awesome but I remember when he said something like "I just wish the fucker would release the damn thing so I can hear how he fucked up something so awesome." Or maybe his thoughts has changed through time, I don't know.

that was probably right after he quit the band and was still bitter about what happened....  i believe his recent statements were honest ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2006, 04:37:18 PM »

The Sun looks like a real reputable paper rofl hihi
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2006, 04:55:23 PM »

Slash has been out of Gn'R for almost 10 years...

Axl has been in Gn'R for...well...forever... Undecided

I think when Axl gives a release date, thats when we should bite..

Too me at least, Slash mooching publicity off of Axl's project is getting old and tiresome...

If you heard the interview, you would know that he was politely responding to the Dj's question as he was trying to hang up...the DJ dais, Slash i'd be remis to ask you this as there will be alot of pissed off GnR fans " Is CD gonna happen"
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2006, 04:56:57 PM »

that's pretty much what he's been saying if you heard the interviews
The Hinge
Headliner

Here Today...and every bloody day

« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2006, 05:04:18 PM »

after all these years......I'll only semi believe it when an OFFICIAL release date is set by management, and i'll only fully believe it when i am holding a copy of the album in my hands. who knows whats going to happen ?? smoking

Nice to have the board back onlline !

'Most organized religions make a mockery of humanity'
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2006, 05:06:16 PM »

^^I'm with you about believing in CD but my pessisimis is slowly eroding as I haven't heard this much GnR news since the Illusion albums came out.....maybe this is the publicity machine people are bitching about them not having rofl
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2006, 05:09:03 PM »

I think the same SuperMike. Undecided

The Sun looks like a real reputable paper

So you haven't heard the interview. Not that The Sun is a real reliable source. Nor slash. No way.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2006, 05:19:29 PM »

I mean, can 200,000 to 400,000 (or whatever the case may be) units be produced and shipped in one month under the cover of night? I don't think so. I really, really want to... But I don't.

Yes they could.

Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2006, 05:39:05 PM »

I wonder who Slash's contact is Huh

Maybe Slash is still in GN'R  Grin 
He pretended to leave and maybe he's the 3rd guitarist after buckethead, either Slash or Izzy is 3rd guitar  Grin

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2006, 05:40:22 PM »

I think the same SuperMike. Undecided

The Sun looks like a real reputable paper

So you haven't heard the interview. Not that The Sun is a real reliable source. Nor slash. No way.

If you read the next post down you'll se that I had heard it
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2006, 05:44:01 PM »

If you read the next post down you'll se that I had heard it

I thought you just missed this interview.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2006, 06:07:37 PM »

I believe Slash's info is dated.
he's probably heard it from a safe source a couple of months ago, that March was planned.
but plans have most likely been changed since then, like they tend to do with this Axl fella Cheesy

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: