Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 06:32:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Will Buckethead be back for a new tour?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will Buckethead be back for a new tour?  (Read 19922 times)
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #100 on: February 19, 2006, 11:00:36 AM »

I feel like i'm the only one here... but i don't like his work on the gnr material I find it to robotish he lacks the geniune passion that robin and richard have. I personally don't like his shredding on the demo's. I think robin is more in touch with the emotional element of what axl is trying to convey... where as bucket is just playing parts.
No you are not the only one ok
I feel the same. I also want to say Robin really does a great job. I can hear his guitar playing in those demos, and he is really good.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #101 on: February 19, 2006, 11:02:51 AM »

nes I just think it would be shitty for the man to have been involved in three albums(or album's worth of material) then not be in the band to actually play the parts..  The man has great speed n talent so does the last two guitar players just double up on his work?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #102 on: February 19, 2006, 11:14:17 AM »

I think finck is great, but do you wish bucket was back.
Yep yep
robin + bucket = rare and exquisite conbination  yes

I hope He will be in when the album is out.

but now hving listed to his work on these leaks have your opinions of him changed?

nope
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #103 on: February 19, 2006, 11:26:54 AM »

Just as long as his parts are on the album, I don't think many guitar players could replicate what he does, he's just awesome.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #104 on: February 19, 2006, 11:31:54 AM »

Just as long as his parts are on the album, I don't think many guitar players could replicate what he does, he's just awesome.

indeed. and even BH doesn't replicate exactly what he's done once.
makane
Legend

« Reply #105 on: February 19, 2006, 11:39:51 AM »

How can you miss him since they haven't done anything since hes been gone? Undecided

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #106 on: February 19, 2006, 11:47:46 AM »

i always thought bucket was a good manl. lets hope just cuz hes gone gn'r can use 2 guitarists

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #107 on: February 19, 2006, 11:50:16 AM »

How can you miss him since they haven't done anything since hes been gone? Undecided

well you do know some people here do watch the bootlegs all the time and listen to every new guns track like crazy? So to some it's like he has been around for ages even though this band has never released anything
ATREAL1_1
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #108 on: February 19, 2006, 11:52:25 AM »

Everyone likes to say robin in more "emotional", thats fine. But GnR is mostly a guitar band, and the fact is that Robin is not good enough to carry the whole load, Neither is Richard. You need someone like Bucket to provide something impressive to each song. And why is everyone just saying how all he does is shread. Did you guys listen to TWAT? He dont shread at all! I DO like Robin's part, but I picked up the guitar and played it... a guitartist in his first month could play that in their sleep (dont believe me, ill tab it for you). WITH ROBIN AS THE MAIN EVENT, GNR WILL BE A JOKE! Bucket is the main event, Robin is there just to offer a little something different. ?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 11:54:15 AM by ATREAL1_1 » Logged
Goddamn_Electric
Rocker

« Reply #109 on: February 19, 2006, 01:06:55 PM »

i dont think the new members do the old songs very well. Well the performance i heard of knocking on heavens door was just so bad i cant describe it.

The reason for that, is that Axl wants to play it the way Dylan wrote it now, instead of GNR rock-out style.  Bad decision, IMO.

11/17/02 Mark of the Quad Cities
11/27/06 Rosemont Horizon
2/19/2012 House of Blues Chicago
7/1/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
7/3/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
10/13/2019 Exit 111 Festival
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #110 on: February 19, 2006, 01:34:01 PM »

If Bucket comes back I hope they do another rendition of "please hold the onions"  ok

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zAEI8CGeies&search=axl%20rose%20rocks

a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #111 on: February 19, 2006, 01:43:38 PM »

Yeh the dude is a great guitarist but I wouldnt want him back. He decided to leave the band. He cant have believed in what they were doing that much if he decided to jump ship!
Cmon man!! Listen to his solos! Does that sound like a man that doesnt believe?

Yeh but James, his solos are what make him a great guitarist. What made him leave the band I dont know. But my point is he cant of believed that much if he decided to fuck off before the album came out! Mike

ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #112 on: February 19, 2006, 01:50:23 PM »

Every time you hear someone say Buckethead's just a shredder and doesn't have any feeling in his songs, it's a pretty good indicator that person doesn't know what they're talking about  ok
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #113 on: February 19, 2006, 02:01:55 PM »

i`d love to see bucket back in gnr for the next tour and future records, but i guess we`ll have to live with the situation we have now.....   i think an announcement is needed to clear some things up. i could imagine that bucket will be back if the record hits the stores. i think he left because of the inactivity in gnr....so... ok   but tommy destroyed all bridges left anyway, so it`s highly unlikely. i guess even slash being back is more likely..

by the way..  james, mike, etc...., don`t state it as a fact that IRS is a mediocre song. that`s just your opinion.   i really love that song, and not only because of bucket`s solo. i agree, it kicks ass, but the rest of the song is even better imo. i love the riffs and axl`s vocal melodies. it`s my favourite gnr song at the moment peace

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #114 on: February 19, 2006, 02:03:19 PM »

Every time you hear someone say Buckethead's just a shredder and doesn't have any feeling in his songs, it's a pretty good indicator that person doesn't know what they're talking about  ok

Thank you.

Has anyone heard Colma?

I love my parents is one of the most moving songs I have ever heard.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #115 on: February 19, 2006, 02:05:50 PM »

Thank you.

Has anyone heard Colma?

yeah   i have most of bucket`s solo efforts. i don`t thinkthe music is that great, but it`s good enough to see that he`s an amazing guitarist with lots of potential.....  the gnr demos proove that ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #116 on: February 19, 2006, 02:07:55 PM »

Sketches of Spain is a nice song, so is Too many Humans and Witches on Health are good.

But it gets boring after a while, even the things I consider 'good' from buckethead.

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #117 on: February 19, 2006, 02:18:04 PM »

There are those on here that say that the 'new guys' play the old songs better than the real gunners. As for as that goes I cannot say because i have not heard much of the new band playing old stuff.

Technical proficiency outta the way though -  if theyre so great, why need 3 guitarists when Slash and Izzy could do it perfectly well by themselves?

Slash etc will always have far more charisma, aura and presence than any of these hired hands.

Plus, did these 'new guys' actually write and of the old songs? I rest my case!!

As for Dizzy Reed, whats the point of that guy?!

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #118 on: February 19, 2006, 02:19:28 PM »

Gn'R are better off without that freak. I think it's best that Axl stays away from Dysfunctional men like BH.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #119 on: February 19, 2006, 03:20:15 PM »

Thank you.

Has anyone heard Colma?

[/quo

yeah   i have most of bucket`s solo efforts. i don`t thinkthe music is that great, but it`s good enough to see that he`s an amazing guitarist with lots of potential.....  the gnr demos proove that ok

I like Bucket's work in GnR so far but I think Bucket made the name for himself before uncle axl brought him on board.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: