Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 06:38:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Will Buckethead be back for a new tour?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will Buckethead be back for a new tour?  (Read 19941 times)
gnrkid03
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2006, 04:56:57 AM »

If by Bucket, you mean Slash, then yes, I wish he was back in the band.  All things aside tho, even without Slash, I hope this album kicks ass
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2006, 05:56:07 AM »

the proof is in irs imo, the entire song is pretty averag until that late solo kicks in.. Gnr was founded as a rock guitar group, slash was a staple in every gnr tune..   I think for a band with 3 players a tthe time it is missing that,.... I think bucket was the one extra bright spot in this ne wband because of his talents
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2006, 06:17:22 AM »

No

His solos are still too fast and they lack of vibe, feeling, emotion. I'm not impressed by pure technique. Never was.
Richard/Robin have more vibe, and together they have an amazing chemistry.
There was no chemistry with Buckethead. He is gone and as Tommy said it's fine like that.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 06:20:55 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2006, 06:21:12 AM »

No.

His solos are still too fast and they lack of vibe, feeling, emotion. I'm not impressed by pure technique. Never was.
Richard/Robin have more vibe. Great guitar duet.
Do you hate IRS? His solo is the only real highlight of the song. Question: Why do you hate Buckethead so much? You've been obsessed with him since I've been at this forum.

highend88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2006, 06:22:24 AM »

How about collaboration?
Guns N Roses feat Buckethead on MTV
IRS kick ass

I get up around seven
Get outta bed around nine
And I don't worry about nothin' no
'Cause worrin's a waste of my fuckin time
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #85 on: February 19, 2006, 06:22:44 AM »

Yes! I want him back! Slash I don?t miss in these new songs and even in Knockin on heaves door I prefer Buckethead drool If he doesn't come back let?s hope Richard Fortus can step up and do something cool in Bucketheads spots

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2006, 06:23:05 AM »

I agree he's not a slahs type in his emotion during his work, but it doesn't negate the fact his skills are excellent.....

Then let the others have the emotion and let bh kick it into second gear during certain parts of the songs...

I think he was an asset either way..
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2006, 06:24:42 AM »

who cares about buckethead, anyway.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #88 on: February 19, 2006, 06:26:05 AM »

You are ridiculous. What do you say "do you hate IRS?". I love IRS, i'm just not impressed by his speedy Gonzales shredd guitar solo.
I worked in studio, with professionals, I know what music is.
You see, Robin's 1st solo on TWAT (around 2.35) touched me twice more than anything Buckethead has ever done with GN'R.
It's the right notes at the right place, Robin really starts to impress me... those guitar notes will become classics.

I don't "hate" Buckethead, it's just the guy makes me feel nothing. Speed is nothing. Feeling is everything.
Buckethead has speed...too bad he has no feeling.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 06:35:53 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
vee
« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2006, 06:31:23 AM »

You see, Robin's 1st solo on TWAT (around 2.35) touched me twice more than anything Buckethead has ever done with GN'R.
It's the right notes at the right place, Robin really starts to impress me... those guitare notes will become classics.

Smiley... well said...

vee
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #90 on: February 19, 2006, 09:04:19 AM »

Guys, I love Bucket... but Slash could make these songs awesome too.

Well i think Irs and better are really not slash his style, but TWAT he really could turn that song into an even bigger epic with his solo's beer
Funral
Opening Act

There Was A Time......

« Reply #91 on: February 19, 2006, 09:24:24 AM »

the proof is in irs imo, the entire song is pretty averag until that late solo kicks in.. Gnr was founded as a rock guitar group, slash was a staple in every gnr tune..   

mike...mike...mike...You never cease to amaze me with your blinded love for Slash!.....get it out of your numb scull...................Slash is not GNR no more.....and he will never be!

BTW- IRS is played heavily on Radio on top of every hour.....pretty good for an average song!  ok
knut
Who needs custom titles anyway?
Headliner

« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2006, 09:41:51 AM »

Bucket is a very good guitarist, but from what I've read he was a pain in everbody else's ass...

Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #93 on: February 19, 2006, 10:01:12 AM »

I'm worried and excited at the same time, we've heard some demos and the reaction is huge they sound great. Problem is WHO, WHEN, WHAT, WHERE, WHY Huh?? Does Bucket come back, will CD really come out end of March, will they play as a guest on TV any time soon, is Axl comming out in public a sign of the begining, is worlds most dangerous Rocken roller about to change history again?
Oh I can't stand the excitment, who gonna be on stage? What's going on!!!!!       

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #94 on: February 19, 2006, 10:05:31 AM »

Obviously I'd love for him to return , if only to tour and do videos .. but in the end I just want Bucket to do what he feels is best for him.  ok

Buckets a pain in the ass and eccentric? Compared to who , Axl?  hihi

Remember also that Robin "jumped" ship when he didnt "believe" anymore and didnt think the album would ever come out.  Roll Eyes

I look at things a bit different , Buckethead is very straightedge in hs lifestyle , doesnt drink smoke or do drugs , likes simple childlike things to entertain himself , video games , movies etc etc ... on the other hand you have members like tommy & dizzy who at every solo show I've seen pics of have more bottles of beer or shot glasses near the stage then guitar pedals.

Syd Garron (producer of secret recipe) said it best to me when I showed him tommys comments "if buckets so hard to work with then how is it he has appeared on over 100 albums by so many different artists?"  ... nobody except tommy has ever remarked that buckethead was a pain and/or hard to work with. Bucket gets offers to appear on albums and soundtracks on an almost daily basis.

You can slight , slander and mock him for the characther he created with a mask and bucket till your blue in the face , but yu've all heard the leaked demos now .. and you cant deny his playing brings all 3 to a whole dfferent level. And for all the "speed" talk BS , just listen to TWAT.

Nuff said.

Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #95 on: February 19, 2006, 10:26:28 AM »

To me there needs to be a commitment from all members stating that there either IN or OUT. How can a guy be shure his Guitarist isn't gonna decide tomorrow that he dosen't want to be in the band anymore. I don't know! maybe Buckethead knew more than the rest of the band.   

Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #96 on: February 19, 2006, 10:31:00 AM »

One thing I like about BH besides his guitar playing is he dosen't talk shit!!

ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #97 on: February 19, 2006, 10:31:27 AM »

... who knows

maybe he is.

Lips Sealed
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #98 on: February 19, 2006, 10:44:15 AM »

i've listened to buckethead's solo material and I think he is great in his own right but i don't like him in gnr.

I feel like i'm the only one here... but i don't like his work on the gnr material I find it to robotish he lacks the geniune passion that robin and richard have. I personally don't like his shredding on the demo's. I think robin is more in touch with the emotional element of what axl is trying to convey... where as bucket is just playing parts.

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #99 on: February 19, 2006, 10:54:37 AM »

the proof is in irs imo, the entire song is pretty averag until that late solo kicks in.. Gnr was founded as a rock guitar group, slash was a staple in every gnr tune..? ?

mike...mike...mike...You never cease to amaze me with your blinded love for Slash!.....get it out of your numb scull...................Slash is not GNR no more.....and he will never be!

BTW- IRS is played heavily on Radio on top of every hour.....pretty good for an average song!? ok

I'm complimenting buckethead you fuck nut,...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: