Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 05:24:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  I just don't miss the old band at all..Do you?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I just don't miss the old band at all..Do you?  (Read 26416 times)
Elrothiel
« Reply #160 on: February 22, 2006, 10:49:34 PM »

I hear ya D!! Fuck other bands! I want Guns N' Roses!!

And don't ANYONE tell me that they're "long dead". They are not! They're still alive and well!

Besides, no one would say that about Lynyrd Skynyrd!! Most of their original members DIED! And they disappeared for a long while, but they came back!! And they're still goin!! THIRTY YEARS ON!! And everyone STILL thinks they rock!

Sorry if I sound agitated...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #161 on: February 23, 2006, 12:15:01 AM »

Skynyrd Girl and all newbies.  Watch the below video and see why I miss them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2xn5q3ZYeo&search=Guns%20Roses%20Paradice%20City%20Freddie%20Mercury%20Tribute

They FOCKING ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bono
« Reply #162 on: February 23, 2006, 12:18:13 AM »

yeah I miss the old band. The old band was somthing special. This band is no doubt good but it's not the same. The old band needed each other and you don't get that feeling with the new band. You get the sense that everyone is expendable. The music is gonna be great but I think all of us miss the old band in  one way or another.  Would I take a reunio over Chinese democracy and a tour with the enw band? NO WAY! Save the reunion for when they're all in their 60's Grin
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #163 on: February 23, 2006, 12:24:14 AM »

Skynyrd Girl and all newbies.? Watch the below video and see why I miss them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2xn5q3ZYeo&search=Guns%20Roses%20Paradice%20City%20Freddie%20Mercury%20Tribute

Due to the lack of responses, I am assuming everyone is still watching the video and have not had a chance to respond to what they just wittnessed on their computer monitor.
Bono
« Reply #164 on: February 23, 2006, 12:34:21 AM »

Skynyrd Girl and all newbies.? Watch the below video and see why I miss them.

Due to the lack of responses, I am assuming everyone is still watching the video and have not had a chance to respond to what they just wittnessed on their computer monitor.

It was just as good right now as it was the day I watched it live on tv.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #165 on: February 23, 2006, 12:37:18 AM »

They have that thing that very, very few bands will ever have.  That intangible.  There were truly the very last dangerous and great band.

Bono
« Reply #166 on: February 23, 2006, 12:40:12 AM »

They have that thing that very, very few bands will ever have.? That intangible.? There were truly the very last dangerous and great band.

I agree they were the last great dangerous band but not the last great band. there's currently a band on tour who's breaking down the boundaries of what it means to be a band and what a band can be capable of if they stick together. But enough preachig outta me cause I hear exactly what you're saying.  peace
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #167 on: February 23, 2006, 01:22:04 AM »

I hope  the people that say the new gnr is greater than the old? watched that clip. Buckethead can do 2000 shows? and the sum of all his shows wouldn't come close? to the emotion that slash showed on that one clip.? ?As far as Axl goes? he died in 93.? ?The Axl we see now is an above average singer performer? nothing great.? ?One criticism about the guns of the 90's is the backup singers? that was something that was not needed.? I would love to send those girls on a hunting trip with Dick Cheney if you know what i mean.? ? ? ? ?Anyway? long live GNFNR( 87-93)? ?the last great? american badass rock band .? ?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 01:24:54 AM by SWINGTRADER » Logged
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #168 on: February 23, 2006, 01:58:08 AM »

Swingtrader, that is exactly the response I was hoping to create when I posted this link, which I keep putting in my response because this my friends is what a hard rock band should be.  It is incredible.  Glad you enjoyed it!

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #169 on: February 23, 2006, 02:13:48 AM »

I hope  the people that say the new gnr is greater than the old  watched that clip. Buckethead can do 2000 shows  and the sum of all his shows wouldn't come close  to the emotion that slash showed on that one clip.   As far as Axl goes  he died in 93.   The Axl we see now is an above average singer performer  nothing great.   One criticism about the guns of the 90's is the backup singers  that was something that was not needed.  I would love to send those girls on a hunting trip with Dick Cheney if you know what i mean.         Anyway  long live GNFNR( 87-93)   the last great  american badass rock band .   

I agree about BucketHead.  While the dude can REALLY play, the whole costume bit is kinda a joke.  If i want to laugh at my rock, I'll watch Spinal Tap.  If I want to rock, I'd like to do it with a guy without a bucket on his head and a hockey mask.  On the other hand, it does make BH unique, and thats something missing from bands/artists today.  You young gunners out there might not remember, but Slash was NOT what most lead guitarists looked like back in the late 80s.  In a sense, him and buckethead have a very similar image....big hats, and you can't really see their faces Wink 

I think this new band can rock though, maybe not as good as the AFD line up, but give them a chance.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #170 on: February 23, 2006, 04:46:55 PM »

yesterday I saw a video for "Its So Easy" I guess from Live era that had combined live footage of Orginal GnR w/ Izzy from various club shows from the AFD days...........made me  crying to think what we have now
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #171 on: February 23, 2006, 04:54:34 PM »

yesterday I saw a video for "Its So Easy" I guess from Live era that had combined live footage of Orginal GnR w/ Izzy from various club shows from the AFD days...........made me? crying to think what we have now

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger - We, as fans, have been blessed.  Most bands go through periods of time where they put out mediocre music just to make a buck.. I'd rather endure the wait and get albums with 16 tracks of bliss.  We played this game with the illusions (on a shorter scale of time) and we were greatly rewarded.  We've had a taste of things to come and there is a clear split among fans.  Some love, some hate, some think its OK.  Personally, the last thing Axl would do is embarrass himself by putting out shitty music.  The old was great and the new remains to be seen in their true colors.  We'll know soon (I hope).....

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #172 on: February 23, 2006, 04:58:47 PM »

I love listening to people apologize for Axl
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #173 on: February 23, 2006, 05:01:31 PM »

I love the new band more than any band currently going...

... but Guns N Roses is Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven. No one else. And, yes, I miss that band.
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #174 on: February 23, 2006, 05:57:58 PM »

Skynyrd Girl and all newbies.  Watch the below video and see why I miss them.

I see the point you're trying to make, but to me that performance wasn't the old lineup in their prime - far from it, actually. Izzy was gone, as were Axl's vocal chords, Tracy and Roberta were in (mainly to cover up Axl's voice), the band sounded quite lazy.

They were already jumping the shark here, which is something I do not miss.

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
ESOR LXA
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #175 on: February 23, 2006, 07:26:36 PM »

Well you had Slash and Axl together with the old group...either one of those is non replaceable. Axl is more nonreplaceable than Slash tho b/c of his voice. No one and I mean no one sounds like Axl Rose. Slash in nonreplaceable b/c of his stage presence. When you watch them play its hard b/c you want to look at both Axl and Slash. This duo is nonreplaceable. So yes i do miss the old group mainly b/c of slash...but im fine with the new group I think they are great and i've been waitin to see what Axl has up his sleeve.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #176 on: February 23, 2006, 07:28:05 PM »

Well you had Slash and Axl together with the old group...either one of those is non replaceable. Axl is more nonreplaceable than Slash tho b/c of his voice. No one and I mean no one sounds like Axl Rose. Slash in nonreplaceable b/c of his stage presence. When you watch them play its hard b/c you want to look at both Axl and Slash. This duo is nonreplaceable. So yes i do miss the old group mainly b/c of slash...but im fine with the new group I think they are great and i've been waitin to see what Axl has up his sleeve.

I feel teh same way, for me thosr two were franks n bean peanut butter n jelly, they wer ethe jagger richards the tyler perry the page plant etc.. They were the faces of gnr, and the most recongizable figures voted tops in their class..
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #177 on: February 23, 2006, 08:56:46 PM »

Mike, that made me want to cry....
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #178 on: February 23, 2006, 09:39:19 PM »

I either miss the old band or the other band the old guys are playing in
DOASHK