Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 05:30:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  I just don't miss the old band at all..Do you?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I just don't miss the old band at all..Do you?  (Read 26442 times)
shaun
« Reply #140 on: February 21, 2006, 02:59:57 PM »

No i don't miss the old band (they've moved on) and this thread is pointless  peace
asdorf
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #141 on: February 21, 2006, 03:11:08 PM »

Right now I don't miss the old band at all, but before the leaks started I always wanted them back..
Elrothiel
« Reply #142 on: February 21, 2006, 03:22:02 PM »

Thank you SG - now i can rest easy!! Anyhoo theres much better things to do with nuts than kick them young lady. But I shant go down that road......!!

hihi Yes I'll agree with that... yummy! But the nuts of haters are fun to kick... too bad I lost my leg in that attempt to restrain myself! rofl Ooh look it grew back! Grin
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #143 on: February 21, 2006, 07:16:17 PM »

I don't miss the old band, just their sound

as someone else said, they've all moved on

Aero
Not Axl
VIP

Not Axl

« Reply #144 on: February 21, 2006, 07:32:27 PM »

I just don't miss the old band at all..Do you?

I do. And to be honest, it's the only gnr band I know... newgnr performances has lots of changes... 2 shows with tobias, then comes fortus, then leaves bucket, now I don't know if there's a 3rd guitarrist !

I have no clue about that's the courrent lineup, I only got 3 good demos, Of course I fucking miss Slash doing SCOM solo ! ! !

Krispy Kreme
« Reply #145 on: February 22, 2006, 12:24:32 AM »

I miss the  old band  a lot.
Ask yourself: if the old and new band were coming to your town, who would you see ( I realize it a hypothetical situation, so just play along). In my mind, the answer  is clear.
Elrothiel
« Reply #146 on: February 22, 2006, 12:36:16 AM »

Both. I'd clone myself so I could go see both. ok
tat2d1
Opening Act

i don't give a fuck

« Reply #147 on: February 22, 2006, 12:40:23 AM »

i miss the old band. i like what i've heard from the new band, and they do a good job on the old songs, but nothing beats the original. i'll continue to support axl because i think he's a great musician and his voice is one of a kind.

Once there was this rock n roll band rollin' on the streets. Time went by and it became a joke. They just needed more and more fulfilling,uh huh. Time went by, it all went up in smoke.....
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #148 on: February 22, 2006, 12:41:33 AM »

I miss the? old band? a lot.
Ask yourself: if the old and new band were coming to your town, who would you see ( I realize it a hypothetical situation, so just play along). In my mind, the answer? is clear.
As much as I love the old band, I would have to choose the new one. I want to hear new material, not 20 year old songs.

SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #149 on: February 22, 2006, 01:23:47 AM »

Of course i miss the old band      The old band is the reason why we want Axl to succeed.  We want to relive in someway  what we had with the old band  .  We want some real rock back .  If tomorrow Axl rose announced that he was going to reunite with the old members  and we never got a chance to listen to CD  i would not mind at all ( Actually i would be jumping up and down ) .  This current GNR is probably going to be very good  and the new album is going to be solid  and that is great   but for any of us to say we don't miss the old band  is just not true.
Gunner17
Rocker

What we got here is...

« Reply #150 on: February 22, 2006, 01:32:39 AM »

Of course i miss the old band? ? ? The old band is the reason why we want Axl to succeed.? We want to relive in someway? what we had with the old band? .? We want some real rock back .? If tomorrow Axl rose announced that he was going to reunite with the old members? and we never got a chance to listen to CD? i would not mind at all ( Actually i would be jumping up and down ) .? This current GNR is probably going to be very good? and the new album is going to be solid? and that is great? ?but for any of us to say we don't miss the old band? is just not true.

I agree with you 100%.....I will never get to see Slash on top of a piano while Axl sings and plays November Rain, ever...And yes, I am sad that I will never see this...I miss the old line up, I miss the old Guns, and I wish that they would get back together...But hey, maybe CD will erase most of that?
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #151 on: February 22, 2006, 01:47:43 AM »

I miss the old band.  It's just not the same.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #152 on: February 22, 2006, 07:58:27 AM »

I'll always miss Guns N' Roses, but I'll support Axl's new band if the prove their worth.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
coolman78SLASH
VIP

You gotta have balls man-Tony Montana-Scarface

« Reply #153 on: February 22, 2006, 08:05:59 AM »

Everybody would love to have Guns N Roses like we used to (between 85-94), but since that is not possible we have Guns N Roses (without the GUNS) and Velvet Revolver (without the ROSES) , but still, two really cool and very talented bands, and that's not bad if we cant have the old line up if you ask me! Wish both bands all the luck, and Im fan of 'em both !!

GnR June 10th 1993
Slash’s Snakepit June 24th 1995
Velvet Revolver August 13th 2004
GnR June 28th 2006
Slash & friends  June 30th 2009
GnR June 15th 2022
GnR June 23. 2023
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #154 on: February 22, 2006, 08:22:58 AM »

Excellent words, I couldnt have said it better...

But Im still after a reunion and a reunion album...
Assman
Opening Act

Ass man, always ass.

« Reply #155 on: February 22, 2006, 08:31:30 AM »

Yes and no!

I would never in my life want a comeback with the old line-up. But they were a great band and it was exciting to see how big they were. BUT

I do not want any compromises! Axl should do what he set out to do when they went separate ways. He and the others will be great with what they do now, just as VR is a good band with a couple of great songs.

With a compromise there would only be questions about money and "just another comeback", attention, and so on.

By the way; I haven?t heard the newly leaked songs...
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #156 on: February 22, 2006, 08:35:08 AM »

about the leaked songs... I havent listened to them either... Although I'm not that interested...
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #157 on: February 22, 2006, 06:51:43 PM »

I miss the? old band? a lot.
Ask yourself: if the old and new band were coming to your town, who would you see ( I realize it a hypothetical situation, so just play along). In my mind, the answer? is clear.
As much as I love the old band, I would have to choose the new one. I want to hear new material, not 20 year old songs.

Apparantly you haven't seen the set lists from the 2002 tour rofl rofl rofl

If your gonna get a heavy dose of AFD and UYI, I'd much rather see the originals hihi

instead of a glorified cover band
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #158 on: February 22, 2006, 07:43:41 PM »

Right now I dont give a shit about any other band.

Prince has a new CD comin next month, RHCP's have a new cd but right now this is all I care about.

Im glad there is a new GNR and I cannot wait till they become the biggest band around which they will have no problem doing.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #159 on: February 22, 2006, 10:03:12 PM »

I'm actually looking forward to hearing the music on Libertad more than CD......

Not a slight at Axl, I like the leaks I've heard

just not as much as I liked Contraband

but as I've ben waiting for new GnR material since I bought the Illusion albums, i'll happily buy it
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: