Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:16:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  I just don't miss the old band at all..Do you?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I just don't miss the old band at all..Do you?  (Read 26493 times)
Origen
« Reply #120 on: February 20, 2006, 02:58:34 PM »

'Thank fuck Axl had the foresight to see that the band would split, so he could take the name in order to save Gn'R'

He had the foresight? Well as far as I see it, he was a control freak who listened to too much Nine Inch Nails and thought 'Oh no, theres a new sound out Id better try to copy it so we can still sell more records - quick wheres the drum machine'

I told you I was tired... rofl

But now I'm afraid I'm going to have to kick you square in the nutz for that insult. *kicks nuts* AXL IS NOT A CONTROL FREAK! ... He'z a perfectionist. ok

Is that what we are calling control freaks now. . . "perfectionist" Axl has mental problems fact, take it or leave it, that what makes him such a great artist/asshole.

And don't both with one of your stupid "I'll kick you in the nutz" responces because I ignore them parts anyway.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #121 on: February 20, 2006, 02:58:58 PM »

VR's album was good, they almost had 2 top 40 hits...

Slither and FTP both almost hit the top 40 on the charts, which is very good for any rock act... the new songs are fresh sounding and aside from There Was A Time, they are simple and don't compare to SLither, FTP, Loving the ALien (which should of been a single) or YGNR.

Will Gn'R hit the top 40 with a single who knows? THe point is that... Contraband was and still is better then what we think, when CD sells more then 2.0 million in the U.S. in 1.6 months... then I'll shut up. Sells matter... believe it.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Elrothiel
« Reply #122 on: February 20, 2006, 03:41:40 PM »

Screw you Origen! Axl is not an asshole in any way!!

And don't tell me what to do. I'll BOTHER (remember to spell it right!) to kick you in the nuts if I want to. ok
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #123 on: February 20, 2006, 04:41:39 PM »

'Thank fuck Axl had the foresight to see that the band would split, so he could take the name in order to save Gn'R'

He had the foresight? Well as far as I see it, he was a control freak who listened to too much Nine Inch Nails and thought 'Oh no, theres a new sound out Id better try to copy it so we can still sell more records - quick wheres the drum machine'

But now I'm afraid I'm going to have to kick you square in the nutz for that insult. *kicks nuts* AXL IS NOT A CONTROL FREAK! ... He'z a perfectionist. ok

Is that what we are calling control freaks now. . . "perfectionist" Axl has mental problems fact, take it or leave it, that what makes him such a great artist/asshole.

And don't both with one of your stupid "I'll kick you in the nutz" responces because I ignore them parts anyway.

That a girl,* kicks the nuts and he pats her on the back*my kind of girl ok

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #124 on: February 20, 2006, 04:49:22 PM »

velvet revolver can suck my fat dick  yes

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #125 on: February 20, 2006, 04:50:12 PM »

velvet revolver can suck my fat dick? yes

so original..  Why with the insults, is one uncapable of liking two albums or bands// Roll Eyes
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #126 on: February 20, 2006, 04:53:05 PM »

Axl could have two bands with ease, that would be so cool Cool

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
SADIS
« Reply #127 on: February 20, 2006, 05:00:36 PM »

And don't tell me what to do. I'll BOTHER (remember to spell it right!) to kick you in the nuts if I want to. ok

Wow, someone so bright must have a very good future ahead of herself...... because we all know that violence is the solution to everything....

directionality
Headliner

« Reply #128 on: February 20, 2006, 05:08:34 PM »

Excuse me for jumping in...

Everyone has "mental problems," regardless of what anyone says. It's only a matter of having one or more of these problems diagnosed. In my opinion, what makes Axl a great artist/musician is his sense of melody and timing. What makes Axl an asshole is arguable -- "holding back songs from the fans," "breaking up the band," et cetera. Whether he is a perfectionist is arguable as well; he's a perfectionist if he spent many waking moments (and years) milling over his songs. Unless one of us was there, it's impossible to know what kind of pacing he had.

Pertaining to being a "control freak," I don't think anyone has to go much further than stating what had happened: Axl told the rest of the band to sign over their rights in the band (or something to that effect) otherwise he would not take the stage. To me, it sounds like an act of selfishness to the power of ridiculousness. I'm not sure if the aforementioned was a product of "foresight," but I will rule it out in relation to this argument. And unless there's something that I'm forgetting, that's where my opinion rests on that matter.

Also: Is there really anything wrong with copying "new sounds"? I'm not looking for an argument; I'm just curious to read your opinion. On that note, is there anything wrong with copying "old sounds"?
Elrothiel
« Reply #129 on: February 20, 2006, 05:36:08 PM »

That a girl,* kicks the nuts and he pats her on the back*my kind of girl ok

Thankyou Luigi! Grin

Wow, someone so bright must have a very good future ahead of herself...... because we all know that violence is the solution to everything....

I didn't say that, and I don't believe that. BUT, in my books, anyone who insults Axl/Gn'R deserves a good hard kick in the nuts with a steel capped boot. I actually DID it last year, and I don't regret it! ok

NUT KICKINGS TO ALL THE HATERS!!! ok
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #130 on: February 20, 2006, 05:42:42 PM »

... with everything thats happened over the past week, Velvet Revolver seem about as insignificant as an ant turd. No offence.

VR are (were?) ok, but they don't have a tune that can hold a candle to TWAT. And thats just at demo stage...
Elrothiel
« Reply #131 on: February 20, 2006, 05:49:42 PM »

Ant turd!! rofl I love that!! I am so gunna start using that.... hihi

As for the rest of your post... I 100% agree! I never liked VR and I always thought they sucked, but now I've heard There Was A Time... VR is just like a marriage which never worked in the first place, and now the honeymoon is over, they're literally "Falling to Pieces" rofl in the shadow of the formidable music machine that is Guns N' Roses... ok
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #132 on: February 20, 2006, 05:58:04 PM »

Skynyrd Girl, I think it is cool that you like Lynyrd Skynyrd who had one of the greatest triple guitar threats of all time, but you don't know what the hell you are talking about.  But you are amusing. 
Elrothiel
« Reply #133 on: February 20, 2006, 06:59:47 PM »

Yes I do like Lynyrd Skynyrd (how did you guess!!! Shocked ), and they did have a FUCKIN' awesome trio of guitarists, and they range way high up in my list of Best Guitarists.

But. I DO know what I'm talking about. Just because I happen to like humor, and I enjoy spouting my opinion and using metaphors does NOT mean I don't know what I'm on about.

But thankyou for your last comment... I enjoy being amusing. It takes away from all the bloody de-humorousified shit in the world that desperately needs to just quit being so serious...

Eg: religion.
Eg: terrorists.
Eg: politicians.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #134 on: February 21, 2006, 12:15:43 AM »

I miss the old band each and every day. They were the greatest. How can they not be missed?
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #135 on: February 21, 2006, 02:19:54 PM »

Skynryd Girl you rule, but please dont kick me in the nuts for saying Axl is a control freak! Anyone who says to his bandmates and friends 'sign over the name GNR to me of Im not going on stage' is either a) a petulant child of about 6 years old. OR b) a control freak.

Still, I bet he regrets doing that every day of the last 10 years or whatever....

Good work on the Skynryd by the way - love em.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
clarkwork0
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #136 on: February 21, 2006, 02:24:22 PM »

Hell yes I miss the old band.  It would be the greatest day ever if the were to get back together. 
Elrothiel
« Reply #137 on: February 21, 2006, 02:37:25 PM »

Skynryd Girl you rule, but please dont kick me in the nuts for saying Axl is a control freak! Anyone who says to his bandmates and friends 'sign over the name GNR to me of Im not going on stage' is either a) a petulant child of about 6 years old. OR b) a control freak.

Still, I bet he regrets doing that every day of the last 10 years or whatever....

Good work on the Skynryd by the way - love em.

Alright, as you asked so nicely... hihi I'll just turn a blind eye... but just this once! Still... I'm tempted... nuts are so fun and satisfying to kick! hihi But no!! Must.... resist.... kicking... nuts! *leg falls off*

And yea... Lynyrd Skynyrd fuckin' kick ass!! beer
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #138 on: February 21, 2006, 02:42:37 PM »

Thank you SG - now i can rest easy!! Anyhoo theres much better things to do with nuts than kick them young lady. But I shant go down that road......!!

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #139 on: February 21, 2006, 02:57:48 PM »

Do you miss the old band or not??

I will always miss the old band. I support the new band, but I can't deny I will love if someday, they reunite.

//JK
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: