Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 05:31:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  I just don't miss the old band at all..Do you?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I just don't miss the old band at all..Do you?  (Read 26448 times)
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #100 on: February 19, 2006, 05:55:38 PM »

nice, but good music will always remain good music. Girls get older, rimples and shit.

If you think my post was about the quality of the music than you completely misinterpreted the point I was trying to make. Read this thread. People are saying they no longer miss the old band but that does not mean they no longer like the old material.

You don't have to point me out to read the thread cause I did. You clearly misinterpretend the point I was trying to make. And I do got your point, but you missed mine a bit. Did I say that I assume that they no longer like the old material? No, good music (from the old band) is still good music isn't it? People would get bored no matter what line-up. But good songs will remain good songs themselves, stand alone. No matter what line-up 'a' particular song is created by.

My comment about girls was tongue and cheek by the way  Tongue

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Dragoon77
Opening Act

Here Yesterday...

« Reply #101 on: February 19, 2006, 06:08:32 PM »

I do miss them, why not? i'm in this forum because i love what the old band did, that's why the band is known, that's the music i wanted to hear

that's why i think this way

come on come in>=better>twat>irs

its just my taste, but some people seems to think that these demos are the greatest thing in the world
badapple81
« Reply #102 on: February 19, 2006, 06:09:52 PM »

No. Give VR over 10 years to release a album and over $15 Million dollars to spend, until then you can't compare them.
lol...pathetic....I thought VR had "chemistry"...isnt that the key to a bands greatness? All I heard when Vr came out was how everything worked and it was a "real band" because they played with each others kids and drank together.....u can throw th emoney and yrs thing out there all u want...

Its very simple....

VR chose to whip up a band and make an album quickly so they can go out theri and jam..FIne no problem. In doing so they made an average album.? good album but does nothing to me. personally. maybe for u cool. but for me its boring.

Axl has decided that the music scene is not what it used to be, he made his millions, has his place in history and decided to create the best possible album he can give. In doing so he sacrificed the spotlight, public apporoval, "coolness" and everything else to create the best music he can make with his band.

2 choices....2 different sounds of music. You can like 1, you can liek both, you can like none. Doesnt really matter.

The difference is I dont go on VRs board, or any bands board and whine and complain that their music isnt what I expected or it sux. I choose not to go to those boards and waste my time.

What matters is Im happy, most of the people who spent many days and nights on these boards arguing with the the haters are EXTREMELY HAPPY, EXCITED, PROUD and thankful that the band sounds the way it is on these new songs. Case Closed. And thats what counts. I dont care what u say, a dj in la says, what matt sorum says, or any1 else. I just care about myself and the peopel here who believed and supported.....

as ive said since the first day ive been here....the music will do the talking

if u want dust n bones, bad obsession and nightrain go somewhere else. ?I dont care if Slash was still in the band any new gnr album after the illusions was gonna move on....old band or not....this is gnr of today...take it or leave it

Who are VR?  Huh    Tongue
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #103 on: February 19, 2006, 06:57:43 PM »

Just VR is the better band right now, no point in disagreeing

... VR have nothing to touch TWAT, IRS or Madagascar.

Or The Blues and Better in my opinion.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #104 on: February 19, 2006, 07:06:27 PM »

I don't miss them together like I once did in the fact they ended like when sftd happened or before really so it's been forever since they were all together.... I don't miss slash duff or say matt because they have always been active in the music after guns or during so I was always around them so to speak.. What I do miss is the type of music they all made as one.. I missed axl the most because I was never able to see the man for more then a few times every so often..? Of course I miss the old guys more then the new because I always knew the old guys, everything gnr did they were there...

I don't expect nor really look for a reunion... I will always treasure the time the old guys gave to the band,, Afd started something amazing and drew in millions of fans... They started it all for us and gave us some great years of shows vids singles interviews pics etc... Now it's up to these new guys to carry the great name and make their own mark..

But no few demos will ever make me stop loving the old band no matter how good the music is.. There's only one afd, one lies two illuisons... memorable riffs, solos, vocals, lyrics, etc all that can never be forgotten,,,,

I personally will ener be the same with the new because I'm older, the music you hear in middle n high school is what fuels you and is part of your life.. When you get around thirty with a family you aren't going to fall head over heals again in love with revivals or new groups.. I'm rambling.... Lips Sealed

LOL....yeah but what you ramble I agree 100% with beer
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 07:18:47 PM by DoubleTalkingJive » Logged

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #105 on: February 19, 2006, 07:11:20 PM »

The old band are legends in their own right and could NEVER be forgotten... they will and should go down in the anals of rock history with the Rolling Stones and Led Zepelin, etc. I think Axl would even agree with that at this point...

What is true though is that the continued participation of Slash, Duff and Matt would NEVER have resulted in a song like Better... and in that regard, I'm very grateful to the new band for helping Axl express his vision. I have not forgotten the old guys though- and I stand by ready to support VR and any other projects they produce... I think that pretty much sums it up for most of us... ?hopefully a lot of this VR v. nu-GN'R shite will die down and GN'R fans will rally around both bands once CD drops. It would be pretty damn cool if the two best bands in the world would be assembled from old GN'R alumni....

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
netrix
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #106 on: February 19, 2006, 07:17:31 PM »

Guns N' Roses is dead.

But I absolutely love axl's new band project. From what I have heard so far, I may love the new band better.

We will see!
netrix
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #107 on: February 19, 2006, 07:22:24 PM »

I meant to say the old GNR is dead.

But the new GNR is live and well with the leaks of the new songs.

New GNR starts now!
Axl_GNR
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #108 on: February 19, 2006, 09:45:20 PM »

Nope, I don't miss them. They left Guns N' Roses. Too fuckin bad for them. When the album does come out they will be blown away just like anyone else.

And let's not start the same old "should have Axl ketp the name?" etc., it's getting boring.
I agree with you on this 100%.  Slash, Duff, and Izzy all chose to leave the band, they didn't have as much faith or love for GNR as Axl did.  Axl has always been the heart and soul of Guns N' Roses and shouldn't be cheated out of the band name because members left.  He is the songwriter, singer, and visionist behind the great videos.  He's always been the hardest worker, especially in the studio, while the rest of the original members were out doing drugs and getting drunk.  Axl is Guns N' Roses as far as I'm concerned, just like Kurt was Nirvana and Trent is NIN.

tomass74
Legend

« Reply #109 on: February 19, 2006, 10:09:54 PM »

Jesus christ. Roll Eyes If 2 demos and a third of a demo can make you forget about 'old' GNR, then you were never much of a fan in the first place.

ok

W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #110 on: February 19, 2006, 10:28:42 PM »

its impossible not to miss slash.........
WhosGilby?
Rocker

Now we all know better!

« Reply #111 on: February 19, 2006, 10:36:25 PM »

I always mis the old band, Velvet Rvolver and the current version of Guns is  good and Im enjoying the new music but its nothing compared to the real Guns N Roses

So bitersweet this tragedy Won't ask for absolution
This melody, inside of me Still searches for solution
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #112 on: February 20, 2006, 01:09:43 AM »

I'm in two mindsets about this.

The original GN'R was one of THE greatest rock n' roll bands ever.
Thinking back to them reminds of me great times driving around in summer blasting loud, f**k-you, rock n' roll. And the entire band was filled with rock stars. Every member was important to the line-up and I idolized all of them. Slash was the reason I picked up a guitar myself, and Axl's lyrics set them apart from every other rock band in their day.

The new GN'R is more like Axl's solo project, so I see it as a deeper, more emotional, melancholy piece of work. And the band don't really stand out apart from Axl. That's not to say the music won't be great, I have no doubt that it will be, but it'll just be different than GN'R of old. The new band don't seem like rock stars (apart from Axl), they're just a bizarre looking bunch following Axl's unique vision. And this isn't a dig at nuGN'R, it's just what I see and hear.

Having said all that, I do miss the old band, but I look forward to what nuGN'R brings with CD.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
directionality
Headliner

« Reply #113 on: February 20, 2006, 01:13:19 AM »

I miss the AFD and UYI-era lineups to the extent of being disappointed that I couldn't see them perform. I, however, am not going to brood on this any further because I'm excited to be looking toward the future. Along with a number of others, I too will say that if I want to hear the "old band," I'll take that trip down memory lane by listening to the cds that I own.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #114 on: February 20, 2006, 01:21:16 AM »

Where's my blues drivin' guitar riffs.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 01:23:03 AM by BLS-Pride » Logged

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Elrothiel
« Reply #115 on: February 20, 2006, 01:25:08 AM »

As much as I ADORE this new Gn'R ... I can't help but miss the old band...

The old band were a family of best friends... brothers almost, who loved each other, worked so well together... even the NAME of the band was perfect!! There is NO other band with such a fucking awesome name!!

The split should never have happened!! NEVER!! crying Its not right!!

Thank fuck Axl had the foresight to see that the band would split, so he could take the name in order to save Gn'R.

I don't think anyone realises how depressing that must have been... to KNOW that it wasn't gunna last much longer... to HAVE to do that in order to prolong the life of the dying leviathan that was Guns N' Roses...

VR? VR are pussies, and they couldn't release a better album than AFD, Lies, or UYI1+UYI2, or even TSI.

Harsh, but true.

And if this whole post doesn't make sense, I'm incredibly tired... once again I find myself awake at 05:53AM... *takes a giant yawn*

Must be off now.... I don't think I made one bit of blind sense, so I must sleep now and recharge my batteries.

Night all!!
Sleep well!
xxxxx

PS: Damn my time taking distractions... metallex78 said basically everything I wanted to say... >.<
McDuff
« Reply #116 on: February 20, 2006, 01:52:16 AM »

I do miss the old band ofcourse because I first bought AFD back in '87 and back then was some of the best times of my life,but that doesn't mean I don't like the newer band,I really think that they're awesome.Sure it is hard for some of the old skool GN'R fans to accept the new guys,but it's their choice,and I choose to accept them,well that's all I've got to say one this subject peace
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #117 on: February 20, 2006, 05:02:16 AM »

'Thank fuck Axl had the foresight to see that the band would split, so he could take the name in order to save Gn'R'

He had the foresight? Well as far as I see it, he was a control freak who listened to too much Nine Inch Nails and thought 'Oh no, theres a new sound out Id better try to copy it so we can still sell more records - quick wheres the drum machine'

The other guys didnt want to do that and bailed cos he was such an egomaniac. I dont see ACDC or anyone updating their sound because theyre afraid of current trends. Thats whats makes them relevant today - because they dont compromise their sound to fit in with whatever trend is happening at that point in time.

We all know that the original band was a sum of all its parts - these newbies are just 'beggars and hangers on'

The old GNR couldve consistently put out new albums of awesome music every 3 years and theyd rightly be considered to be up there with Zeppellin etc. Because of Axl theyve lost too much time and relevance to the world today.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #118 on: February 20, 2006, 05:07:01 AM »

locomotive be carefull of the ac/dc reference, you know they didn't want to evolve like axl did.. hihi
Elrothiel
« Reply #119 on: February 20, 2006, 02:54:22 PM »

'Thank fuck Axl had the foresight to see that the band would split, so he could take the name in order to save Gn'R'

He had the foresight? Well as far as I see it, he was a control freak who listened to too much Nine Inch Nails and thought 'Oh no, theres a new sound out Id better try to copy it so we can still sell more records - quick wheres the drum machine'

I told you I was tired... rofl

But now I'm afraid I'm going to have to kick you square in the nutz for that insult. *kicks nuts* AXL IS NOT A CONTROL FREAK! ... He'z a perfectionist. ok
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: