Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:20:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  I just don't miss the old band at all..Do you?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I just don't miss the old band at all..Do you?  (Read 26513 times)
Origen
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2006, 03:58:36 PM »

just compare VR to this new GNR and you see what i mean.

No. Give VR over 10 years to release a album and over $15 Million dollars to spend, until then you can't compare them.

are just doing the same old whiskey rock they've always done (which is severly dated now).

Give me old whiskey anyday.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2006, 04:01:21 PM »

VR have done so much more then Gn'R have in 3 years then Gn'R has in 7 years...

Just VR is the better band right now, no point in disagreeing

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2006, 04:06:57 PM »

yea but VRs music is boring and can in no way be compared to thius new GNR we've heard

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
BOILER GUNZ
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2006, 04:09:18 PM »

Personally, I will always miss the original line-up but
that's just me. ?I grew up listening to those guys and
they rocked from day one. Cry

Izzy basically taught me how to play guitar.

The new band is a different direction and I'm glad Axl hasn't tried to
remake AFD, Lies, or UYI-I&II. ?The new band is the right make and model
for right audience at the right time...jmo ?yes

BGZ Cool
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2006, 04:09:27 PM »

No. Give VR over 10 years to release a album and over $15 Million dollars to spend, until then you can't compare them.
lol...pathetic....I thought VR had "chemistry"...isnt that the key to a bands greatness? All I heard when Vr came out was how everything worked and it was a "real band" because they played with each others kids and drank together.....u can throw th emoney and yrs thing out there all u want...

Its very simple....

VR chose to whip up a band and make an album quickly so they can go out theri and jam..FIne no problem. In doing so they made an average album.  good album but does nothing to me. personally. maybe for u cool. but for me its boring.

Axl has decided that the music scene is not what it used to be, he made his millions, has his place in history and decided to create the best possible album he can give. In doing so he sacrificed the spotlight, public apporoval, "coolness" and everything else to create the best music he can make with his band.

2 choices....2 different sounds of music. You can like 1, you can liek both, you can like none. Doesnt really matter.

The difference is I dont go on VRs board, or any bands board and whine and complain that their music isnt what I expected or it sux. I choose not to go to those boards and waste my time.

What matters is Im happy, most of the people who spent many days and nights on these boards arguing with the the haters are EXTREMELY HAPPY, EXCITED, PROUD and thankful that the band sounds the way it is on these new songs. Case Closed. And thats what counts. I dont care what u say, a dj in la says, what matt sorum says, or any1 else. I just care about myself and the peopel here who believed and supported.....

as ive said since the first day ive been here....the music will do the talking

if u want dust n bones, bad obsession and nightrain go somewhere else. ?I dont care if Slash was still in the band any new gnr album after the illusions was gonna move on....old band or not....this is gnr of today...take it or leave it
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 04:14:26 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #85 on: February 19, 2006, 04:12:49 PM »

... VR have nothing to touch TWAT, IRS or Madagascar.

BOILER GUNZ
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2006, 04:16:31 PM »

First of all let me say "I love Slash and Duff".
And Scott is a rock legend in his own right (STP).

I liked VR's first single a lot and the second was
okay.  Beyound that it didn't do a whole lot for me
but I gave a chance none the less.

BGZ  Cool
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2006, 04:16:42 PM »

... VR have nothing to touch TWAT, IRS or Madagascar.

I think the same, altho I do like Contraband.

But the songs on CD will be soooooo versatile and interesting. There's lots going on. Axl using different singing styles. Drumbeats combined with normal drumming. Strange yet interesting intro's, orchestration. Different styles of guitar playing. It's all in the game. Can't wait for CD to be announced and released.

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Eric
« Reply #88 on: February 19, 2006, 04:35:34 PM »

I love all the current and former members-I love Velvet Revolver, but as the years go by I also like the new members-I loved Tommy Stinson's solo CD-that kind of helped me indentify with him-also seeing him in concert-he seems like a really nice guy-he just kind of mingles with the crowd at the bar!!-for some reason I thought that was awsome-he seemed very easy to talk to.
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2006, 04:41:10 PM »

No I don't miss the old band at all. They all quit by themselves, except for Steven ( who sadly is a crackhead) because they don't like Guns N Roses music. Here on the messageboard everything is ok I think. Wether we disagree or not we?re informed on the situation with old and new members. Outside of here it?s getting REALLY tiresome to explain that no Slash is not in the band and no they didn't break up etc.

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #90 on: February 19, 2006, 04:44:02 PM »

lol...pathetic....I thought VR had "chemistry"...isnt that the key to a bands greatness? All I heard when Vr came out was how everything worked and it was a "real band" because they played with each others kids and drank together.....u can throw th emoney and yrs thing out there all u want...

Its very simple....

VR chose to whip up a band and make an album quickly so they can go out theri and jam..FIne no problem. In doing so they made an average album.  good album but does nothing to me. personally. maybe for u cool. but for me its boring.

Axl has decided that the music scene is not what it used to be, he made his millions, has his place in history and decided to create the best possible album he can give. In doing so he sacrificed the spotlight, public apporoval, "coolness" and everything else to create the best music he can make with his band.

2 choices....2 different sounds of music. You can like 1, you can liek both, you can like none. Doesnt really matter.

The difference is I dont go on VRs board, or any bands board and whine and complain that their music isnt what I expected or it sux. I choose not to go to those boards and waste my time.

What matters is Im happy, most of the people who spent many days and nights on these boards arguing with the the haters are EXTREMELY HAPPY, EXCITED, PROUD and thankful that the band sounds the way it is on these new songs. Case Closed. And thats what counts. I dont care what u say, a dj in la says, what matt sorum says, or any1 else. I just care about myself and the peopel here who believed and supported.....

as ive said since the first day ive been here....the music will do the talking

if u want dust n bones, bad obsession and nightrain go somewhere else.  I dont care if Slash was still in the band any new gnr album after the illusions was gonna move on....old band or not....this is gnr of today...take it or leave it

amazing post youggunner ok  i couldn`t agree more.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #91 on: February 19, 2006, 04:52:41 PM »

No
kaddisonmoore
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2006, 05:07:25 PM »

i miss them but i like these guys too, too bad buckethead left  i dont like him but hes a good player

the hardest part this troubled heart has ever yet been through now...
http://www.invisionplus.net/forums/index.php?mforum=icecream&act=idx
Greatest Fucking Forum Ever Made By Myself and a friend
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #93 on: February 19, 2006, 05:17:41 PM »

about the idea that this isnt guns n roses, the farthest i care to get bogged down into the debate is to say that:

axl rose is the one irreplacable member of guns.
but there is only one lineup which encapsulated everything right (and wrong, but in the best sense of the word) about the band, and that was the original.

and one other thing: matt sorum isnt a gunner. hes a prat. steven may be a looper, but he played on appetite and civil war. fuck you sorum, you cunt.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #94 on: February 19, 2006, 05:19:21 PM »

Yg I am quite happy with what vr did.. A hell of a lot more people give their honest opinions about the new guns tunes and give constructive pointers instead of the nasty bashing that happens with vr,.. ?People are flying off the handle when one doesn't agree with liking every new gnr tune...

The fucked thing is the same people that hated a vr tune because it was catchy or radio friendly were saying they played it safe or they are trying to be mainstream or they didn't evolve or something like that, but the same people are now saying the same things about Better (which I like) but it's because of axl genius that it will be popular and a hit.. ?You don't hear the same things said for both.. Or you don't hear irs is very repetative and the lyrics aren't amazing, but ftps gets the opposite.

Now I am not comparing bands at all because I am happy with both.. Just saying the same opinions change for each band when it suits someone fot their needs
BabyGorilla
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #95 on: February 19, 2006, 05:26:20 PM »

There is a natural tendency to be drawn to things that aren't obtainable. Because we have all experienced the old Guns N' Roses, we no longer crave for them. Because Axl is such an enigmatic figure and the Chinese Democracy project is so secretive, we want more because we never get anything. We scramble when there is a picture of Axl hanging out at a club because he is so rarely seen. I'll use this analogy of a women in a bar: A super model walks into a bar. Two middle-aged men are sitting at the table having a drink and watching a game. The girl catches the attention of one of the two men. The one man turns to his friend and says: "Man, check that out. If only I were Brad Pitt I would have a chance with her" On the other hand, his friend doesn't even bother to take his eyes off of the game. The man says to his unphased friend: "Bro, why aren't you checking her out?" To which the friend says "somewhere, some guy is tired of banging her." I feel once this ball gets rolling and we get an over saturation of nu-GNR material (album, interviews, pictures, videos, t-shirts, bootlegs, award shows) that there will be a dramatic change of heart amongst the fans and many people will long for a GNR reunion. We often want what we can't have and when we have it, we want something else.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 05:28:21 PM by BabyGorilla » Logged
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #96 on: February 19, 2006, 05:28:55 PM »

so true BG, we just hunger for what we can not have.. Axl's recluse life and his mistery is a huge reason for his following and our craving his music then really going ape over something as simple as a few words, pics or song..
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #97 on: February 19, 2006, 05:29:57 PM »

There is a natural tendency to be drawn to things that aren't obtainable. Because we have all experienced the old Guns N' Roses, we no longer crave for them. Because Axl is such an enigmatic figure and the Chinese Democracy project is so secretive, we want more because we never get anything. We scramble when there is a picture of Axl hanging out at a club because he is so rarely seen. I'll use this analogy of a women in a bar: A super model walks into a bar. Two middle-aged men are sitting at the table having a drink and watching a game. The girl catches the attention of one of the two men. The one man turns to his friend and says: "Man, check that out. If only I were Brad Pitt I would have a chance with her" On the other hand, his friend doesn't even bother to take his eyes off of the game. The man says to his unphased friend: "Bro, why aren't you checking her out?" To which the friend says "somewhere, some guy is tired of banging her." I feel once this ball gets rolling and we get an over saturation of nu-GNR material (album, interviews, pictures, videos, t-shirts, bootlegs, award shows) and there will be a dramatic change of heart amongst the fans and many people will long for a GNR reunion. We often want what we can't have and when we have it, we want something else.

nice, but good music will always remain good music. Girls get older, rimples and shit.  hihi

« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 05:32:48 PM by Dont Try Me » Logged

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #98 on: February 19, 2006, 05:46:59 PM »

I don't miss the old GNR. This is the new shit, and I am digging it. I am happy GNR has evolved.

This is a GNR Revolution. I am right the fuck onboard.

This is innovative material we are hearing. This shit owns. If it took the old guys leaving and being replaced for Axl to be able to drop this kind of music on us...then it was clearly the right decision.

How many of you were fans when GNR opened for the Stones? I was at the L.A. gig. I love GNR through and through. But if I had to make a choice for this moment in time...I choose this version of GNR and this music. Without hesitation. Axl is a fucking badass...still. You downers really to need to shut you holes and respect that.

Guns N' Roses is back.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
BabyGorilla
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: February 19, 2006, 05:50:19 PM »

nice, but good music will always remain good music. Girls get older, rimples and shit.

If you think my post was about the quality of the music than you completely misinterpreted the point I was trying to make. Read this thread. People are saying they no longer miss the old band but that does not mean they no longer like the old material.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: