Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:22:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  I just don't miss the old band at all..Do you?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I just don't miss the old band at all..Do you?  (Read 26522 times)
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2006, 02:25:31 PM »

these are 2 completely different bands

I love Axl and anything he'll do, but do I miss the old band? Damn straight I do

The greatest rock n' roll band the worlds ever seen in their golden years

DO the demos show some promise? Certainly do

Do they make me forget some of the most timeless songs/performances of all time?

Thats absurd

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2006, 02:33:51 PM »

There are those on here that say that the 'new guys' play the old songs better than the real gunners. As for as that goes I cannot say because i have not heard much of the new band playing old stuff.

Technical proficiency outta the way though -  if theyre so great, why need 3 guitarists when Slash and Izzy could do it perfectly well by themselves?

Slash etc will always have far more charisma, aura and presence than any of these hired hands.

Plus, did these 'new guys' actually write and of the old songs? I rest my case!!

As for Dizzy Reed, whats the point of that guy?!

It would rule to have the old guys back -  Axl shouldnt put a cd out under the GNR name without those guys.

Dont get me wrong tho - I'll buy it!!

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2006, 02:35:50 PM »

Ford brought back the classic look of the Mustang with updated newly designed features motor, interior, etc. Axl brought back Guns N Roses with his classic voice and a newly designed band. I think his done a great job. Way to go Axl ok

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Mr. Oral Sex
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2006, 02:44:24 PM »

Strange to see fans start to tear eachother apart with so much promise for Chinese Democracy on the horizon...

Id think everyone would just anticipate, let the excitement fill them... and let the fighting ensue when opinions of the new albums cause the conflict... not the opinions about the OLD (non-existent) band.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2006, 02:49:35 PM »

I really don't miss the old band either, they had a short and sad career (86-96) but it is better witht his new lineup, and we don't even have a album.

2006 is the year. It just is. I thought this in 2004 strongly but this is for real.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
Timmy
Rocker

« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2006, 02:51:37 PM »

it's not that I don't miss them because I do, but I am more concerned about this new record and what they new guns can do...

T.T.
?.?.
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2006, 02:54:34 PM »

Its not a case of fans tearing each other apart over old and new. Why cant this album etc be seen for what it really is - The Axl Rose Project with some session musicians. Albeit the band are technically good and the songs (except Better) are good too.

Slash is to Guns what Keith Richards is to the Stones or Angus Young to ACDC. Would it be right for those bands to carry on without their main parts? Hes more than a guitar player - hes an icon.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2006, 02:57:21 PM »

Slash is an Icon who I felt was held back with his playing on Contraband.

That guy could make a solo album with just guitar riffs and solos...

SLASH is one of the best guitarists to ever live. I think he should be top 5 in any list involving guitar.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2006, 03:08:34 PM »

I didn't miss them when I say Guns in 2002,and I still don't.
I really dig what they have done,and what they continue to do in VR,but I don't miss them not being in Guns.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2006, 03:17:15 PM »

I don't miss them together like I once did in the fact they ended like when sftd happened or before really so it's been forever since they were all together.... I don't miss slash duff or say matt because they have always been active in the music after guns or during so I was always around them so to speak.. What I do miss is the type of music they all made as one.. I missed axl the most because I was never able to see the man for more then a few times every so often..  Of course I miss the old guys more then the new because I always knew the old guys, everything gnr did they were there...

I don't expect nor really look for a reunion... I will always treasure the time the old guys gave to the band,, Afd started something amazing and drew in millions of fans... They started it all for us and gave us some great years of shows vids singles interviews pics etc... Now it's up to these new guys to carry the great name and make their own mark..

But no few demos will ever make me stop loving the old band no matter how good the music is.. There's only one afd, one lies two illuisons... memorable riffs, solos, vocals, lyrics, etc all that can never be forgotten,,,,

I personally will ener be the same with the new because I'm older, the music you hear in middle n high school is what fuels you and is part of your life.. When you get around thirty with a family you aren't going to fall head over heals again in love with revivals or new groups.. I'm rambling.... Lips Sealed
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2006, 03:20:22 PM »

I have a healthy respect for the new incarnation of GNR, but I do miss the old GNR more.  There was just too much chemistry with the old group.

ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2006, 03:23:51 PM »

ever since i seen this era from bootlegs they have been my fav. band, just watchin' these guys play together was enough  for me to know that!!! beer beer beer

Old GNR left us n' i have all there stuff but thats the past, Axl didnt wanna quit n' i love the bastard forever for not givin' up on my fav. band of all time!!!

THIS IS GUNS N' fuckin' ROSES!!!

CHI-DEM era FOREVER!!

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
brownstonemr
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2006, 03:27:52 PM »

I just hope that Chinese Democracy makes VR strive to come out with the best 2nd album they possibly can.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 03:31:16 PM by brownstonemr » Logged
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2006, 03:28:55 PM »

For me Guns N`Roses always will be Axl. Without him is just VR or watever they call...I`m fan since `88.

like gnr wasn't a guitar rock band.. Shame axl rose fans say they are gnr fans Cry

god you are fucking stupid mike.  the fans are enjoying the new music, obviously they are going to.  The old band broke up a long long long long long time ago.  get with the times.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2006, 03:30:36 PM »

Slash is an Icon who I felt was held back with his playing on Contraband.

That guy could make a solo album with just guitar riffs and solos...

SLASH is one of the best guitarists to ever live. I think he should be top 5 in any list involving guitar.

I totally agree, but why was he held back?  Isn't he more or less the "leader" of VR?Huh  I feel like Slither is the only tune where you really get to "see" Slash.  I never got that with CB.  Probably a big reason why it was such a disappointment to me.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2006, 03:31:28 PM »

The old band had more charisma.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2006, 03:32:46 PM »

Slash would be in his element on a song like TWAT.

Seeing Slash rip into a huge solo at the end of that tune would be awesome.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2006, 03:37:15 PM »

I was thinking this all the time while hearing the last 2 minutes of TWAT.

As GNROSAS said, I love the old band, I also love Slash, but i'm satisfied with the 5 old albums and all the live stuff.

Finck/Buckethead's guitar fusion at the end of TWAT is something unbelievable. Never heared something like that in the old band, and I desperatly want to hear more of THAT. I'm not desperate to hear Slash's sound in Guns N' Roses anymore. I want something new, and I think this new stuff is the kind of evolution I was expecting.

from 2:30 to the end, TWAT is a masterpiece. the final studio track is going to be an hymn, a huge epic song. One of the best Axl's lyrics ever.

I hope you understand my english.
See you

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2006, 03:42:11 PM »

Your English is good, and it was very well put.  ok

Right now, I would take hearing what else the current (or more, the recent) lineup has come up with over a reunion album any day of the week.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2006, 03:48:06 PM »

yea i feel that if slash and duff were still in that the band would suck.

axl is growing musically while slash, duff, and matt are just doing the same old whiskey rock they've always done (which is severly dated now).

just compare VR to this new GNR and you see what i mean.

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: