Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:21:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  I just don't miss the old band at all..Do you?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I just don't miss the old band at all..Do you?  (Read 26518 times)
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2006, 12:11:46 PM »

I miss the old band...

My gnr dream is Axl coming in concert and playing 8 of the new songs with the new guys... then closing the set with 10 old tunes with the old guys.  peace

But, he still has to let Buckethead have the solo on "Nightrain."
GNROSAS
Rocker

« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2006, 12:18:53 PM »

I miss the old band...

My gnr dream is Axl coming in concert and playing 8 of the new songs with the new guys... then closing the set with 10 old tunes with the old guys.? peace

But, he still has to let Buckethead have the solo on "Nightrain."

I share about the same dream...

A tour like

VR Support
10 Songs with Weiland
Axl Jamming in 1-2 songs..

GNR Headliners
For start 5-6 old songs with the old Members
Than 5-6 New songs with New Members
And then encore with 2 New and 2 old songs with new & old members alternating.
Paradise City last song with All the members On stage...

This GNR/VR/Reunion Tour will be phenomenal....

But I want this dream in a few Years. First i would like the NewGNR to tour on their Own & VR to at least make a better album than contraband.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 12:24:07 PM by GNROSAS » Logged
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2006, 12:23:32 PM »

I just think its going to be bad as fuck when Axl leads two tottaly differents sets of musicians to the top of the charts even though he has been gone for 13 years. rofl rofl

The critics/Axl haters are gonna be so irate. hihi
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2006, 12:43:44 PM »

I miss the old GNR no doubt and I have never even entertained a reuinon between them, I have and will firmly believe that they will not reunite and if they do then what a surprise for me then.   But they haven't been together for so long, I only really miss them when I see the old vids, throw in the making ofs once on a while, seeing VR in concert and them playing the old songs ofcourse makes me want to see Axl with them and vice versa but it is what it is now and I accept the new music and look forward to it from both bands.  The past is sweet...bitter sweet...ain't that how it always is....the old will never be forgotten  and always missed.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2006, 12:45:51 PM »

we miss because we saw them at a great point growing up.. it's easy for some not to miss because they never experienced it first hand.. Can't miss soemthing you never saw...  I can put old gnr with so many experiences during HS or summers on the beach , others can't so this is their original gnr viewing so to speak..
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2006, 12:47:54 PM »

we miss because we saw them at a great point growing up.. it's easy for some not to miss because they never experienced it first hand.. Can't miss soemthing you never saw...? I can put old gnr with so many experiences during HS or summers on the beach , others can't so this is their original gnr viewing so to speak..

Me too..I can put old GNR to a thousand memories for me....your making me miss them now Cry

check it out!!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2006, 12:48:25 PM »

I miss them more then anything. ?I think about the old band everyday. ?I can't wait for the day they reunite. ?They will reunite. ?The Who, Pink Floyd, Fleetwood Mac, and the Eagles all said they would never, yet, they all did. ?I will enjoy the new stuff, I will enjoy VR, but Guns N Roses with Slash, Axl, Duff, Izzy, can't be beat. ?As for the drummer, Sorum or Adler, doesn't matter at this point cause Adler is still messed up.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2006, 12:52:28 PM »

we miss because we saw them at a great point growing up.. it's easy for some not to miss because they never experienced it first hand.. Can't miss soemthing you never saw...? I can put old gnr with so many experiences during HS or summers on the beach , others can't so this is their original gnr viewing so to speak..

Me too..I can put old GNR to a thousand memories for me....your making me miss them now Cry

ah now now, *hugs DTJ Kiss *
avesia
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2006, 12:54:22 PM »

we miss because we saw them at a great point growing up.. it's easy for some not to miss because they never experienced it first hand.. Can't miss soemthing you never saw...  I can put old gnr with so many experiences during HS or summers on the beach , others can't so this is their original gnr viewing so to speak..
well, I became a gnr fan 2 years ago but I really miss the old band and I wish they got back together again, although I know it won't happen... Cry I have never seen them grow, when they were big I was around five, and the only gnr related memory I have is a t-shirt that my father bought for me (don't know why, h doesn't like them). yet, I'm very nostalgic when talking about the old band Cry
Goddamn_Electric
Rocker

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2006, 01:01:56 PM »

The question should be...."Should we forget the washed up Rockers of yesterday's, who abandon Axl Rose because they couldn't create new interesting music?"

I think so!

also, it blows my mind how this losers could get way from the best Rock band ever, and come back in years later with a BORING/ Dull out dated record like Contraband..........it shows how creative this washed ups were back in 1993, when they started to recording their next GNR record!!

Axl was, and always be the mastermind of Guns N' Roses music that we all love!

This low quality DEMOS and soon to be released Ch-Democracy will prove what GNR should be for the next Decade!

Actually, Slash's first solo record: "It's Five O'clock Somewhere" was supposed to be the next GNR album, but they wouldnt let Axl change anything around for it.  They kinda went in with a "This is what we've got, Take it or Leave it" attitude, and he left it.

I think that album is better than Appetite for Destruction, in all honesty.

11/17/02 Mark of the Quad Cities
11/27/06 Rosemont Horizon
2/19/2012 House of Blues Chicago
7/1/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
7/3/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
10/13/2019 Exit 111 Festival
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2006, 01:06:59 PM »

The question should be...."Should we forget the washed up Rockers of yesterday's, who abandon Axl Rose because they couldn't create new interesting music?"

I think so!

also, it blows my mind how this losers could get way from the best Rock band ever, and come back in years later with a BORING/ Dull out dated record like Contraband..........it shows how creative this washed ups were back in 1993, when they started to recording their next GNR record!!

This low quality DEMOS and soon to be released Ch-Democracy will prove what GNR should be for the next Decade!

Actually, Slash's first solo record: "It's Five O'clock Somewhere" was supposed to be the next GNR album, but they wouldnt let Axl change anything around for it.  They kinda went in with a "This is what we've got, Take it or Leave it" attitude, and he left it.

What the hell are you smoking? Theres no way the first snakepit album is better or even as good as AFD. And I'm sure almost everyone here will agree with me on that.
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2006, 01:08:03 PM »

ah now now, *hugs DTJ Kiss *

Thanks I needed that Kiss Kiss

check it out!!
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2006, 01:13:20 PM »

I think the  new songs are great! However, nothing can beat the old stuff. I miss the old band. They were 5 guys who fought their way to the top.  They struggled while not caring what anyone thought about them. Somehow they  managed to be one of the GREATEST rock bands ever! I think that's the old GNR attitude. I think the new band can play but doesn't have quite the same level of chemistry. This is what I miss most about the old band.
Goddamn_Electric
Rocker

« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2006, 01:14:11 PM »

I think so!

What the hell are you smoking? Theres no way the first snakepit album is better or even as good as AFD. And I'm sure almost everyone here will agree with me on that.

Appetite is a great record, but I'm an Illusion guy.  Guns has been my favorite band since they released Appetite, but I seem to enjoy the first snakepit record slightly more than AFD.  I was just giving my honest feelings on the 2 records.

11/17/02 Mark of the Quad Cities
11/27/06 Rosemont Horizon
2/19/2012 House of Blues Chicago
7/1/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
7/3/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
10/13/2019 Exit 111 Festival
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2006, 01:25:18 PM »

I just think its going to be bad as fuck when Axl leads two tottaly differents sets of musicians to the top of the charts even though he has been gone for 13 years. rofl rofl

The critics/Axl haters are gonna be so irate. hihi

Amen to that.

Save that somehow I can see the critics praising Axl and his friends ( hihi) to the skies.
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2006, 02:00:08 PM »

Yes I do, and I always will it's as simple as that Undecided...I will never take any of the new guys over the old. And the new music well it's mediocre IMO, and I really do think that if it wasn't guns(axl) who was doing these songs that 80% of the people on this board wouldn't even be interested in it......
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2006, 02:02:15 PM »

You would be hard-pressed to find a true GNR fan who wouldn't cream their pants to see Slash climb on that piano or to hear him play the opening notes to WTTJ or SCOM with Axl just one more time. Their is a sense of magic in that that neither VR nor New GNR will ever capture again.

Duff, Izzy, Slash and Sorum wrote what they all claimed was the best instrumental Guns record to date when playing together before VR kicked up. I hope one day when things run their course we get to hear it because Izzy/Slash/Duff have written a dew decent songs in their time ?drool, so I can only imagine how good that material must be.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2006, 02:21:41 PM »

Of course I miss the old band.  How can you not?  But I've gotten over it and moved on.  And after hearing these new songs, I'm convinced that Axl was the mastermind behind Guns N Roses.  You can say that these new songs can't match the old material, I personally think that from what I've heard studio versions of TWAT and The Blues will go toe to toe with anything the old band did.  But even if you don't think the new songs can touch what the old band did, do you honestly think that anything the old band has done since leaving GnR touches this?  TWAT's a better song than anything the former band members have touched since they left, an EP with studio versions of Madagascar, The Blues, Chinese Democracy, Rhiad, TWAT, Better, and IRS would blow anything that the former band members have done since leaving out of the water
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2006, 02:21:59 PM »

I miss the old line up the way I miss an ex girlfriend:  there were a lot of good memories and good times - but for whatever reason, it didn't work out.  So you think about them from time to time in a fond way, you hope they are doing well, but you move on to something that makes you happier, something thats a better fit.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2006, 02:23:00 PM »

Nope, I don't miss them. They left Guns N' Roses. Too fuckin bad for them. When the album does come out they will be blown away just like anyone else.

And let's not start the same old "should have Axl ketp the name?" etc., it's getting boring.
No, No and NO! they were forced out with an iron fist. Would you stay in a band that gave you zero input?

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: