Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:26:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  I just don't miss the old band at all..Do you?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I just don't miss the old band at all..Do you?  (Read 26542 times)
SADIS
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2006, 10:37:01 AM »

I don't miss them as in being in the band, but I do miss them music wise.....I loved GnR for their Rock n Roll vibe in the music.....these demo's I've heard don't have a RnR vibe at all....and there's nothing wrong with that, but that makes me miss the old guys, music wise......

and when I listen to VR I can so hear Axl song the songs to another level while the other way around I don't hear that.....I never thought I would say this but seems that I like VR more, music wise.....Axl is still the coolest singer to ever walk this globe...no doubt about that....
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 10:38:56 AM by SADIS » Logged
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2006, 10:37:24 AM »

Jesus christ. Roll Eyes If 2 demos and a third of a demo can make you forget about 'old' GNR, then you were never much of a fan in the first place.

exactly what I was thinking, these aren't gnr fans.. Some of the best music ever with one of the best bands ever overshadowed by a few leaks... Just admitt you guys are axl rose fans, NOT gnr fans.. ?ANyone he hires under the gnr name with his voice on the song is going to better to you...

also exactly ryan... It's like a new pai of nike sneakers, you are so happy washing every speck of dirt off taking extra good care of them, then within the month they are filthy
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 10:39:32 AM by mikegiuliana » Logged
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2006, 10:38:28 AM »

For me Guns N`Roses always will be Axl. Without him is just VR or watever they call...I`m fan since `88.

like gnr wasn't a guitar rock band.. Shame axl rose fans say they are gnr fans Cry
SADIS
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2006, 10:41:43 AM »

When the album does come out they will be blown away just like anyone else.

How can you say that? Knowing what Duff and Slash like themselves I don't really think they will be blown away because it just ain't their cup of tea. Not their style of music, and that's why they left in the first place.

You cannot say that everyone incl S n D will be blown away.....I expected to be blown away and that didn't happen at all with these demo's...maybe the album will, but YOU don't know....so don't present it as a fact.....you don't know shit.....you only hope everyone will be blown away....
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2006, 10:42:00 AM »

The new music is fantastic, and proves Axl Rose had the most talent, but it does not make this band Guns N' Roses.

My only problem is the name.

Gun N Roses = Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven.
Goddamn_Electric
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2006, 10:44:38 AM »

The new music is fantastic, and proves Axl Rose had the most talent, but it does not make this band Guns N' Roses.

My only problem is the name.

Gun N Roses = Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven.

To me, GNR was Axl and Izzy.  They wrote the vast majority of the music together...and he's the one guy I'd love more than anybody else to be back in the band.  I know that's not the popular opinion, because Slash is so cool...but it's my opinion nonetheless.

11/17/02 Mark of the Quad Cities
11/27/06 Rosemont Horizon
2/19/2012 House of Blues Chicago
7/1/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
7/3/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
10/13/2019 Exit 111 Festival
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2006, 10:45:23 AM »

I do miss them, but it's like missing a dead person, you can't bring a dead person to life, if you do, you get a zombie (which is what mike and others want) Grin
New gnr is like a new girlfriend, it makes you forget about the old bitch who got away and broke your heart..
I love my newgirlfriend, but Mike is still sighing ?ok

Im just messing with ya, hope you got my drift ?Tongue

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2006, 10:45:54 AM »

is it suprising die hard axl rose only fans are blown away by new material after all the years you have spent waiting online??

All the other normal people you run these by have mixed feelings with real answers... Better has gotten the best response, but you would be a fucking tard to think these people are saying screw the old this is the best ever instant classics..

The songs are good but in no way as good as some of you are carrying on....

I wasn't as happy as you guys the first time I had sex rofl believe me it was as good Kiss
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2006, 10:49:01 AM »

Oh and you think Axl is Axl as long as his vocals are behind the Music? Not to me, that Guitar work needs to follow Axl like his own shadow. Slash did that in every solo he turned out. Buckethead could do the same but does he really want to follow Axl? My answer to the post at this time is as long as the music raps it self around Axl's voice like it has in the past, I won't miss shit!     

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2006, 10:53:11 AM »

I'm not forgetting about Izzy either!

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2006, 10:54:19 AM »

No.
and No, a band is not just about one person. The music is telling.

I don't care if the name is "guns n roses" or not. Guns n Roses By any other name would sound as sweet.
When they're calling themselves 'so and so', who are you to deny them the name? Unless you own the name.

Jesus christ. Roll Eyes If 2 demos and a third of a demo can make you forget about 'old' GNR, then you were never much of a fan in the first place.

Or simply what on the 2 demos and a third of a demo is real telling. Roll Eyes
Likewise, I believe There were some people that fell in love with the old band at first sight/first listen to the 15 minutes live performance before its major debut.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2006, 10:57:24 AM »

that would be like me following VH till 84 then hearing sammy and saying dave who?? Can you just forget an entire movement and amazing feat over that little music? I simply think people love axl rose think he is gnr alone and as long as he's singing then it doesn't matter, or simply most weren't there the first time around
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2006, 11:02:41 AM »

I don't miss them as in being in the band, but I do miss them music wise.....

Agreed.

The new songs, are... hm okay.
But they are nothing compared to the old ones. My opinion.

And I doutb I'll ever love this new band as much as I loved the old one.
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2006, 11:03:15 AM »

The bottomline here is simple...CHEMISTRY  Is that a factor or not?

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2006, 11:04:23 AM »

I have to say I still miss Slash, not as much as I though, but i still miss him. I miss his guitar tone and his incredible Vibe.
Maybe I won't miss him  that much once I'll hear Fortus lead guitar playing on the album and on the other tracks.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2006, 11:04:46 AM »

The bottomline here is simple...CHEMISTRY? Is that a factor or not?

that is very important... They had it at the 2002 tour no doubt.. But if you only get an album does it matter how well they gel? Onstage chemistry matters.. They have the musical chemistry
GNROSAS
Rocker

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2006, 11:08:05 AM »

First a big fuck off to anyone who says that i am not a true GNR Fan....

Now..As i said i will always love Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven....UYI & AFD are a major part in my life.
Slash's Solos have touched me really deep...He was the reason i started playing guitar...And he was my favorite member in the past...

For me GNR is mainly the voice,melodies, lyrics of Axl Rose accompanied with great emotional guitar work and attitude....The old members were great in doing that...

Now it is just that the new member in those demos do the same...Their music, guitar solos express the emotion of Axl's melodies and that reaches perfection.

So quality, music wise for me these 3 Demos are at least equal to the old songs.

What i miss is the presence of the old guys playing the old songs....But i am really enthusiastic about the future live performances of the new members...

What i don't miss is the Music Quality.....

Bucket,Robin,Tommy,Brain Thank you....

Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2006, 11:10:04 AM »

I have to say I still miss Slash, not as much as I though, but i still miss him. I miss his guitar tone and his incredible Vibe.
Maybe I won't miss him that much once I'll hear Fortus lead guitar playing on the album and on the other tracks.

got to get over the hurt ! they say time heals, we'll see Cry 

Funral
Opening Act

There Was A Time......

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2006, 11:27:30 AM »

The question should be...."Should we forget the washed up Rockers of yesterday's, who abandon Axl Rose because they couldn't create new interesting music?"

I think so!

also, it blows my mind how this losers could get way from the best Rock band ever, and come back in years later with a BORING/ Dull out dated record like Contraband..........it shows how creative this washed ups were back in 1993, when they started to recording their next GNR record!!

Axl was, and always be the mastermind of Guns N' Roses music that we all love!

This low quality DEMOS and soon to be released Ch-Democracy will prove what GNR should be for the next Decade!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2006, 12:10:07 PM »

The question should be...."Should we forget the washed up Rockers of yesterday's, who abandon Axl Rose because they couldn't create new interesting music?"

I think so!

also, it blows my mind how this losers could get way from the best Rock band ever, and come back in years later with a BORING/ Dull out dated record like Contraband..........it shows how creative this washed ups were back in 1993, when they started to recording their next GNR record!!

I wouldn't say contra is that bad.
Anyway if they quited because they couldn't create new interesting music in the band anymore, they are good losers. That'd be noble resignation.
You should thank them like me. peace
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: