Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 05:32:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  I just don't miss the old band at all..Do you?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I just don't miss the old band at all..Do you?  (Read 26455 times)
GNROSAS
Rocker

« on: February 19, 2006, 09:17:36 AM »

Strange but true....Since i heard the 3 Songs i don't miss the old guys at all...
The Axl Melodies and the Bucket/Robin solos are just excellent...
When i listen to these new songs, they feel so GNR to me...

Don't get me wrong i love the old guys... I am a fan since 1991....But? it is just that the brilliance is still there in the new songs...
And yes with these kind of songs there is no need for a re-union...These songs are in a different level...Although both the old & new songs are great, I can relate with the new songs more in 2006....The feeling is so fuckin fresh.....It's like the lyrics of Yesterdays...

Do you miss the old band or not??
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 09:22:33 AM »

no i don't really. axl's music has developed so much. i doubt he could have done such music with duff and slash. THIS is GNR and nothing else. Can't wait for them to take over the world.. i'll be there...

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
--DEA--
Rocker

Try it!!

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 09:25:52 AM »

I miss them.. but the new band is great to.. The 3 new songs is amazing.. WOW I love the songs  beer
badapple81
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 09:27:40 AM »

I love the old line ups stuff and always will. However the new material has made me really not care much for a reunion. I mean yeah I'd he first to by an album or see a show by the old band but I'm equally as excited to hear this stuff and see the new Guns N' Roses. This stuff is good enough for me really to consider the new Guns N' Roses alongside the old as my favourite band of all time. So no, now that I have new material and I'm sure the album is to come, I don't miss the old band because I know I'll be content. I already am.
axlschild
Headliner

..when your taking to yourself..and nobody's home

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2006, 09:27:57 AM »

yes & no

No because i love the new leaks we've been privilaged to hear & i think it'll be be a huge album & tour, IF it comes out, really hoping for Download festival...so i dont really miss the old band & we have VR so thats cool

Yes because i still missed out on the last 10+ yrs of axl/slash music & would love to see them on stage like the old days...

IF/WHEN the reunion tour happens <minus Steven, he is messing that up for himself, but thats another story> do you think the old guys will be happy to play stuff of CD??

Don't play your guitar when your talking to me...

Milton Keynes '93
Leeds '02
Download '06
Sheffield '06
Nottingham '06
Leeds '10
Birmingham '12
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2006, 09:28:20 AM »

i really do miss izzy. i love the new songs, and lyrically can still connect to axl and enjoy immensely his themes, but i do miss the stonesy/new york dolls influence, tunes and attitude izzy brought to the table. i also miss the decadence of nightrain, michelle and rocket queen guns.

dENIS
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2006, 09:28:27 AM »

For me Guns N`Roses always will be Axl. Without him is just VR or watever they call...I`m fan since `88.
Goddamn_Electric
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2006, 09:37:12 AM »

I've been a fan since '87 (Yep, grand age of 8!), and Yes.  I do miss the old band.  I love the new songs we've been hearing...but face it, the old band actually released albums...and that's what I miss about Guns N' Roses.

11/17/02 Mark of the Quad Cities
11/27/06 Rosemont Horizon
2/19/2012 House of Blues Chicago
7/1/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
7/3/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
10/13/2019 Exit 111 Festival
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2006, 09:39:18 AM »

Jesus christ. Roll Eyes If 2 demos and a third of a demo can make you forget about 'old' GNR, then you were never much of a fan in the first place.

badapple81
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2006, 09:43:20 AM »

I haven;t forgotten about them at all, I said I always will enjoy them. I don't just 'miss' them as I have the current GNR to enjoy and look forward to, even with the limited recordings and live stuff I listen to, I listen to that all the time  peace
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2006, 09:43:39 AM »

Its not a matter of forgetting the old band, just that the new stuff is more current than the classic stuff

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

...i fell in love and baby...

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2006, 09:44:28 AM »

Jesus christ. Roll Eyes If 2 demos and a third of a demo can make you forget about 'old' GNR, then you were never much of a fan in the first place.
who the fuck are you to tell him that he's not a fan in the first place? he said he didn't MISS them, not that he has forgotten about them! some people like to live in 2006 and still remember the past. get over yourself, fucking hypocrite, i'm sick of you. weren't you the negative complainer that wanted to give up if nothing came by january? well it didn't, so why are you still here now? you're like those same people you criticize, positive when the times are right for it, negative when not. don't you ever try to determine who is a gnr fan or not again. i'm a huge gnr fan since 1990 and i appreciate what they did but i still want axl's band in 2006. nuff said.

i see the light at the end, but everytime i take a step, it gets dim... tell me is this hell we're living in? if so, heaven's gotta be better, but if we're hellbound, whatever, it's going down.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2006, 09:52:01 AM »

fucking hypocrite, i'm sick of you..
Intelligent post. Unfortunately for you, I'm not going to sink to your level.

You wouldn't happen to be August18th, would you??
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 09:53:56 AM by jameslofton29 » Logged

mick
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2006, 09:55:57 AM »

HELL FUCKING YES.  rant
Origen
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2006, 10:01:16 AM »

I miss the old Guns N Roses because the new band arn't Guns N Roses, that band died over 10 years ago. It might just be the name but the name is everything, it shows what the band was and who are GnR I would be much happy if the name changed, Axl shouldn't live in the past using a dead bands name.

As for the members I would take any original back in a heart beat sort of for the same reason above, it doesn't feel like Guns N Roses, they went from being a group of best mates playing blues rock to one guy on his own with a band playing the songs with a techno/industrial soung that I don't like.

This is Guns N Roses:

Even this is Guns N Roses:

Axl rose and his piad musicians are not Guns N Roses.

Don't get me wrong I'll see this incarnaton in concert if they tour and I'll buy CD but it will never be Guns N Roses to me, that's my feelings on it and if you can't accept that and are just gonig to post something childish then ignore my post.
ericy210
Headliner

What's up..... homefuck!

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2006, 10:09:41 AM »

I miss the old band like I miss the '85 Chicago Bears.  I'll always miss the fun and excitement it brought the city, but I'll always welcome the new team that embraces the tradition and history of the past.  The difference with GNR is that it kept the all-star and built a new team around him.  They can still make the same old classic plays (WTTJ) but have evolved and built on that to bring some new tricks to the team (Maddy).

It is possible to like and appreciate the old and new- it doesn't have to be a zero-sum game with only one winner!

Iowa City 1993, Leeds 2002, Quad Cities 2002, Chicago 2002, NYC 2006, Lisbon 2006, London 2006, Donnington 2006, Wembley 2006, Chicago 2006, Toronto 2010, Chicago 2011, Chicago 2012, Chicago 2016 x 2
Rocket_queen125
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2006, 10:15:43 AM »

I just learned to accept it! its like as good as an artist micheal jackson is He still touches children and as cool as elton john is He's still gay
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2006, 10:31:57 AM »

The origional guns n' roses is my favorite band of all time.

So far this version of guns n' roses is my favorite band out today in the mainstream.  I don't even listen to new mainstream music nowadays except for this band. 

I miss the old guys but with the conflicting interests, it wasn't going to work.  I think the band died when izzy left.  That's when they couldn't write new shit. 
Izzy Slash Duff and Axl Were Guns and Roses.

I can see  why Axl still uses the name, the members chose to leave on their own.
I think I'd rather have this new band rather than the old band putting out material that is the same and doesn't even get you any more.
Like I love classic, ACDC, but don't give me that new ACDC, that stuff just doesn't do it for me.  It seems like the same old song with new lyrics. 
ryan_of_lax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2006, 10:36:21 AM »

Think about it for 2 minutes....
Sweet Child O Mine? Welcome To The Jungle? Estranged? Civil War? Rocket Queen? Patience?

None of these new songs are even close to being as memorable or good. The novelty will wear off...
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2006, 10:36:56 AM »

Nope, I don't miss them. They left Guns N' Roses. Too fuckin bad for them. When the album does come out they will be blown away just like anyone else.

And let's not start the same old "should have Axl ketp the name?" etc., it's getting boring.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: