Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 02:32:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  It's official - Management didn't leak the tracks
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: It's official - Management didn't leak the tracks  (Read 5254 times)
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« on: February 19, 2006, 12:32:15 AM »

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=62365

I contacted Merck to find out why some radio stations, such as WAAF, are playing at least one of the leaked tracks - IRS. I asked if GNR management had given them permission to do so.

He said no.

No quite the opposite. They have all stopped playing it as they are complying
with "cease and desist" letters.

Madison is also asking for the names of stations playing the songs so that she can give them to Merck - I say fuck that.
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 12:58:13 AM »

This is real i was in the Rolling Stones show ...

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
phreakofnature
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 01:06:25 AM »

It is not official.. I hate it when people post official news when its' not. Just becuase he told her that doesn't mean jack shit.  They may have only wanted it out for a few days, and then to cease playing just to start a buzz.  morons everywhere i tells ya.
Grass
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 01:13:59 AM »

What is Merck thinking? ?He's got radio stations in every major market hyping his star act up and he wants to stop it? ?That's insane. ?Great thinking, send them all legal notices...and then let's see how many still want to play ball with him when the album does drop. ?Roll Eyes

Honestly, the leak situation is too big to contain now. ?Just put IRS out as an official single now and make the cash. ?Sometimes I think they actually want to lose money.
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2006, 01:19:23 AM »

If you're gonna bitch about ANYONE, bitch about Merck. Like Grass said, IRS is getting rave reviews all across the country, so naturally Merck issues a C&D to make them stop playing it. Real smart business tactics there! Let me run the band, I can do a hell of a better job that he can!

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2006, 01:23:23 AM »

I'm not going to get into personally slanderous attacks, but I do think it's  a bit audacious to request that everyone provide names of stations still playing it...Let's see, I'll go from hearing GNR on a nightly countdown to snitching on the station in return for another 6 months of complete silence...right
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2006, 01:25:34 AM »

Madison wasn't going to report the names of the station to Merck - she was just curious if any stations were still playing it after the C&D was issued. Simple as that. Read the thread over there before you come here and personally attack someone.

BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2006, 01:32:25 AM »

madison     
post Yesterday, 11:56 PM
Post #1

FRONTMAN
Group Icon

Group: Admins

I contacted Merck to find out why some radio stations, such as WAAF, are playing at least one of the leaked tracks - IRS. I asked if GNR management had given them permission to do so.

He said no.

So, if anybody is still hearing the track being played, please post the name of the radio station in this thread.

--------------------

That's what her post says. There's nothing about there being an "edit" on her thread to change the text to something else.

DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2006, 01:34:38 AM »

madison?    
post Yesterday, 11:56 PM
Post #1

FRONTMAN
Group Icon

Group: Admins

He said no.

So, if anybody is still hearing the track being played, please post the name of the radio station in this thread.

--------------------

That's what her post says. There's nothing about there being an "edit" on her thread to change the text to something else.

Newsflash - she's a mod.

She can change anything and you wouldn't notice.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2006, 01:45:50 AM »

just to get away from the Madison bashing..........

If a Cease and Desist had been sent to Radio stations, it would have stopped. WAAF isn't in the business of pissing off Bands, managment, and label's for playing unreleased tracks against their will. AAF played it last (that I know of) at 12:25 is AM EST, which was 30 minutes after Merck supposedly spoke of a C&D.

Even if they stop playing it by monday, that doesn't mean that WAAF wasn't asked to put the song into heavy rotation by management, it just means that management hit the "Play Window" that they set forth.

This song has been playing on AAF for over 24 hours and has been played more than 2 dozen times. I find it hard to belive that if Sanctuary didn't want it played that this would have gone on for this long.
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2006, 02:30:49 AM »

Madison said this was the cease and desist letter that Eric (webmaster of MyGNR) received -

There's a whole page filled with items.
But the part - in question - about lyrics:

Your website has also posted lyrics to several songs from the forthcoming
"Chinese Democracy" album. The lyrics can be accessed via the following
links:

(Letter lists a bunch of links that Eric has since removed in order to comply)

These actions violate Mr. Rose's copyrights. Copyright infringement
is punishable through the imposition of injunctive relief as well as actual
damages in the amount of your profits, or in the alternative statutory
damages up to $250,000 per infringement, punitive damages, attorneys' fees,
and costs of suit. ..

Apparently the pages on MyGNR.com listing lyrics for songs that were played in 2001-2002 were also removed.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2006, 02:34:49 AM »

Madison said this was the cease and desist letter that Eric (webmaster of MyGNR) received -

There's a whole page filled with items.
But the part - in question - about lyrics:

Your website has also posted lyrics to several songs from the forthcoming
"Chinese Democracy" album. The lyrics can be accessed via the following
links:

(Letter lists a bunch of links that Eric has since removed in order to comply)

These actions violate Mr. Rose's copyrights. Copyright infringement
is punishable through the imposition of injunctive relief as well as actual
damages in the amount of your profits, or in the alternative statutory
damages up to $250,000 per infringement, punitive damages, attorneys' fees,
and costs of suit. ..

Apparently the pages on MyGNR.com listing lyrics for songs that were played in 2001-2002 were also removed.

That is pretty interesting.

I wonder what made them want stuff that has been up for a while now to be taken down?

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2006, 02:35:04 AM »

Fuck the Suits...

We cant talk abotu a damn song? Unrelased or not.. I talk about new movies.. Why not songs? We aren't hurting the band.. And poor Axl.. Mayeb he should have stayed in touch with his fans a little better.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2006, 03:08:21 AM »

This board has never, and never will, tolerate bashing of other members / private people. If you have to bitch about her actions, take it to her. Don't do it like a stupid little kid behind her back.

a) it is just not fucking cool!
b) it's moronic and talkes volumes of the person throwing the insults..
c) _will_ most likely get you banned.

Things are pretty hectic at the moment, so we won't have the time to say pretty please to everyone... So just stop it if you wanna keep posting here.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Grass
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2006, 03:20:15 AM »

Back on topic, I'm rethinking my stance on this whole thing. ?Ok...

*Darknemus said that management requested that IRS be played in heavy rotation on WAAF. ?

*Merck says they sent a cease and desist letter to WAAF.

*Now, according to a thread on mygnr, WAAF is on the air saying "I will play the new GNR track before the end of the show. As for cease and desist, as if we havn't had those before".

Seriously, I'm starting to think this is all an angle.  The station wouldn't just blatantly defy legal threats.  It's not like Axl is shy of lawsuits.  The most logical conclusion is that the Guns camp is manufacturing this whole controversy to keep interest up and raise awareness. ?It's working too! ?ok
McDuff
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2006, 03:23:30 AM »

Back on topic, I'm rethinking my stance on this whole thing. ?Ok...

*Darknemus said that management requested that IRS be played in heavy rotation on WAAF. ?

*Merck says they sent a cease and desist letter to WAAF.

*Now, according to a thread on mygnr, WAAF is on the air saying "I will play the new GNR track before the end of the show. As for cease and desist, as if we havn't had those before".

Seriously, I'm starting to think this is all an angle.? The station wouldn't just blatantly defy legal threats.? It's not like Axl is shy of lawsuits.? The most logical conclusion is that the Guns camp is manufacturing this whole controversy to keep interest up and raise awareness. ?It's working too! ?ok

yeah that sounds like it would be true beer
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2006, 03:28:14 AM »

Fuck the Suits...

We cant talk abotu a damn song? Unrelased or not.. I talk about new movies.. Why not songs? We aren't hurting the band.. And poor Axl.. Mayeb he should have stayed in touch with his fans a little better.

I agree. ?The only possible explanation I can think of is that they are a bunch of Nazi's. ?The Gn'r community has not heard had anything to go on. ?We are supposed to act like Helen Keller when it's obvious it happened, and can he give us an explanation as to why? ?All we want is a little information. ?It's no wonder the sanctuary group has gone down the toilet so fast. ?I am honestly shocked that he is still in charge at Sanctuary. ?I know that if i was running a co. and it went down the shitter as fast as sanctuary i would make damn sure to get some fresh blood in there asap to try and right the ship, because it's obvious that the current executives are lost.

What Goes around comes around!
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2006, 04:51:28 AM »

i was saying this yesterday, and i'll say it again - management didnt leak the songs, however once it became apparent that the spread of songs was uncontainable they decided to let the songs go out ver the radio. Certain stations got the green light (i'm guessing not CC owned stations) to play the song. However, for the the band to be seen to be actively protecting its interests it needed to send out cease and desist orders; which they did.

They started with small time websites and unfriendly radio and gave friendly outlets 12-24 hours. Why else would the take so long to send out a very standard letter. They knew these songs were coming a good twelve hours before they went public (hell, even i did). It would have been no effort to nip this thing in the bud before it happened, as has always been the Gn'R way.

Something is different with this one.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2006, 06:25:09 AM »

Fuck leaking.

If anyone has the cd and you want some fun, take it to a nightclub and play IRS LOUD. If you have contacts in the local press get them to report to the local press.

I don't think management would have a problem with that.

Here today...ready to rock
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2006, 06:30:08 AM »

the funny thing with leaking, it's never management.

"ouuuuuups we forgot some demos of the new guns n'roses somewhere, and it was leaked by mistake"

yeah yeah of course...and george bush is an intellectual.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: