Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 01:25:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Interesting News!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Interesting News!!!  (Read 7305 times)
Red Sox Fan
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2006, 11:14:28 AM »

fyi...i agve twat and better to a dj yesterdayy and they played it 1/2 later...(just happened to be the time to play gnr and they scrapped pc for twat)...they really dont care and will play really whatever they want
FILTHY
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2006, 11:58:41 AM »

Hey Darknemus, if you're here I have a question: Why would they leak such a bad quality demo to intentionally be played on the radio? That cant be how it sounds on CD. Why not just leak the version with 'finishing touches'? This story just keeps getting stranger.

I actually have a crazy theory about that.

If you leak the bad quality demo, you're not giving anything from the album actually away for free.? You're giving a "taste", which everyone will appreciate, and generating some good publicity in the process.? But you are not "destroying" the marketability of the final album.? If anything, you're increasing it because people are going to want to hear the final version.

Probably a hairbrained theory, I'll admit.? ?But it would be one reason why they'd allow this to continue.

Releasing a demo can also gives them an excuse.  Say (for some reason) not many people like it, the GNR camp can say "well it's only an old bad quality, don't worry about it the album will be killer"  wasn't something of nature said when Oh My God wasn't received  that well? 
conny
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2006, 12:16:24 PM »

Hate to say I told you so. The leaks are PROMOTION, nothing else. But just go on keep "respecting the management's wishes" it's fun to hear everyone's excuse for DOWNLOADING the leaks, but not having the guts to SHARE them openly.

Roll Eyes
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2006, 12:18:16 PM »

well hopefully this can get corraborated....and i dont think it's a hairbrained theory to assume that the demos are released as a distraction to stir up buzz while the actual product is being finished...and also to get poor quality tracks in cirucluation to confuse file-sharers when the actual record is released. you cant argue with results-the songs is getting airplay with a generally positive response

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Hoosier
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2006, 12:20:51 PM »

Hate to say I told you so. The leaks are PROMOTION, nothing else. But just go on keep "respecting the management's wishes" it's fun to hear everyone's excuse for DOWNLOADING the leaks, but not having the guts to SHARE them openly.

Roll Eyes

i agree. this shit has been locked up like Ft Knox for over 10 years, and now it just "leaks" out. after the fact that Axl said "people will hear music this year". this wasnt an accident. this was leaked for us to hear

ever been in an earthquake motherfucker?!?!
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2006, 12:22:07 PM »

well hopefully this can get corraborated....and i dont think it's a hairbrained theory to assume that the demos are released as a distraction to stir up buzz while the actual product is being finished...and also to get poor quality tracks in cirucluation to confuse file-sharers when the actual record is released. you cant argue with results-the songs is getting airplay with a generally positive response

You will never get anyone associated with the band to corroborate a leak.
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2006, 12:25:52 PM »

Seems like they would wait for the rest of Better to leak, and authorize that for radio play, since it seems to be the most 'polished' of all the demos.

Well they have the originals, They don't have to wait for the rest to leak......

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2006, 12:27:19 PM »

You will never get anyone associated with the band to corroborate a leak.

probably not. but one can wish....

in either case the important thing is that guns is getting heavy rotation and a generally positive response.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Bucketofguns
Rocker

Proud down loading motherfucker

« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2006, 12:46:45 PM »

There is only one problem with this news.  WRKO has no program director, as Brian Whitmore got let go last week.

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2006, 01:31:09 PM »

I doubt that the station went with out representation at a weekly meeting by an "acting PD"

Regardless we are dealing with 2nd hand info that dark was good enough to pass on (with a disclaimer) I don't think the employee of a siste station felt that "oh by the way there was a shake up at WRKO" was relevant to a GnR discussion. Maybe they could give us the finer details of Howie Carr's contract?
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2006, 01:36:27 PM »

Has TWAT been pumped into rotation as much as IRS?  I have heard it a few times but it seems the first leaked track is getting more attention; a shame really b/c TWAT is a much better song.

We might not get a GnR statement for some time then; I  thought the situation demanded one on Monday, but it seems they have been reacting all along.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Timmy
Rocker

« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2006, 01:43:24 PM »

Has TWAT been pumped into rotation as much as IRS?? I have heard it a few times but it seems the first leaked track is getting more attention; a shame really b/c TWAT is a much better song.

We might not get a GnR statement for some time then; I? thought the situation demanded one on Monday, but it seems they have been reacting all along.

I believe that's because IRS is more radio friendly.

T.T.
?.?.
misterbrownstone
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2006, 01:59:22 PM »

I contacted Merck to find out why some radio stations, such as WAAF, are playing at least one of the leaked tracks - IRS. I asked if GNR management had given them permission to do so.

He said no.

No quite the opposite. They have all stopped playing it as they are complying
with "cease and desist" letters.

So, if anybody is still hearing the track being played, please post the name of the radio station in this thread.

-madison
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2006, 02:04:07 PM »

it`s as always....      nothing is official and the rumours claim the opposite...

i seriously hope to have some statement next week. it`s really needed.    do you remember all the "we`ll talk when there`s something to talk about." shit?     there`s a lot to talk about at the moment.....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Origen
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2006, 02:11:36 PM »

^ I believe darknemus over Madison.
estranged.1098
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2006, 02:43:38 PM »

You mean you believe darknemus' source over Merck?

I do too.
Mr. Oral Sex
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2006, 03:01:31 PM »

World of GnR:

Rumor, rumor, rumor, Merck denies one rumor and leaves 2 standing, followed by a few more rumors and a Merck (monosyllabic) statement.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2006, 03:03:19 PM »

i believe darknemus over madison, too,  but darknemus is just the messenger.....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2006, 03:07:14 PM »

i believe darknemus over madison, too,? but darknemus is just the messenger.....

So is Madison.  It was correspondence with Merck.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
SLCPUNK
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2006, 03:08:03 PM »

Hey Darknemus, if you're here I have a question: Why would they leak such a bad quality demo to intentionally be played on the radio? That cant be how it sounds on CD. Why not just leak the version with 'finishing touches'? This story just keeps getting stranger.

I actually have a crazy theory about that.

If you leak the bad quality demo, you're not giving anything from the album actually away for free.  You're giving a "taste", which everyone will appreciate, and generating some good publicity in the process.  But you are not "destroying" the marketability of the final album.  If anything, you're increasing it because people are going to want to hear the final version.

Probably a hairbrained theory, I'll admit.   But it would be one reason why they'd allow this to continue.

I kind of agree with this. But in the market place people are quick to judge and it seems that you can say "demo" all you want, and nobody is going to really take that into consideration.

Although I may be totally wrong..........I dunno.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: