Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 01:14:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Interesting News!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Interesting News!!!  (Read 7296 times)
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2006, 11:58:46 PM »

Yeah, I think "Better" would be the best new track to play on the radio.. but I have to admit this marketing strategy is genuis. I got guys who have been ripping on gnr for years begging me to post all the tracks I have from the forthcoming album on a few boards I post on...

They hate Axl and rip on gnr, but yet they want to hear all these new tracks because they know they are leaks.... rofl
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2006, 12:04:14 AM »

Dark, you know I respect you, but its a little hard to believe...

I think GNR are behind the leaks, but I don't know about them wanting it on radio. A fan was the first to get on the radio, then it snowballed. For the first taste of CD to be demos, especially to a lot of kids and non GNR fans... I don't know... The internet, yes, happened with Audioslave...

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2006, 12:06:11 AM »

I doubt they would want a rough demo being played heavy on stations.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Rocket_queen125
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2006, 12:07:33 AM »

dark  is the man
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2006, 12:08:24 AM »

I think GNR are behind the leaks, but I don't know about them wanting it on radio. A fan was the first to get on the radio, then it snowballed. For the first taste of CD to be demos, especially to a lot of kids and non GNR fans... I don't know... The internet, yes, happened with Audioslave...

Like I said, my source was in the building at the time of this meeting.  I'm sure these details can be easily corroborated or disputed as of Monday when people might actually be in answering their phones and stuff.  (Well, ok, Tuesday - as Monday is a national holiday in the U.S.)

I don't discount the possibility that the person who told me this is lying through their teeth - except the person has no motivation to lie to me that I can think of.  Who the hell knows.  All I know is *EVERYTHING* that has gone down in the last 48 hours or so has weird written all over it, so i'm inclined to at least entertain any possibilities at this point.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2006, 12:13:55 AM »

Well can I ask this...Mebbe it's exactly that...non gnr fans and kids...getting the songs played over and over to get into their heads to get the people that are expecting the old gnr sound and letting these songs grow on them??? ?Sort of a plan to let these songs or IRS rather grow on the people out there so that when the album does hit the stores they have more sales right off the bat...I dunno just throwing it out there.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2006, 12:14:46 AM »

One item of clarification (I apologize, I don't have much of a good sense of track of time, especially when travelling) (I'm in Orlando at the moment)

The meeting took place on Friday morning, NOT Saturday morning.  He / she told me "yesterday morning" and I, assuming today was Sunday, said Saturday morning.

My fault - apparently (for anyone that wants to fact check this) the meeting took place on FRIDAY morning - not Saturday

-darknemus

« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 12:16:57 AM by darknemus » Logged

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2006, 12:16:29 AM »

Dude, I am having a party at my condo right now.. and most the people over my age 23-27 like the new tracks... my little sister who is 19 has people over too... and all the younger kids are like "ohh my god, thats the new guns n roses leaked stuff I been hearing on the radio. where do you get it? can you burn me a cd?"

I.R.S isn't even the greatest song.. but people are loving it just because its kind of like taboo to have it... lol if I.R.S makes the billboard charts as demo.
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2006, 12:18:00 AM »

I'd guess GNR never planned on releasing "IRS" as a single, and since it's becoming popular, they're just going to let it happen.
Ax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2006, 12:26:47 AM »

If the leak was part of some marketing strategy it is pretty smart. I mean, people always want what they are not supposed to have, and making this track a "leaked demo" will generate more buzz than if it was just an offically released single. And the fact that it is stated to be just a demo gives Axl an out if there is a backlash of people who don't like it. And people will be much more forgiving if they are not into it right away. Like many people might hear the song and think, wow that is really good for a demo I can't wait to hear what the final version sounds like, as opposed to saying, that's all Axl could come up with over the course of 10 years.

If real, it's a very smart strategy. I hope it's real because if it is that means that Chinese Democracy will actually be released "soon."
axlrose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2006, 12:27:23 AM »

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=62365
SLCPUNK
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2006, 12:28:31 AM »

I like dark and he's a real smart cat... But he doesn't have the best luck, track record, or judgement when it comes to telling real scoops from bullshit...

yup yup.........pass the salt.
Megaguns
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2006, 12:36:09 AM »

bugger all this crap. Im not believing ANYTHING until i wee an official statement, we know there is gonna be one soon.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2006, 12:40:12 AM »

WAAF knows of no C&D letter, they are playing IRS in 15 minutes.
Steel_Angel
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2006, 12:54:31 AM »

it would suck if they wont.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2006, 10:41:36 AM »

Hey Darknemus, if you're here I have a question: Why would they leak such a bad quality demo to intentionally be played on the radio? That cant be how it sounds on CD. Why not just leak the version with 'finishing touches'? This story just keeps getting stranger.

I actually have a crazy theory about that.

If you leak the bad quality demo, you're not giving anything from the album actually away for free.  You're giving a "taste", which everyone will appreciate, and generating some good publicity in the process.  But you are not "destroying" the marketability of the final album.  If anything, you're increasing it because people are going to want to hear the final version.

Probably a hairbrained theory, I'll admit.   But it would be one reason why they'd allow this to continue.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2006, 10:45:51 AM »

Hey Darknemus, if you're here I have a question: Why would they leak such a bad quality demo to intentionally be played on the radio? That cant be how it sounds on CD. Why not just leak the version with 'finishing touches'? This story just keeps getting stranger.

I actually have a crazy theory about that.

If you leak the bad quality demo, you're not giving anything from the album actually away for free.? You're giving a "taste", which everyone will appreciate, and generating some good publicity in the process.? But you are not "destroying" the marketability of the final album.? If anything, you're increasing it because people are going to want to hear the final version.

Probably a hairbrained theory, I'll admit.? ?But it would be one reason why they'd allow this to continue.

You nailed it on the head, it's almost as if you are familiar with how marketing depts in the industry work? Grin
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2006, 10:50:30 AM »

make sense to saturate the file sharing promgrams ie limewire, kazaa etc with the Demo's because then it makes it harder to find the real version when the album comes out.... the average jo will get annoyed and just go buy the album instead of downloading it

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2006, 10:52:46 AM »

well hopefully this is the start and we will soon hear something about a real cd release date beer
Origen
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2006, 10:55:53 AM »

We've heard lots of different things on what MANAGEMENT thinks and thank you for this as I believe you to be a reliable source, but Axl should give some kind of statement regarding the leaks or the album soon instead of still being quiet when all this is going on.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: