Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 01:19:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Interesting News!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Interesting News!!!  (Read 7300 times)
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« on: February 18, 2006, 11:25:02 PM »

from darknemus@ mygnrforum:

I'm going to copy / paste this text exactly as I got it from my source on this story. A person who has a "close knowledge of the contents of this meeting" that I'm about to share with you.

The PD's of WEEI, WAAF, MikeFM, and WRKO met with the GM of Entercom Boston for a routine progaming meeting. At that meeting several topics were discussed including the playing of a New Guns N' Roses track, which was to be played in heavy rotation as requested by the bands management.

By the way, this meeting took place on Saturday morning.

WAAF is the station in Boston playing IRS every hour.

Anyone out there that can confirm, corroborate, or put the kibosh on this, please do. My source works in the same building (New Balance building) and I have no reason to doubt him / her - but secondary confirmation is always good.

-darknemus
« Last Edit: February 18, 2006, 11:29:09 PM by Brownstone » Logged

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 11:27:55 PM »

wow, I like the sounds of that one  Shocked

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 11:28:37 PM »

I like dark and he's a real smart cat... But he doesn't have the best luck, track record, or judgement when it comes to telling real scoops from bullshit...

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006, 11:30:42 PM »

i wonder what misterbrownstone has to say on this
Midnight Gunner
Banned
Rocker

Ain't it fun?

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006, 11:30:59 PM »

I dunno.
Midnight Gunner
Banned
Rocker

Ain't it fun?

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2006, 11:31:44 PM »

i wonder what misterbrownstone has to say on this

LOL, probably:

SHHHHHH, don't mention a thing!
Steel_Angel
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2006, 11:32:11 PM »

lol... ok rofl
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2006, 11:33:07 PM »

Hey Darknemus, if you're here I have a question: Why would they leak such a bad quality demo to intentionally be played on the radio? That cant be how it sounds on CD. Why not just leak the version with 'finishing touches'? This story just keeps getting stranger.

darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2006, 11:34:14 PM »

Hey Darknemus, if you're here I have a question: Why would they leak such a bad quality demo to intentionally be played on the radio? That cant be how it sounds on CD. Why not just leak the version with 'finishing touches'? This story just keeps getting stranger.

I don't think GNR / Merck leaked it.  But I think they are taking advantage of the situation.  Which makes sense, when you think about it.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2006, 11:34:27 PM »

maybe they're not gonna play the ones that have been leaked, but sth they got from gnr itself!?

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2006, 11:34:44 PM »

If this is true, it would explain why the radio stations are still playing IRS and why they haven't received a cease and desist letter. ?(assuming they haven't gotten one)

It does not explain the leaks, though. ?It states "track" as in one. ?

We'll just have to wait and see how all of this plays out. ? Undecided
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2006, 11:36:27 PM »

If management did, in fact, say to play the track in heavy rotation, calling it a "leak" --this may very well be the newly implemented marketing tactics that the guy from Adamstown heard about

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2006, 11:37:14 PM »

Knowing these are demos makes you want to hear the finished product, right?  So revealing some of what the sound is, and finding out how people like it, may help to tweak the songs to better effect.  I know it makes me want to hear the finished product all the much more.

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2006, 11:37:40 PM »

I don't think GNR / Merck leaked it.? But I think they are taking advantage of the situation.? Which makes sense, when you think about it.

-darknemus

Seems like they would wait for the rest of Better to leak, and authorize that for radio play, since it seems to be the most 'polished' of all the demos.

JustWckd
Rocker

It happened in my lifetime!!!

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2006, 11:38:03 PM »

I don't think GNR / Merck leaked it.  But I think they are taking advantage of the situation.  Which makes sense, when you think about it.

-darknemus

:werd:

Plus its getting pretty good buzz

12/27/11 Phoenix
04/08/16 Vegas!!!!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2006, 11:47:48 PM »

I just hope this isn't what Axl meant when he said, "You'll hear music this year." 
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2006, 11:52:15 PM »

I just hope this isn't what Axl meant when he said, "You'll hear music this year."?

LOL...wow...I never did think of that through this whole thing.   I'd like to think that statement was not intented for the leaks but good pointing out.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2006, 11:57:25 PM »

Maybe they are paying attention to all the feedback on the different leaks to determine which song they want to make an "official" release for the first single?

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2006, 11:57:48 PM »

Let me preface this by saying, I don't discount the story completely; I think the problem is easily found in the details.

1st, it's pretty well established that I-Scope and Sanctuary NY have relationships with Entercom, CC, etc. ?Secondly, they have pull with the PD's. ?I am sure that after the leak happened, they received phone calls asking for a back scratch. ?They are scratching. ?Never pass up an opportunity, esp. in Sanctuary's financial position, to get free marketing and buzz! ?But, a Saturday morning meeting of PD's is utter BS. ?I was at an Entercom office Thursday and Friday this week. ?Trust me, the PD's are gone by noon on Friday, either with the family or sipping on Red Bull's and Vodka at the local pub. ?

All it took was a phone call, even for GNR. ? I am also sure, it was made clear--IRS only, and if the DJ's played TWAT, let them know we don't like that as much and might not bring the blonde they like to the next mixer if they do keep playing it. ?
axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2006, 11:58:39 PM »

I don't think GNR / Merck leaked it. ?But I think they are taking advantage of the situation. ?Which makes sense, when you think about it.
I still wonder if someone associated with the record company is the one who leaked it to "push" Axl into some sort of action. This is something I thought might happen a year or two ago, but it is obviously counter-productive if the wheels were already in motion in any way.

It is true that this "accident" could be a nice start to the promotion of CD (round one if you will). Then you take advantage by following up with the first single, which everyone is already salivating for and which just so happens to be on the soundtrack to the Da Vinci Code and on CD. ?Grin

However, I will believe it when I see it because all we have ever seen from GNR regarding this album is more delays. This just doesn't seem to be how they operate.

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: