Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 06:25:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  IRS single in March?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: IRS single in March?  (Read 8571 times)
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2006, 08:09:43 PM »

Maybe the leak sped up release plans-let's hope so ok

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2006, 08:11:07 PM »

At this point it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to release a finished version of IRS on iTunes or something.  It's getting played on radio across the country and fans are going to be looking to download it.  They may as well put a totally clean, finished version on iTunes.  With the current hunger for new GnR material I bet if it continued to get radio play it'd get at least 500,000 to 1,000,000 digital sales even if it's not an official single
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2006, 08:11:11 PM »

EH who knows the final track list.. Maddy and CD could be dropped.. Hell they album could have a new name... Who knows.. Merck doesnt bridge the gap of communication between Axl and us like he should.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
RitzWalker8
Rocker

I love my Pancreas!!!

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2006, 08:12:02 PM »

Maybe, the radio guy is confusing a listed GNR single in March with the new I.R.S. leak. ?Maybe he is just assuming it will I.R.S. and perhaps it will be a different song. ?Just a posibbility. ?

Ritz Reeves III
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2006, 08:13:22 PM »

With the current hunger for new GnR material I bet if it continued to get radio play it'd get at least 500,000 to 1,000,000 digital sales even if it's not an official single

That is plausibe and would be massive for GNR.  Especially if a demo version got that kind of attention. ok

Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2006, 08:20:29 PM »

I've said before,  March would be a great time for a single to drop, June would be perfect timing for CD to hit the market. yes

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2006, 08:21:16 PM »

A single or OST song would be ideal right now.

Get a product out there that people can buy.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2006, 08:23:44 PM »

I was going to ask if there has been any confirmation on this matter,but I already know what it will be. Something real simple like this "no" hihi

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2006, 01:08:31 AM »

TBH all I've seen here on the boards makes me wish Axl would turn to AOR (Album Orientated Rock for all you kiddies too young to remember bands like Pink Floyd in musical presentation). Let the albums speak for themselves, fuck the kids of today who live and die about who's #1 in the singles charts. The singles charts are in a sad way these days with the Britney, Cletus and Fetus whores who THINK they know REAL music from the manufactured shot they put out.

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
gnr lives on
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2006, 01:10:32 AM »

which member on mygnrforum was this posted by??
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2006, 01:13:58 AM »

IRS is a decent song, but whatever the single is it has to be the best song they have.

Remember, people are going to judge the first single against not only the 10 year wait, but against Guns biggest and best songs.

So releasing something that may be better than most of what is out doesn't do diddly for Axl. The first single will be looked at in a "was this worth a 10 year wait for" light. So it needs to be the absolute best song the New Guns recorded.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2006, 01:15:56 AM »

i listened to the extended better and.... it`s nearly impossible to make better songs that that ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2006, 01:16:06 AM »

I don't know what you guys are hearing when you listen to Better....I just don't hear an amazing song.  Its just not a rocker to me...theres no attitude or "danger" to it.  But like I always say, to each their own and it seems I'm in the minority here so....

IRS, if sped up and the guitars get some work, could be a total kick ass song IMO.

TWAT owns all right now as far as I'm concerned.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2006, 01:18:16 AM by HannaHat » Logged

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2006, 01:25:13 AM »

I don't know what you guys are hearing when you listen to Better....I just don't hear an amazing song.? Its just not a rocker to me...theres no attitude or "danger" to it.? But like I always say, to each their own and it seems I'm in the minority here so....

IRS, if sped up and the guitars get some work, could be a total kick ass song IMO.

TWAT owns all right now as far as I'm concerned.

TWAT seems like a disjointed, uncompleted song.  I am having a real tough time thinking it's going to win many people over outside of these boards.  I am reading on non-GNR boards people's reactions, and basically it's ah, well people are not even getting through it.

Better is a hit.  That should be the 1st single!  It would really turn on the younger rock crowd, and the old GNR fans at the same time!
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2006, 01:31:48 AM »

The best example for a re-introductory 1st single needs to be a bridge that melds Axl's current vision with just enough threads of the GNR people recall...now, which song it might be is beyond me to say.
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2006, 03:00:32 AM »

I love IRS but why not Better or TWAT?  I think these would have a better chance of grabbing people.
Z
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2006, 04:18:59 PM »

It's a quiet way to sneak it out there but IRS is the 1st single.   That's not a demo, it is the finished product.

You'll see the album at the beginning of springtime because it's finished.

Axl sounds better than ever.  From one who's been with them from the very beginning, the sound has been worth the wait.
Colt 1911
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2006, 04:35:59 PM »

Better would be a kick ass single so would the blues. But i agree it was played at every show and lets hear something we havent like full version of better or something that wasnt leaked. It doesnt have to be a hard rockn song just a kick ass song and twat and better kick ass.
axlschild
Headliner

..when your taking to yourself..and nobody's home

« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2006, 04:50:56 PM »

IMO

i always thought that "catcher in the rye" was gonna be the lead single...
much like we always knew about "chinese democracy" being the album...
if a single was about to come out i dont think it will be anything we have heard, even though i think "better" or "twat" would be good...
i think "twat" will be a single one day, personal song...Axl will want the world to feel it

Don't play your guitar when your talking to me...

Milton Keynes '93
Leeds '02
Download '06
Sheffield '06
Nottingham '06
Leeds '10
Birmingham '12
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2006, 04:53:53 PM »

IRS would be a poor choice for a single in my view

Its the poorest of the new bunch i reckon - just an average rock song, not bad but it certainly doesnt hail the second coming of a rock giant

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: