Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 04:23:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  IRS single in March?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: IRS single in March?  (Read 8542 times)
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2006, 04:57:00 PM »

People keep saying that we have heard 6 out of the 13 songs on CD but dont forget we are the diehard fans looking and searching for new songs and info.....Most people that i know think guns are over and havent even heard CD Blues or maddy..so really its not as bad a u say..not many people have heard the new songs .. peace

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2006, 05:01:50 PM »

Look at the reaction this leak has gotten! Right now the words 'New Guns n Roses song' will make anything a hit, at least in terms of airplay. it doesnt matter how 'good' we percieve it to be all that matters is that it gets airplay, and the more airplay it gets, the more apt it is to become liked-if only because the radio-listening public wants to be associated with something that is 'popular'. ?how do you think musical mediocrity is spread nowadays? people want to be seen as with whatever is believed to be cool. the best way to make soemthing cool is to to repeat it constantly until its so ingrained in peoples heads that they need to have it or be associated with it. marketing psychology at its finest.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Z
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2006, 05:45:14 PM »

FYI, there is also a song called "Headwound" making the rounds that is NOT one of the leaked GN'R tunes.

To whomever said, "and you are???".......it's says Z does it not player?!?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2006, 05:46:29 PM »

Hope it does and I hope beter is the first song, it is the only song getting any good feedback outside of this forum (well the ones I posted the 3 links on)
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2006, 05:46:52 PM »

FYI, there is also a song called "Headwound" making the rounds that is NOT one of the leaked GN'R tunes.

What do you mean by this?  how is it not leaked?  or do you mean it wasn't on the disc?

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2006, 05:48:02 PM »

IRS would be a poor choice for a single in my view

Its the poorest of the new bunch i reckon - just an average rock song, not bad but it certainly doesnt hail the second coming of a rock giant

agreed, take bucket out at the end and it's quite average
DOASHK
p00p yea
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2006, 06:05:29 PM »

if irs is selected as a single i will take that as a sign that chinese democracy sucks
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2006, 06:13:13 PM »

IRS rocks. Hard.

If it's gonna be the first single, that's fine with me.  peace
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2006, 06:27:49 PM »

irs is cool but i think better would rock as a first single.

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2006, 06:33:47 PM »

The Blues is a guaranteed hit single, that should be their first single
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2006, 06:36:25 PM »

They need a hard rocker for the first single. The Blues or Better isn't that... If they choose Better I think a lot of people would turn their back against GnR. Heavy Rocker is what they need.. Hopefully its something we didnt hear yet.. Maybe IRS.. IRS as a finished product will be pretty damn good.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2006, 06:39:14 PM »

IRS rocks. Hard.

If it's gonna be the first single, that's fine with me.? peace

IRS, grows on one like fine wine. ?Most great music does, it creeps into your psyche. ?I cannot wait to here the final studio version. ?The demo is going over fairly well. ?People like it.

Better, also would be ?a good single. ?
gnrkid03
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2006, 06:39:49 PM »

If IRS is the single, I think its to create some buzz.  Then the 2nd single will be the one that really kicks people's asses
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2006, 06:40:01 PM »

They need a hard rocker for the first single. The Blues or Better isn't that... If they choose Better I think a lot of people would turn their back against GnR. Heavy Rocker is what they need.. Hopefully its something we didnt hear yet.. Maybe IRS.. IRS as a finished product will be pretty damn good.

They need a single that will get played on mainstream radio stations, not just rock stations, so that GnR is exposed to the masses again.  What they should do is put out "The Blues" with a hard rocker on the B-side, so they have a hard rock song playing on rock stations and "The Blues" as their crossover song with a video
« Last Edit: February 18, 2006, 06:41:35 PM by ShotgunBlues1978 » Logged
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2006, 06:41:50 PM »

IRS for the pi day is not a bad idea.

And yes ARC the song rocks hard even when it's just an early demo. demo demo.

I love the vocal. drool
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2006, 06:44:02 PM »

Why? No matter what song you play.. Certain stations wont play it. You dont want GnR to become Simple Plan or a shitty band like that. GnR should be GnR. The Blues could be a SINGLE but not the first. They have to grab the audience by the balls and say heres Axl Rose after a decade still kicking your mother fucking ass.. Then after the audience is ready.. Axl should break out a Epic.. Think of the songs we havent heard.. They could blow The Blues out of the water. Fuck crossing over.. Rock needs GnR.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2006, 06:49:14 PM »

Why? No matter what song you play.. Certain stations wont play it. You dont want GnR to become Simple Plan or a shitty band like that. GnR should be GnR. The Blues could be a SINGLE but not the first. They have to grab the audience by the balls and say heres Axl Rose after a decade still kicking your mother fucking ass.. Then after the audience is ready.. Axl should break out a Epic.. Think of the songs we havent heard.. They could blow The Blues out of the water. Fuck crossing over.. Rock needs GnR.

Trust me, when the record label dumps $13,000,000 into an album they're very concerned about crossover  Cool

Releasing "The Blues" as a single wouldn't cause GnR to be "A Simple Plan".  "The Blues" is a very GnR song, releasing it as a single would be a smart move because it will be played on the radio a lot, and the purpose of singles is to generate hype and sell records.  GnR has a built in fanbase that's going to buy the album no matter what
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2006, 06:51:28 PM »

I didn't mean The Blues itself would make it that.. I just think the world is ready for Rock to step up and Axl can take the ball and run with it.. Hard rocker then The Blues or another epic when they get ready to your.. Add even more hype and fans..

www.rosesofvelvet.com
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2006, 06:57:16 PM »

I didn't mean The Blues itself would make it that.. I just think the world is ready for Rock to step up and Axl can take the ball and run with it.. Hard rocker then The Blues or another epic when they get ready to your.. Add even more hype and fans..

The Blues would be a nice 4th or 5th single.  Great song, but fairly vanilla, kind of like Yesterdays.  It's one that will always appeal to many ears, but does not have the fresh-sexy sound needed for the 1st two or three official singles.  The 2nd song released as a single will make or break this album.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2006, 07:01:55 PM »

Yeah I was just using The Blues as a reference... TWAT or The General.. Or Catcher.. We haven't heard the last two.. I think one of them will be the second..

www.rosesofvelvet.com
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: