Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 01:57:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  WHY ALL THESE THREADS??
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: WHY ALL THESE THREADS??  (Read 9708 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2006, 01:59:57 PM »

Yeah, where is Jarmo?

Merging new threads with old ones because people don't want to look on page two for the old one, so they start a new one asking about the same thing.? Roll Eyes

Everything would be so much easier if people just took a few minutes to browse the first three or four pages for the topic subjects to see if their question has already been asked/posted....

/jarmo
Good luck at getting this under control. Its turning into a madhouse. How many threads are needed to say you like Better or TWAT? There are two threads at the top of page 1 for that shit. And that guy creating 20 radio threads. Gimme a break. There was some good threads going, I go to the kitchen to get something to eat, and the first page is filled with new threads. Some of these people act like they've never been to a forum before.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2006, 02:01:15 PM »

heaven help jarmo if cd comes out.. The amount of threads and smooching will be unreal Cheesy
shaun
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2006, 02:01:54 PM »

...and why was my thread deleted?  Sad

all i said was, i liked the opening riff to Welcome to the Jungle  Smiley

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2006, 02:03:20 PM »

...and why was my thread deleted?? Sad

all i said was, i liked the opening riff to Welcome to the Jungle? Smiley

Probably merged or moved because it was about something that had already been discussed!

People need to start reading more instead of just posting.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2006, 02:05:20 PM »

Yeah, where is Jarmo?

Merging new threads with old ones because people don't want to look on page two for the old one, so they start a new one asking about the same thing.? Roll Eyes

Everything would be so much easier if people just took a few minutes to browse the first three or four pages for the topic subjects to see if their question has already been asked/posted....

/jarmo
Good luck at getting this under control. Its turning into a madhouse. How many threads are needed to say you like Better or TWAT? There are two threads at the top of page 1 for that shit. And that guy creating 20 radio threads. Gimme a break. There was some good threads going, I go to the kitchen to get something to eat, and the first page is filled with new threads. Some of these people act like they've never been to a forum before.

Suggestion - can't you make it so that members have to post a certain number of times before they can start threads?

Set the number at like 10 and then hopefully after the new members reply a few times, they'll become accustomed to the board and won't be compelled to start threads for topics that already have threads.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2006, 02:06:45 PM »

That way we'll get hundreds of: "Yeah", "LOL" and " hihi " posts...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2006, 02:06:51 PM »

Something I saw earlier, but can't find it to give credit to the one who found this.

This should help with any posting questions you may have:

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2006, 02:07:31 PM »

People need to start reading more instead of just posting.

I have copyright to that thought in the 1st page. Stealing my thunder Cry

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
makane
Legend

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2006, 02:09:00 PM »

Something I saw earlier, but can't find it to give credit to the one who found this.

This should help with any posting questions you may have:

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php
That's from the "NEW board members READ THIS"
(which seems like no ones reading it  Wink )

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
makane
Legend

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2006, 02:10:14 PM »

seems like we have a new winner, gibbo!
why do you lock threads instead of deleting them?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2006, 02:12:13 PM by makane » Logged

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2006, 02:15:23 PM »

seems like we have a new winner, gibbo!
why do you lock threads instead of deleting them?

LOL i just saw that, Keep it up Jarmo!!! ok

Cuz if they delete them then the newbies post the same shit again thinking it got "lost" if they are locked with a reason then they learn yes

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2006, 08:57:46 PM »

Jarmo, it seems like you got it under control. Nice job. Did you have to ban any newbies? hihi Strange how the Mods were asleep at the wheel though.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2006, 09:02:17 PM »

A few lost their posting privileges....

/jarmo

Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2006, 09:13:33 PM »

Strange how the Mods were asleep at the wheel though.

Maybe the mods happen to have a life outside the Internet and don't want to spend their weekend pushing the F5 button every 2 minutes and browse through tons of stupid threads. I already spent most of my thursday and friday doing that, so now I'm taking a rest  Tongue

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2006, 09:28:49 PM »

Maybe the mods happen to have a life outside the Internet
You dont have to be so rude and fucking defensive. Should have been here the last 2 days with that attitude, and the looney takeover might not have occured. The looneys took over the asylum basically all friday night into saturday afternoon. It was just hard to believe that no mods were doing anything. Strange how some mods are always here basically all the time but when the shit hits the fan they all of a sudden "have a life".

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2006, 09:31:20 PM »

What the fuck? You think this is our job?

We do this in our free time!

Some days we have more of it, some days less.

If certain new posters didn't have a thing for the Start New Topic button, we'd have a bit more free time.

/jarmo

DOASHK
p00p yea
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2006, 09:36:04 PM »

yea i say we keep these threads to a minimum just incase we a pleasantly suprised by something like, ohhh the full version of better or something along those lines. that way we can tell whats goin on
lul
Headliner

« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2006, 09:44:50 PM »

just make these dudes mods  smoking

Time is wasted when you are wasted all the time
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2006, 09:48:11 PM »

Maybe the mods happen to have a life outside the Internet
You dont have to be so rude and fucking defensive. Should have been here the last 2 days with that attitude, and the looney takeover might not have occured. The looneys took over the asylum basically all friday night into saturday afternoon. It was just hard to believe that no mods were doing anything. Strange how some mods are always here basically all the time but when the shit hits the fan they all of a sudden "have a life".

I don't really see how what I said is rude and defensive. Did I hit a nerve? Really, you're the kind of person who has the ability to constantly piss me off. You might not have noticed, but I spent a lot of time thursday and friday locking and merging threads, deleting stuff, etc....I was the first mod to notice the situation and do something about it on thursday. But you probably didn't see that either.  And yes, we have other important things to do such as : work, eat, sleep, have a social life. Do you think we get paid for this? No we don't. So don't come fucking tell me what I have to do. When you wake up in the morning and there's 5 pages of new crappy threads, well it doesn't really make you want to go through all of them. Come to think of it, judging from the amount of time you spend here, you would probably be the kind of person who would do that  hihi  But I personnally have more interesting things to do. And I don't give a crap whether it suits Mr. James Lofton or not. If you're really tired of seeing new threads, just click on what you're really interested in and then hit the 'Mark as read" button. That's what I do for now and it suits me fine.
Now I realize I've been rude and defensive this time, but you're incredibly good at pushing people's buttons, you know....

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Ax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2006, 09:51:34 PM »

How about someone makes a FAQ thread with all the info that we know about the leaks and what has happened over the past couple of days and pins it at the top of the first page? That would probably cut down on the threads asking questions about the leaks that have already been discussed.

But we all knew that this chaos would occur when something actually happened in relation to gnr. We have been waiting for the flood of newbies for years and this is just the start. Wait until the cd is released and see the mess that this board will turn into, there's going to be a need for a lot more mods that's for sure.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: