Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 12:39:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Something weird about radio playing these - no one is asking them to stop?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Something weird about radio playing these - no one is asking them to stop?  (Read 5901 times)
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2006, 07:26:51 AM »

Seems really odd to me, GNR management is usually all about silence and suppression.

Only thing I can think of is that now that it's the weekend their response is slower than it would be during the week.

If we don't hear anything by the middle of next week, I will be stunned.

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

...i fell in love and baby...

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2006, 07:27:44 AM »

so merck asking fan sites to stop the leaking was bullshit?
i don't buy this.
never say never though when it comes to gnr.

i see the light at the end, but everytime i take a step, it gets dim... tell me is this hell we're living in? if so, heaven's gotta be better, but if we're hellbound, whatever, it's going down.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2006, 07:27:49 AM »

yep. at teh same time, it's wierd the management asked us not to link to the songs. wierd indeed. indeed. marketing is at another level here. Smiley

Kaybee
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2006, 07:28:20 AM »

It is odd, but this whole week has been odd re: Guns n Roses!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2006, 07:30:32 AM »

Great post, Dark. It is very strange. Ever since the stations have been playing them, I['ve expected to see news that they were forced to pull the songs from rotation. Maybe the instant buzz and positive response stopped management from intervening.

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2006, 07:31:09 AM »

Has anyone actually received a letter from management or something to ask them not to share links...? All I've seen is people saying they got an email and Mysteron's post. I'm not saying I don't believe them, but that's just kinda odd.

Origen
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2006, 07:31:53 AM »

Axl released the demos

That's the only reason I can think of to why the radio stations are still playing the songs, and that the responce to remove links from the internet is to not raise suspicion because that is what you would expect them to say.

We get nothing for YEARS and all of a sudden we have all this (tour rumours, lots of Axl sightings, Axl photos leaked songs). It can't be coincidence
Megaguns
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2006, 07:32:56 AM »

this is totally different, this time they have no control, its a direct internet leak, not some radio station playing it once. Maybe we have heard nothing from them because they cant figure out a way to stop it. and they cant. Its such a crime you know its TRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2006, 07:33:25 AM »

i don't buy this.
never say never though when it comes to gnr.

No, I am certain they asked fan sites to not do it, not share links, etc.  Probably because they don't want it done so blatantly 'on the surface'.  (Not to mention they HAVE to aggressively protect their intellectual property..its always that way..I'm not sure of the legalities there, but something about if you don't always fight infringement activities, you somehow risk it going into the public domain)

However, I'm cetain that they ALSO know that all of these fans are sending links / files back and forth behind the scenes over and over and over again, even if the boards are jumping all over link posting.  (Which I feel they should do, btw - the boards shouldn't assume risk as a contributory party)

However - the radio thing is different.  It strikes me really weird.. especially given their reaction to Trunk.  Its like, telling your kid no and scolding him but then 5 minutes later slipping him a cookie anyway behind mom's back, you know?  Just weird.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
DaNutz
Headliner

Seriously fuck off

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2006, 07:33:58 AM »

MOST radio stations these days are owned in some capacity be CLEAR CHANNEL.

Seems as if a single cease order would be enough to stop it.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2006, 07:34:23 AM »

too bad the whole word doesnt care. we only have ourselves to talk to Wink

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2006, 07:34:41 AM »

This can mean only one thing...invasion.

I really hope we hear the big new we are all waiting for soon. I mean soon as in soon. As in the next few days.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2006, 07:45:36 AM »

A couple more quick things.  RE: Management being slow because its a weekend.

A. When the Trunk thing happened that Labor Day night (or was it the Sunday before Labor day?  Sorry, its early and I don't exactly recall) - Management was over it like white on rice within MINUTES.

B. Merck carries a blackberry for a reason - he's "constantly" wired.  As are most CEO's of most companies.  I know that, in the past, he's put the kabosh on rumors at all hour of the day / night, regardless of the day of the week.

C. Guess what, if someone was hacking my servers at work - weekend or not, they'd damn well want me to respond.  Business doesn't just "stop running" at 5:00 on Friday every week.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2006, 07:47:41 AM »

This is odd, and a bit peculiar, but after all that was putinto this album monaterily , maybe this is the kinda promotion they want, cost then nothing, reaction for the most part has been overwelmingly positve, whats missing is what will be the first single.

Now think about this, what if all we heard are not on CD? What if outta the 8 tuners we have heard over the last yrs arent on CD, and a single we hear is totally from left field? Just speculation on my part, but I do love all I heard, and outa the last 3 IRS is teh weakest of the 3.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2006, 07:48:18 AM »

C. Guess what, if someone was hacking my servers at work - weekend or not, they'd damn well want me to respond. Business doesn't just "stop running" at 5:00 on Friday every week.

Well, especially since the first leaks happened during the night from thursday to friday.

echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2006, 07:48:45 AM »

That is certianly true Dark, but maybe something of this magnitude requires more input from the band and a collaboration between them and management before making a response ...

It's about all I can think of, really, other than that they wanted this leaked, which I do not think is the case, based on their past stands on these types of issues.

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2006, 08:10:44 AM »

Great posts, all of them.

However, the most obvious reasoning sometimes it's been overlooked. 3 years ago management stop IRS to be played on radio cause Cd was not even close of being released. It was not in GNR interest to have radio stations all over the country playing a new gnr song when they have nothing to follow up with. No tour, no singles, no album...I guess they'd already learnt the hard way in 2002 when the tour cancelled. All that buzz then for nothing....

Now things have changed. We are in 2006. Since early in the year, all events lead to an inmediate album release. Axl being in the public eye again a few times, GNR playing CD in a NY club, Da Vinci Soundtrack rumor, the leaks...it's obvious that something is building up.

I believe GNR is behind these leaks simply because is a very cheap way to test the waters. Hey, the internet works wonders for this, so why not leak a few demos from a few years back and see the reaction from the members of a few boards. Hell, in this board there are more than 18 pages dedicated to each song! That's plenty of feedback right there. One may wonder, yes, but the links are no longer posted on the site, true, but this is supposed to be a leak, it can't be too obvious. Hey, go to HTGTH and download the songs from the "download leaks thread".? That will be too easy / obvious.

Yes, people are sending pm's back and forth but it's our decission to pm the links. It's not like this site should be responsible for that. Jarmo has done what he's been asked and delete all posts from the board contending the links.

As for the radio stations playing the songs, again, it's a very cheap way to bring GNR back in the public eye (or ear) again. They are demos and it may not be the best way to present your final product, but hey, the songs are been played and people are responding in a positive manner.

This is what GNR needed, a little bit of free exposure. Like Darknemus said, a $10million budget doesn't beat this kind of free advertising.

So yeah, GNR is behind the leaks and no, for the time being, it's not in their interest to stop radio playing the new songs. Why? So far so good...

« Last Edit: February 18, 2006, 08:12:37 AM by Ignatius » Logged
sandman
Legend

« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2006, 10:25:20 AM »

is it possible that these clips just spread too quickly to too many stations that it became difficult to control and end it?

these are spreading electronically, not via an actual cd.

just a thought, i'm confused.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
lookingforbigfoot
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2006, 10:51:58 AM »

Not that we're all little kids here....

But what's the best way to make someone do something you want them to do?

TELL THEM NOT TO DO IT!!

Remember the old saying - rules are made to be broken.  That saying wouldn't have been around for so long if it wasn't true.  And of course like Dark was saying - it protects them in court etc in the future for copywrite issues etc if they show they adamatly 'disapprove' of things.

Either that or things just ballooned so large so quickly that there was no way in hell to contain it and rather than looking like douches and suing the pants of their meal ticket (ie the media) after a failed tour and such they're bending over on this one...

Probably a combination of both....
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2006, 10:56:43 AM »

Someone must be taking President's Day weekend off (katrina).  How ironic. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: