Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:23:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Anyone think Slash and Duff feel vindicated now?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone think Slash and Duff feel vindicated now?  (Read 1806 times)
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: February 18, 2006, 12:51:20 AM »

Having heard TWAT, IRS and part of better, songs like this aren't why they left the band. I get the sense from songs like this Axl realized that going the OMG/silkworms direction wasn't going to work, so he has moved back to a style that actually sounds like GNR.

S/D would have certainly played on an album of songs like the ones we heard, and I have a feeling if Axl had never gone down the OMG route they may still be in the band.

These are great songs, but nothing really out of the box. For all the talk of evolving, it seems like in the year 2006 A/S/D are all in the same musical ballpark even though they have taken drastically different paths getting there.
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 12:53:15 AM »

Even though they are not anywhere near Oh My God in all the sounds etc.
I still do not see Slash playing these songs.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 12:53:27 AM »

Why would they feel vindicated? If anything they are probably kicking themselves for doubting Axl has the visionary skills to update the guns sound.
Flyguy_1ca
Rocker

"Cursing is for ignorant mother-$#@^&*

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006, 12:54:28 AM »

I dunno, Axl did say that the 1st album will be more old school GNRish...then get progressively away from that into new territory...some of the old GNR fans will like it and go with it...others will get lost on the way.  Meanwhile, new fans will emerge.  At least that was the plan.  Who knows now.  I hope some of the new song style like "Better" "TWAT" stay around...that's a great sound for the band.

"Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience."
sergitou
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006, 12:54:49 AM »

Having heard TWAT, IRS and part of better, songs like this aren't why they left the band. I get the sense from songs like this Axl realized that going the OMG/silkworms direction wasn't going to work, so he has moved back to a style that actually sounds like GNR.

S/D would have certainly played on an album of songs like the ones we heard, and I have a feeling if Axl had never gone down the OMG route they may still be in the band.

These are great songs, but nothing really out of the box. For all the talk of evolving, it seems like in the year 2006 A/S/D are all in the same musical ballpark even though they have taken drastically different paths getting there.

Sorry dude... but listen carefully the new songs and you will realise that they have a lot of additions... and That means little computer drums.., a lot of guitar layers etc,...., Slash & Duff wouldn't have waited for those songs...., they bet for basic music
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2006, 12:55:44 AM »

i guess slash and uff will be pleasantly surprised. i`m dying to hear their reaction to CD.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2006, 12:58:34 AM »

I think that Gn'R is going to become different.

IMO Axl is leading us into a new realm carefully. 

This material sounds like an updated / modern Gn'R, but I think 2 records down the line from Chinese Demo. Gn'R will sound very different and even more modern and perhaps even define modern.

I think Slash and Duff are happy they left because they couldn't stand being in Gn'R anymore.  I don't think it was a music thing that caused them to leave, I think it was a personallity thing, they needed to get out.

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2006, 12:59:48 AM »

They will say nothing but nice things. ?VR will probably still be a better live band and GNR the better studio band. ?Axl still can't sing live anymore. ?Axl on You Got No Right would be magic. ?Slash on Twat would be amazing. ?Both are great on their own. ?its nuts. ?I still want to hear Axl in an all out rocker like Slither. ?
parisrocks
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2006, 01:00:50 AM »

No.
cubsfan77
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2006, 01:03:00 AM »

Twat is better than anything VR has ever done. Without question
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2006, 01:05:43 AM »

I think Slash and Duff are happy they left because they couldn't stand being in Gn'R anymore.  I don't think it was a music thing that caused them to leave, I think it was a personallity thing, they needed to get out.

This is my understanding of why they left too.  Plus I don't think they could handle the long wait either.  As for if they are kicking themselves...I don't know.  So far every new solo I have heard kicks any VR solo (exception of Slither, the only above avg VR song if you ask me).

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2006, 01:10:38 AM »

rofl   hell no   rofl

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »