Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 04:24:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  ONe has to wonder if Interscope is playing their hand?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: ONe has to wonder if Interscope is playing their hand?  (Read 1948 times)
Minneapolisnewsman
« on: February 17, 2006, 11:49:39 PM »

This is counterintuitive, but I wonder if they (Interscope) are ready to get the album out!  Although, I have not quite thought through this completely, one has to wonder if they are going to leak enough material to scare the band into releasing the album.

Who knows, this maybe a war between labels.  Weird, but it seems someone with access to the material is either pissed, has a motive to force a release, or is doing this to pique the hype for a release?

Kaybee
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 11:51:57 PM »

I kinda buy the theory that Axl has been going to a lot of clubs lately and has left a few copies around.? Grin

lol same.
TK1
Headliner

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 11:52:35 PM »

Didn't Dark mention something like this long ago? ?I thought I remembered him saying something about how a label may 'leak' parts of new material to pressure the band to set a release date. ?I also think I remember him predicting a March release date awhile ago as well. ?Maybe (hopefully) he was on to something! ?Or, maybe he just talks to Slash ?Grin
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 11:53:09 PM »

I kinda buy the theory that Axl has been going to a lot of clubs lately and has left a few copies around.? Grin

lol same.

If that's the case, he has really f****d himself!
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 11:53:24 PM »

This is counterintuitive, but I wonder if they (Interscope) are ready to get the album out!  Although, I have not quite thought through this completely, one has to wonder if they are going to leak enough material to scare the band into releasing the album.

Who knows, this maybe a war between labels.  Weird, but it seems someone with access to the material is either pissed, has a motive to force a release, or is doing this to pique the hype for a release?

Someone is leaking this album. piece by piece. and theyre doing it to force a release. who? i dont know. but its happening.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
SonofAGun
Rocker

Original fan Circa 87, Shaq and Roses?

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2006, 11:55:34 PM »

I bet he was smashed and left the CD at the coat check at the strip bar in Vegas (they actually do have coat checks at strip bars there!)

LOL.
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2006, 11:56:17 PM »

This is counterintuitive, but I wonder if they (Interscope) are ready to get the album out!? Although, I have not quite thought through this completely, one has to wonder if they are going to leak enough material to scare the band into releasing the album.

Who knows, this maybe a war between labels.? Weird, but it seems someone with access to the material is either pissed, has a motive to force a release, or is doing this to pique the hype for a release?

Someone is leaking this album. piece by piece. and theyre doing it to force a release. who? i dont know. but its happening.

Sanctuary cannot be happy. ?At this point I'm pissed.
alexh0618
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2006, 11:57:48 PM »

I think Axl knew what he was getting himself into by playing Promo CDs at clubs.
Just a thought off topic, do you think the person/people leaking this could trade some "unleaked" songs for a Vegas 01/01/01 dvd?
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2006, 11:58:07 PM »

Sanctuary cannot be happy.  At this point I'm pissed.

But how could they not have been prepared for this? every major release from a big artist since the dawn of Naspter has leaked early-this is the most anticipated record of the last 15 years...surely, they should have known!

---Nick Nasty--

Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2006, 12:14:02 AM »

Sanctuary cannot be happy.? At this point I'm pissed.

But how could they not have been prepared for this? every major release from a big artist since the dawn of Naspter has leaked early-this is the most anticipated record of the last 15 years...surely, they should have known!

Obviously something is up, when the major rock stations are playing the song without being worried about reprecussions.  They have had to of talked with mgt. by now.  Maybe this is coming out?
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2006, 12:17:23 AM »

Obviously something is up, when the major rock stations are playing the song without being worried about reprecussions.  They have had to of talked with mgt. by now.  Maybe this is coming out?

Funny you bring up the radio stations playing these without fear:

2 full TWATS- perhaps one is a radio edit?

either we're getting the full record or a radio promo disc.

im starting think march is the word.

---Nick Nasty--

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2006, 12:21:14 AM »

If it's not trunk then it is either

1) a huge mistake by axl in which he left something lying around

2) a disgruntled label or sound engineer who copied himself some old tracks, perhaps before the label pulled the plug

Axl is not a happy camper tonight

lisa reed neither

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2006, 12:22:34 AM »

Obviously something is up, when the major rock stations are playing the song without being worried about reprecussions.? They have had to of talked with mgt. by now.? Maybe this is coming out?

TWAT is an idea, and not a completed song. ?Besides us at this site, it is not ready for the public, and would most likely not be very well received by rock dj's. ?IRS is ready, and Better is as well.

I was real excited about this the other night, but now I am getting bummed, and I think Axl might get so pissed at his fans "biting the hand that feeds," that he packs it in for good. ?Sanctuary is already on the ropes, they do not need this to happen--unless they are going for an insuarance claim of some sort.
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2006, 12:22:44 AM »

If it's not trunk then it is either

1) a huge mistake by axl in which he left something lying around

2) a disgruntled label or sound engineer who copied himself some old tracks, perhaps before the label pulled the plug

Axl is not a happy camper tonight

lisa reed neither

I don't think axl has the time to camp around now..

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2006, 12:26:15 AM »

I was real excited about this the other night, but now I am getting bummed, and I think Axl might get so pissed at his fans "biting the hand that feeds," that he packs it in for good.  Sanctuary is already on the ropes, they do not need this to happen--unless they are going for an insuarance claim of some sort.

Well, if Axl told people to stop-not thru merck-himself-and assured them the album will be out very soon then i think more people would honor the no leak rule. if he packs it in because of leaks then that is a sad legacy to have.

---Nick Nasty--

Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2006, 12:29:17 AM »

I was real excited about this the other night, but now I am getting bummed, and I think Axl might get so pissed at his fans "biting the hand that feeds," that he packs it in for good.? Sanctuary is already on the ropes, they do not need this to happen--unless they are going for an insuarance claim of some sort.

Well, if Axl told people to stop-not thru merck-himself-and assured them the album will be out very soon then i think more people would honor the no leak rule. if he packs it in because of leaks then that is a sad legacy to have.

Well, if your masterpiece--your personal artisitic masterpiece, was sabotaged or stolen (your life so to speak), you would be pissed too.   Hopefully, it's the label priming everyone, and it's only Better, TWAT, and IRS on the CD. 

Can anyone, Nemus maybe, confirm what they are hearing is floating around?

NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2006, 12:35:17 AM »

Well, if your masterpiece--your personal artisitic masterpiece, was sabotaged or stolen (your life so to speak), you would be pissed too.   Hopefully, it's the label priming everyone, and it's only Better, TWAT, and IRS on the CD.

No question id be pissed-but my response would be to get the product out ASAP and tell every leaker to kiss my ass-if he's playing this at nudie bars, then it must be done-and he would do his best to get it our. the digital age sucks for artists who are protective of their work, but its the nature of the beast now....i hope the leaks have stopped, that theyve at least shown that the material is going to be well recieved, and that now is the time to start up the gnr machine. i dont think merck is sleeping right now..........

---Nick Nasty--

Bubba St. Rose
Headliner

Jim Norton is my dad. O&A Party Rocks!

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2006, 12:37:46 AM »

I tend to agree with this dude. I'd be willing to be a radio promo disc got into the wrong hands. And to the other guy who said TWAT was not done, are you deaf? The version I have sounds better than anything I've heard on the radio in 10 years. On my car stereo, however, IRS sounds like shit. So who knows. I know this, if they released TWAT as a single it'd top the charts instantly. Fucking great.

Opie and Anthony XM Satellite Radio 202 High Voltage Spread the Virus
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2006, 12:38:46 AM »

March iTunes release seems more and more likely doesn't it???

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2006, 12:40:30 AM »

March iTunes release seems more and more likely doesn't it???

Im seeing March very clearly now.

---Nick Nasty--

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: