Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 06:26:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl and Management are among us, two nights in a row
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl and Management are among us, two nights in a row  (Read 12488 times)
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2006, 09:15:10 PM »

Axl, march your ass right over to Rolling Stone, grab the cover you deserve, guns to your left, roses to your right, garbed like a king on a golden fuckin throne.  Talk about the release date you announced February 20th, 2006 and the new single premiering in the soundtrack of The Davinci Code. 

Seriously, thank you for the quality...that goes for you, Robin, Richard, Tommy, Brain, Dizzy, and Chris.

Cool

PS  Send Tom & Katie, and Brad and Jen some sweet Chinese Democracy gear.  Let's get this mf'in message out to the masses!!!   Wink

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2006, 09:19:05 PM »

10 Years.

I've always had a problem getting past that. ?10 Years. ?It took Michelangelo only 4 to paint the Sistene Chapel. ?I know..changing faces, what have you. ?But it's always nagged at me that it could take anyone 10 years to put together an album. ?I honestly expected there was some sort of writers block...or that Axl just might not be able to hack it without Izzy (and Slash and Duff to a lesser extent).

In '02, I heard The Blues, Maddy, and CD. ?It restored some faith, I'll be honest. ?But I still wondered...if that was it. ?If that was his whole "load".

As the years passed, I continued to wonder....as we got further and further down the line with no info, no concrete dates, and not a word from the band....well, I felt just like many of you did. ?I wondered how it could possibly live up to the hype that surrounded it. ?This album was Brian Wilsons fucking Smile on steroids.

Now, I know better. ?This stuff is just amazing. ?Not "good", not "adequate"...amazing. ?What blows me away is, with those 6 tracks..there's not one I would call "filler". ?Some are stronger than others, but...on anyone else's album, any of those songs alone would be a lead single..and it woudl do VERY well.

We now know how Axl has spent the last 10 years. ?He's spent it crafting unbelieveably good music. ?These are fucking DEMO'S and they're better than 99% of the crap on the radio today.

Way to go Axl. ?Way to fucking go. ?And I'm sorry that, for one second, I doubted you. ?You were right. ?And this stuff kicks ass, and was worth the wait. ?I will be standing in line (if there is a line) on day one to buy my CD at the local record store...something I haven't done, and I'll bet many others haven't done, since the UYI albums came out.

I've used up my illusion...anyone want it? ?Cause reality's looking SOOOO much better than I expected it would.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Elrothiel
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2006, 12:28:18 AM »

I hear that Pilferk!! beer

Although about the "better than 99% of the crap on the radio" comment....
That'z not REALLY a compliment, as seriously... a 4 year old child could better what's being played on the radio! ok yes Cool

To Axl, if he is indeed going to be reading this: I LOVE the new stuff!!! As a fan of the old stuff, I originally thought I'd find it difficult to like the new stuff without comparing it to the old, but I do! I LOVE it! I had to listen to T.W.A.T. on a loop for almost the whole night last night. I couldn't help it. I had to! Every time I listened to it I cried no matter how much I tried not to! My little brother heard it too, and he's 14. He also loved it... although he didn't cry as he hasn't been a fan for as long as I have, but he did get all happy after listening and he wouldn't stop smiling for all of today... except for when he went to sleep for an hour in the middle of the day... I suspect he also stayed up all night listening to it... hehe, aww!
Also, ya know what, I couldn't give two shits about the amount of time its taken to create this album. Time is irrelevant! I'm just glad that Gn'R still exist so that I still have a chance to see you guys live. FUCK the haters, FUCK the non-believers, and FUCK the insulters! You are and will always be a legend who deserves more fucking respect than any other musician around. Period.

beer
I don't care how much these bastard earphones hurt, I'll listen all night!

(To any hater cunt out there who thinks I'm asskissing here: A big fat FUCK YOU!)

LONG LIVE GUNS N' ROSES! peace
warrocks
VIP

Dance Of Fate....we're not afraid...

« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2006, 12:19:59 PM »

if you put the album out axl?,...I'll make you cornpie  hihi rofl hihi

..... Till Death Do us Apart.....GNR forever!
Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2006, 02:32:01 PM »

Im starting to think, that these songs that are being leaked are being leaked for a reason, and they might not even end up on the record, Uncle Axl is plannin something, He said 26 songs are done of 32 these might not even be fully finsihed.

Maybe something like this:

"Better" to be a soundtrack for a movie this year in like april... (?)/ with madagascar as a b-side on the actual single
TWAT is the only song featured on CD . First "real" single with IRS (song will NOT appear on the album) as a B-side in june..

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
gav
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2006, 03:19:11 PM »

Well if they are reading these pages, thank-you for making my life that much better. Simple as.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2006, 03:58:32 PM »

at this pont there are just under 100 members and around 100 guests on this board. ( not counting the VR board or off topic stuff)

I have never seen that mucth activity here before, you may have a point about mgmt watching us here.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2006, 05:51:05 PM »

I didn't enjoy Better that much... Hopefully the studio version will be BETTER. And IRS is... erm, okay.
But TWAT was the best. Great lyrics, not better than The Blues though.
I'm dying to listen to the studio version of The Blues. That song blew me up when I first heard it. I also enjoy Chinese Democracy quite a lot. Actually, Chinese Democracy used to be my favourite song, but I started to pay more attention to The Blues.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 11:28:30 AM by MandyGnR » Logged
a.
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2006, 07:50:23 PM »

Everyone, and I mean everyone, who I have shared these songs with are beyond amazed at how good they sound. I can't wait to have these cranked in my car this summer! Smiley

/The Revelator
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2006, 07:53:09 PM »

TWAT is the best song I've heard in years. Demo or not.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2006, 07:54:42 PM »

i'm down with that

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Elrothiel
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2006, 08:10:56 PM »

Ooooh yea! Me too!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2006, 10:59:41 PM »

Mysteron,

I saw where you just told RNT that what he says will get read here.  I must have hit the nail on the head when I started this thread.  So since they all read everything, we should continue to post comments to them in this thread.   

Better Rocks.  Oh yeah, they don't care what I think.   hihi  What is the deal with the lawsuit.  Was that part about the visit to Axl's house true or false?  Wasn't in other statements is why I ask.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2006, 11:01:56 PM »

If they are among us.. A) Merck, do you happen to like The Highlander Series cause you do look like the main star. B) We need a statement about he tour and album along with some new info on the band in general.. Maybe set up a website.. Its not hard.. Hire someone, snap some pics.. throw some new info and some updates and all we be well again.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
RichardNixon
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2006, 11:06:56 PM »

Dear Axl,

If you are here and are reading this, please release "Chinese Democracy" ASAP. I just found out I have a brain tumor and have only three months to live.

Thanks,
RichardNixon

P.S. I'm just joking about the tumor thing, but if you could release the album anyway. Thanks.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2006, 11:14:09 PM »

Dear Axl,

If you are here and are reading this, please release "Chinese Democracy" ASAP. I just found out I have a brain tumor and have only three months to live.

Thanks,
RichardNixon

P.S. I'm just joking about the tumor thing, but if you could release the album anyway. Thanks.

DickNixon, good one.  Merck/AX, why the fock are you in New York nonstop.  Are you recording?  Mixing? Acting in the Soprano's? 

First camp (VR or GNR) to give us an update wins!!!!!
RichardNixon
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2006, 11:16:58 PM »

GN'R have their first gig comming up in a few months, right? Surely there will be a press release befoer then, right? nervous
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 11:23:02 PM by RichardNixon » Logged
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2006, 11:20:14 PM »

I guess we will get the press release when they get the new guitar player and find all the band members.  Merck, print directions for Tommy, Richard, Brain, and Fink since they haven't been to Rehearse in 4 focking years.
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2006, 11:20:24 PM »

I have listened to IRS and full Better and love them to death. ?Can't listen to them only once and also cannot stop chairdancing while listening to them. ?My coworkers have confirmed I am insane, thank you very much!

I wait in eager anticipation for the album(s) and hope that it (or they) can be released in the near future. ?Some sort of statment in regards to a release would help me concentrate at work tremedously. ?Productivity is at an all time low at the present moment. ?I have up to now been able to resist listening to any more leaks, although links to them have been sent to me by other friendly GNR fans.

I am only human, however. ?Please consider a statment before my resolve breaks completely! ? Undecided

Grin
cindyscrazy

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2006, 11:22:00 PM »

GN'R have their first gig comming up i a few months, right? Surely there will be a press release befoer then, right? nervous

Yeah, 79 days to go now! ?peace

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: