Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:17:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  All doubts removed, CD will be a monster
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: All doubts removed, CD will be a monster  (Read 5043 times)
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2006, 09:58:20 PM »

These amazing tracks alongside Chinese Democacy, Madagascar and The Blues is going to make for one amazing album!!!!!!!!  drool

Agreed I hope the album comes out soon .

Cause I sure the finished version of these song are even better.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Karma_Police
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2006, 09:59:47 PM »

List 3 mainstream rock bands right now that are doing anything like this.? I understand, there are some great indie bands out there right now making great music, but most of the stuff they play on the radio is uninspired and boring.? The difference of course between these bands and GnR is that GnR has the power to raise the bar for everyone

Radiohead
U2
Audioslave

I know alot will disagree with me but Radiohead continuously makes amazing albums and nobody is doing anything like they are. U2 is massive and continue to inspire people through their music and they also don't sound like anyone else, and Audioslave is a great modern rock band that feels fresh in an era of stale overhyped flavour of the month rock bands. Grantid of these bands U2 is the only one who has a name to match Gn'R's. If you're looking for top 40 success then the name Guns N' Roses alone will possibly surpass these bands due to such a long period of inactivity, the hype will fuel sales. Musically It may surpass them but that's gonna be hard. Like I said nothing so far from the new material leads me to believe that it's gonna be anything groundbreaking or genre changeing. I like the new stuff but I'm just trying to be realistic. ?Like I said though I simply just disagree with your opinion. ? Cool

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2006, 10:03:10 PM »

audioslave? no offense, but that's just averade rock music. no way you can compare that to epic stuff like gnr.. never ever

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2006, 10:05:05 PM »

List 3 mainstream rock bands right now that are doing anything like this.  I understand, there are some great indie bands out there right now making great music, but most of the stuff they play on the radio is uninspired and boring.  The difference of course between these bands and GnR is that GnR has the power to raise the bar for everyone

Radiohead
U2
Audioslave

I know alot will disagree with me but Radiohead continuously makes amazing albums and nobody is doing anything like they are. U2 is massive and continue to inspire people through their music and they also don't sound like anyone else, and Audioslave is a great modern rock band that feels fresh in an era of stale overhyped flavour of the month rock bands. Grantid of these bands U2 is the only one who has a name to match Gn'R's. If you're looking for top 40 success then the name Guns N' Roses alone will possibly surpass these bands due to such a long period of inactivity, the hype will fuel sales. Musically It may surpass them but that's gonna be hard. Like I said nothing so far from the new material leads me to believe that it's gonna be anything groundbreaking or genre changeing. I like the new stuff but I'm just trying to be realistic.  Like I said though I simply just disagree with your opinion.   Cool

I see what you're saying.  GnR makes a different type of music than these bands I guess it's hard to compare and that's what I'm saying.  TWAT is a hard rock-ballad type song with a modern twist, combines great lyrics, great vocals, great guitar work, it's something that the marketplace has been lacking.  U2 and Radiohead are alternative, and I don' think U2's current material's as good as what I've heard from GnR but again that's about opinions.  Audioslave, good band but much like Velvet Revolver I don't think they really stand out from the crowd that much, they make good songs but I don't agree that their songs are as good as the new GnR ones.  But like you said it's all about opinion  ok
gnrkid03
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2006, 10:06:05 PM »

Doubts after hearing IRS.. some.  Doubts after hearing Better... less.  Doubts after hearing TWAT... NONE! beer
BabyGorilla
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2006, 10:17:12 PM »

Hmmm. There is a little band in the mainstream called Tool who has an album coming out shortly that will probably blow everything else away. These new GNR songs are on par with stuff from AudioSalve or System Of A Down. Definitely not revolutionary or genre-making.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: