Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:24:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  All doubts removed, CD will be a monster
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: All doubts removed, CD will be a monster  (Read 5028 times)
ShotgunBlues1978
« on: February 17, 2006, 09:23:25 PM »

I've always had faith in this album, but after hearing the TWAT demo, all doubt's been removed.  Axl Rose was always the mastermind and driving force behind Guns N Roses.  This album's gonna be the biggest album of the decade, and it's going to redefine the music scene.  There's no rock band out there today that's on this level, as a matter of fact there's no one even close
lul
Headliner

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 09:24:27 PM »

it wont be bigger then afd nor the illusions though im afraid..

Time is wasted when you are wasted all the time
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 09:26:03 PM »

13 tracks, what we've heard and are likely to be included:

-Better
-Chinese Democracy
-IRS
-Madagascar
-The Blues
-There Was a Time

Looking good.

peace
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 09:27:03 PM »

it wont be bigger then afd nor the illusions though im afraid..

It'll have a similar effect though.  Rock music's been going downhill for a while now, this album could resurrect it
Karma_Police
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 09:27:07 PM »

I've always had faith in this album, but after hearing the TWAT demo, all doubt's been removed.? Axl Rose was always the mastermind and driving force behind Guns N Roses.? This album's gonna be the biggest album of the decade, and it's going to redefine the music scene.? There's no rock band out there today that's on this level, as a matter of fact there's no one even close

Dude I apprecaite your enthusiasm but c'mon. ?No band out there on their level? No one even close? Redefine the music scene? ?No man, you're setting yourself up for a letdown.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2006, 09:29:06 PM »

I've always had faith in this album, but after hearing the TWAT demo, all doubt's been removed.  Axl Rose was always the mastermind and driving force behind Guns N Roses.  This album's gonna be the biggest album of the decade, and it's going to redefine the music scene.  There's no rock band out there today that's on this level, as a matter of fact there's no one even close

Dude I apprecaite your enthusiasm but c'mon.  No band out there on their level? No one even close? Redefine the music scene?  No man, you're setting yourself up for a letdown.

What's one visible band that's making music even close to this quality right now?  No one's even close.  This isn't exagerration, this is gonna be the biggest album of the decade.  Music has grown stale and stagnant, this stuff isn't like anything else out there right now
Chief
Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2006, 09:29:46 PM »

i'd agree there somewhat.. i dont think there are very many bands out there at all doing anything semi original , except for Tool.  there are a few others too i just can't think of them at the moment. but i think now and i have always thought that this album will be Huge!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2006, 09:30:07 PM »

After eharing TWAT, my doubts are few and far.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Evolution
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2006, 09:30:54 PM »

What's one visible band that's making music even close to this quality right now?

Not one, Chinese Democracy is going to be a classic.
conny
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2006, 09:31:36 PM »

Fuck me I'm getting hysterical this is gonna be HUGE!!!

TWAT is one of the best songs ever!!!!!!!!!!

You people LISTEN TO THIS!!!

THIS IS SOME OF THE BEST SHIT EVER!!!!

UNBELIEVEABLE!!!
Karma_Police
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2006, 09:35:13 PM »

I've always had faith in this album, but after hearing the TWAT demo, all doubt's been removed.? Axl Rose was always the mastermind and driving force behind Guns N Roses.? This album's gonna be the biggest album of the decade, and it's going to redefine the music scene.? There's no rock band out there today that's on this level, as a matter of fact there's no one even close

Dude I apprecaite your enthusiasm but c'mon.? No band out there on their level? No one even close? Redefine the music scene?? No man, you're setting yourself up for a letdown.

What's one visible band that's making music even close to this quality right now?? No one's even close.? This isn't exagerration, this is gonna be the biggest album of the decade.? Music has grown stale and stagnant, this stuff isn't like anything else out there right now

Serioulsy? You have got to be kididng me? There are tons of bands out there who are creating amazing music right now. Nothing about new Guns N' Roses is ground breaking. Alot of the songs are pretty good but I think you're underrateing alot of muisc out there. I'm not even gonna get into which bands are making music of this quality because I could list dozens off the top of my head and it'd be a watse of time. ?We'll just leave it at that. I disagree with your original post. Cool
busngabb
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2006, 09:35:36 PM »

It will be a kick ass album, but the world and music in general is so diversified that nothing can really ever change the world anymore. The best albums of recent years won't be remembered in the way that albums like Seargent Peppers were.

There is too much music and entertainment media in general for one rock band with a 45 year old recluse as lead singer to make that big an impact. The original band was so successful because they were young and 'dangerous'. The new band is full of ageing rockers who have put out their best effort.

It will be my favourite album for years to come I have no doubt, but talk of it redefining music are misplaced. Nothing does that anymore.

And it is still far from certain that anything official will be released. 14 years of inactivity isn't the best indicator of pending action, nor is the complete and utter silence on the official statement front.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2006, 09:38:04 PM »

Dude I apprecaite your enthusiasm but c'mon.  No band out there on their level? No one even close? Redefine the music scene?  No man, you're setting yourself up for a letdown.

What's one visible band that's making music even close to this quality right now?  No one's even close.  This isn't exagerration, this is gonna be the biggest album of the decade.  Music has grown stale and stagnant, this stuff isn't like anything else out there right now

Serioulsy? You have got to be kididng me? There are tons of bands out there who are creating amazing music right now. Nothing about new Guns N' Roses is ground breaking. Alot of the songs are pretty good but I think you're underrateing alot of muisc out there. I'm not even gonna get into which bands are making music of this quality because I could list dozens off the top of my head and it'd be a watse of time.  We'll just leave it at that. I disagree with your original post. Cool

List 3 mainstream rock bands right now that are doing anything like this.  I understand, there are some great indie bands out there right now making great music, but most of the stuff they play on the radio is uninspired and boring.  The difference of course between these bands and GnR is that GnR has the power to raise the bar for everyone
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2006, 09:47:13 PM »

I agree it will be great, but lets not get carried away and lets not go on about Axl being Guns etc...

Just imagine how great these songs would sound with a certain guitarist adding a blistering solo or two  drool

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
sergitou
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2006, 09:49:05 PM »

The song is great... I don't like to much the beginning......

Someone forgot Rhiad.... I think it'll be on chinese democracy!
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2006, 09:49:49 PM »

I agree it will be great, but lets not get carried away and lets not go on about Axl being Guns etc...

Just imagine how great these songs would sound with a certain guitarist adding a blistering solo or two  drool

Slash is great, don't get me wrong.  But what I'm saying is TWAT sounds more like Guns N Roses than anything Slash has done since leaving the band
Eppe
Headliner

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2006, 09:50:22 PM »

No one is doing anything like this now. This material we've heard is so much better than anything out there at the moment. Amazing!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2006, 09:52:29 PM »

ShotgunBlues is spot-on!  YES!!!!!!!!!! 

Enough with the Slash dreaming.  He's gone.  You have to come to terms.  Mommy and Daddy are not getting back together.  Mommy and Daddy have new friends and don't love you any less.   hihi

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2006, 09:55:17 PM »

"The rebirth of rock-n-roll" Cool

15 years in the making....

thank you.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
badapple81
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2006, 09:57:03 PM »

These amazing tracks alongside Chinese Democacy, Madagascar and The Blues is going to make for one amazing album!!!!!!!!  drool
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: