Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 04:31:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is it me or is there anyone else pissed that these demos are on the radio?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is it me or is there anyone else pissed that these demos are on the radio?  (Read 8826 times)
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2006, 06:55:01 PM »

At the end of the day it's Axls songs. ?Put yourself in his shoes. ?Your working on your defining album for years, some demos leak online, your "fans" decide to let the radio stations know, the radio stations hype the songs up for ratings, and at the end of the day, some old demos now represent the album you've been working on for over 10 years. ?I can understand why some would think this is benifecial. But after Managements statements, it's obvious Axl does not want this. ?I've waited just like everyone else, but these songs being on the radio is bullshit. ?At then end of the day, it's Axls work. ?We should not be "deciding" whats best for him.

You need to stop crying about it. If Axl respected the fans a bit more and was a bit more open with us things might be different. ?he doesn't even have to do much. hell a Monthly blog on the official website would be something. ?Why not share with the fans that have supported him, still support him, and will support him in the future. Fans would respect his wishes a lot more if he didn't always have statements released via his publicist / "management". You know.

Listen, what I want you to do is click on my name, and see how long I've been here. ?Before that, I was at CD.com, and before that I was on the official GNR forum. ?Don't tell me to quit crying. ?I'm a grown man and ?I've been around the block buddy. ?I agree that Axl is shitty in regards to updates. ?Let me put this in bold letters: IT'S ABOUT THE ARTISTS RIGHTS, NOT THE FANS. ?You want Axl to be even more secretive, keep sending shit to radio stations. ?This is the exact reason he got rid of the GNR forum. ?

nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2006, 06:55:35 PM »

Well, guess what, there actually is another explanation for this. Amazing eh?

Sometimes when you download an mp3, the file might stop at some point. then you only get to hear part of the mp3. Funny huh? Well, it happens...

Yea bud but this doesn't happen in browsers, in my expereince only p2p transfers. 

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2006, 06:58:28 PM »

Sometimes when you download an mp3, the file might stop at some point. then you only get to hear part of the mp3. Funny huh? Well, it happens...

Yea bud but this doesn't happen in browsers, in my expereince only p2p transfers. 

Who talked about browsers? It could be some messenger...

gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2006, 06:58:58 PM »

When songs are leaked there is a bigger chance the cd will be rushed out.
Karma_Police
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2006, 07:15:29 PM »

At the end of the day it's Axls songs. ?Put yourself in his shoes. ?Your working on your defining album for years, some demos leak online, your "fans" decide to let the radio stations know, the radio stations hype the songs up for ratings, and at the end of the day, some old demos now represent the album you've been working on for over 10 years. ?I can understand why some would think this is benifecial. But after Managements statements, it's obvious Axl does not want this. ?I've waited just like everyone else, but these songs being on the radio is bullshit. ?At then end of the day, it's Axls work. ?We should not be "deciding" whats best for him.

You need to stop crying about it. If Axl respected the fans a bit more and was a bit more open with us things might be different. ?he doesn't even have to do much. hell a Monthly blog on the official website would be something. ?Why not share with the fans that have supported him, still support him, and will support him in the future. Fans would respect his wishes a lot more if he didn't always have statements released via his publicist / "management". You know.

Listen, what I want you to do is click on my name, and see how long I've been here. ?Before that, I was at CD.com, and before that I was on the official GNR forum. ?Don't tell me to quit crying. ?I'm a grown man and ?I've been around the block buddy. ?I agree that Axl is shitty in regards to updates. ?Let me put this in bold letters: IT'S ABOUT THE ARTISTS RIGHTS, NOT THE FANS. ?You want Axl to be even more secretive, keep sending shit to radio stations. ?This is the exact reason he got rid of the GNR forum. ?

Big fucking deal. Cry me a river. Is it not about the fans right to experience a concert when they purchase a ticket? Oh no it's about the artists right to screw fans over at will while expecting those same fasn to respect their wishes when it comes to material. Bulshit!? Preach to someone else pal. And if you're gonna brag about how long you've been here and there than that's hilarious. that's the biggest copout in the history of internet forums.? ?You're talking to a 16 year Guns N' Roses fan here so I know about waiting as much as the next guy. Oh unless you've been a fan since day one than my apologies, how dare I tell you to stop crying. hey buddy: STOP FUCKING CRYING ABOUT IT!!!!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 07:17:00 PM by Karma_Police » Logged
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2006, 07:21:36 PM »

Big fucking deal. Cry me a river. Is it not about the fans right to experience a concert when they purchase a ticket? Oh no it's about the artists right to screw fans over at will while expecting those same fasn to respect their wishes when it comes to material. Bulshit!? Preach to someone else pal. And if you're gonna brag about how long you've been here and there than that's hilarious. that's the biggest copout in the history of internet forums.? ?You're talking to a 16 year Guns N' Roses fan here so I know about waiting as much as the next guy. Oh unless you've been a fan since day one than my apologies, how dare I tell you to stop crying. hey buddy: STOP FUCKING CRYING ABOUT IT!!!!

I saw the original Guns in LA in 86.  I'm not gonna get into a pissing contest with you here because I'm too old for that shit but as a musician, if this release was not planned I feel sorry for Axl.  And you don't have to be a prick to get your point across.  I know it's bullshit about the amount of info we recieve, but we have a choice to be fans, just like Axl has a choice to put out music.  We should RESPECT THE ARTISTS DECISIONS.

nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2006, 07:23:06 PM »

^^^everyone step back, thorazineshuffle has been a fan longer than you and his opinion is more valid

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2006, 07:25:04 PM »

I haven't heard a cease and desist yet from management. Radio stations are still playing this song.

My impression is that the buzz is so positive that they are going to let it roll. A good move.

now if they put out a single very soon, they will be able to play into the buzz.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2006, 07:27:49 PM »

^^^everyone step back, thorazineshuffle has been a fan longer than you and his opinion is more valid

Did I say that?  No.

ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2006, 07:32:41 PM »

So you're saying the person who uploaded the file onto the net in the first place didn't take the time to upload the full version?  They just tried once, saw there was an error and said screw it? 

I thought I was clear on this but I guess I wasn't.

I said there is another explanation for this. Did I say that I know what happened? No.

Well I understand why you're skeptical, who isn't, but you have to admit there have been some interesting events in the past month or so

Slash, who has always maintained he doesn't know anything about Chinese Democracy or when it's coming out, says on more than one occasion that he's heard from an inside source that the album will be released soon.  Given Slash's prior comments regarding the album, you have to admit this is pretty interesting

Axl hasn't spoken to the press since 2002 and has rarely made public appearances.  He suddenly starts popping up at events that he knows photographers and other members of the press will be at, and he gives an interview to Rolling Stone.

He reportedly bribed a nightclub to let him and his crew party after hours by letting them listen to Chinese Democracy.  A few days later a much higher quality version of IRS and a short clip of a new song that he hadn't mentioned until the recent Rolling Stone interview pop up

I'm not saying all this necessarily means something specific, but you can't deny the timing of it all is at least interesting
Karma_Police
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2006, 07:38:26 PM »

I saw the original Guns in LA in 86.? I'm not gonna get into a pissing contest with you here because I'm too old for that shit but as a musician, if this release was not planned I feel sorry for Axl.? And you don't have to be a prick to get your point across.? I know it's bullshit about the amount of info we recieve, but we have a choice to be fans, just like Axl has a choice to put out music.? We should RESPECT THE ARTISTS DECISIONS.

Fine. that's your point of view. My point of view is shit happens. Axl doesn't show up to shows screwing over thousands of fans and that's just the way it is. He tells us to be patient so we are. Years go by and he tells us to be patient again and we are. More years go by and still he asks us to be patient and we are. Gee I wonder who's getting screwed here? ?The fact is he takes the fans for granted and nobody should feel bad about listening to or shareing these demos with anyone. Not even radio. Songs get leaked and people hear them, that's just the way it is. And to be honest Axl probably doesn't even give a shit about these leaks. Despite what manaagment has said. Why the hell would he be playing the album at night clubs if he did. ?Also if he cared so much why not make a personal statement. An e-mail or even an audio clip sent out to the major Guns N' Roses forums. Fans would respect that but no instead it's the same old bullshit coming from Merck and the management team.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2006, 07:39:25 PM »

I haven't heard a cease and desist yet from management. Radio stations are still playing this song.

My impression is that the buzz is so positive that they are going to let it roll. A good move.

now if they put out a single very soon, they will be able to play into the buzz.

I was thinking the same thing, man.  It's one thing for a radio station to play a song once and then not again out of fear for legal reprocussions.  It's yet another to continually play the song over and over again.  Especially when it's a big, popular and influential station like the one in Boston (WAAF?).

I hope that they are in fact letting the buzz build even more.  GN'R has gotten this much positive buzz in years. 

I hope to God that Axl doesn't get pissed and crawl back into obscurity.  The bell can't be unrung.  It has leaked, it is out there.  Axl can either get pissed and give everyone a big "fuck you" by changing his plans, or he can use this to his advantage, capitalize on the buzz and at least make an announcement soon.

While it is his music and unquestionably his decision, I, for one, hope he chooses the latter option.

Ali
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 08:00:22 PM by Ali » Logged
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2006, 07:40:59 PM »

Yeah it pisses me off!! I'll wait for the real thing!

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2006, 07:46:43 PM »

I saw the original Guns in LA in 86.  I'm not gonna get into a pissing contest with you here because I'm too old for that shit but as a musician, if this release was not planned I feel sorry for Axl.  And you don't have to be a prick to get your point across.  I know it's bullshit about the amount of info we recieve, but we have a choice to be fans, just like Axl has a choice to put out music.  We should RESPECT THE ARTISTS DECISIONS.

Fine. that's your point of view. My point of view is shit happens. Axl doesn't show up to shows screwing over thousands of fans and that's just the way it is. He tells us to be patient so we are. Years go by and he tells us to be patient again and we are. More years go by and still he asks us to be patient and we are. Gee I wonder who's getting screwed here?  The fact is he takes the fans for granted and nobody should feel bad about listening to or shareing these demos with anyone. Not even radio. Songs get leaked and people hear them, that's just the way it is. And to be honest Axl probably doesn't even give a shit about these leaks. Despite what manaagment has said. Why the hell would he be playing the album at night clubs if he did.  Also if he cared so much why not make a personal statement. An e-mail or even an audio clip sent out to the major Guns N' Roses forums. Fans would respect that but no instead it's the same old bullshit coming from Merck and the management team.

I've never seen axl ask us to be patient. If you can contradict that tho i'd love to see it - and no, quoting patience doesnt count.

I've seen him say, many times, that we should live our lives and that it will come out when it is ready. And that is a huge difference.
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2006, 07:56:52 PM »

I was driving to work today, turned on the radio (103.9) out of youngstown, Ohio. The dj said new gnr was coming on next (I almost wrecked the car). He then plays the irs clip and makes fun of it. Callers were calling in & Saying get that crap off the air? These are F--ck--g demos, not clean music. I have all the demos from the afd, and UyI disc. True fans love this shit, the raw axl. But the general public wants to here a clean, good sounding axl. I hope this does not back fire, and delay album even more. What do you guys think?
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2006, 07:58:45 PM »

I cringed when I read that fans were sending the songs to radio stations. As a fan, I have absolutely no problem with the fans sharing the songs with other fans (in fact I encourage it and hope the other songs leak  hihi), but there was absolutely no reason to make these tracks so public when they were not meant for radio airplay.

I also think it is absolutely ridiculous to defend it by pointing out Axl's actions in the past. I am one fo the last people on this board who would ever defend Axl's actions but that in no way makes it cool to send his songs out to various radio stations around the US. It's also a juvenile argument to say "well he did something wrong first." Give me a break.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2006, 07:59:23 PM »

A similar topic.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=25544.0

Have fun getting bitched at. ?You can take over for me. ok

ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2006, 07:59:56 PM »

If anything, it should cause the GnR team should hurry up and press a finished copy of IRS to send to radio stations
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2006, 08:00:44 PM »

If anything, it should cause the GnR team should hurry up and press a finished copy of IRS to send to radio stations

AMEN Shotgun Blues!!!   ok

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2006, 08:01:23 PM »

Exactly - just issue a press release saying what leaked was a demo and hurry up production on the single.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: