Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 04:46:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is it me or is there anyone else pissed that these demos are on the radio?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is it me or is there anyone else pissed that these demos are on the radio?  (Read 8829 times)
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2006, 06:23:20 PM »

I don't know much about anything but I think this "leak" might have been on purpose. My local radio station is advertising it.

Well, here's the stream - should be on in 5 minutes! -

http://www.thebuzzardjustrocks.com/cc-common/streaming_new/index.html
Karma_Police
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2006, 06:23:46 PM »

Too bad for Axl. Like someone has already said shit happens. Axl doesn't show up for concerts and that's written off as shit happening so if somthing leaks than too bad for him. If he doesn't owe us anything than we certainly don't owe him anything. ?If he freaks and delays the project even more because of bootlegged leaks than he's more paranoid than any of us thought. He just needs to fucking do it. Get the album out, stop worrying about leaks. It's an easy solution, combat the leaks and bootlegs with the real thing. The fans have waited long enough and for Axl and his management to continueally ask us to have patience is beyond ridiculous at this point. We're all gonna buy the album regardless so who gives a flying fuck if we or anyone else listens to the leaks. Axl has to realise that he's brought this on himself. He's starved the fans for Gn'R music, news, or anything relevant to the band. Of course fans are gonna go nuts when something leaks. For him to ask us to obstain from it, is pure selfishness on his part.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2006, 06:25:07 PM »

well then axl shouldn't be playing the album in public places if he's that worried... be glad someone gives a fuck..
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2006, 06:26:01 PM »

another interesting point which may indicate this leak was planned...

i was on the boards when wes appeared and said he had these tracks but didn't know how to upload.  yet, they are 192 kbs and the song 'better' is cut at a really vital point which leaves you wanting more.

I just don't see how you would have problems uploading a sing if you know how to rip it (many 'noobs' rip into 128 or 64 kbs) and  cut it down to a 1:20 clip (this requires a seperate application).

Huh Huh Huh Huh  something is fishy

Good point.  The timing of these leaks is interesting.  Axl has been spotted at big public events more times in the last month or so as he has been in the last 4 years, he reportedly played the album for some club owners a few days before the leak, he spoke to the press for the first time in years.  The timing of the leak combined with the other events doesn't seem to be a coincidence

Oh my God, another clue. It's OBVIOUS... It's all been planned since 2002...

I can't believe we have so many brains in one board.

It's like the Einstein Message Board...  yes

F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2006, 06:29:56 PM »

I'm happy with what we got.
I also think that if someone does have TWAT,as interesting as it sounds,and if leaked I will listen to it,I don't think it should be.
If things are really on the roll as it seems,let the album come out,without anymore leaks.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2006, 06:30:29 PM »

Ok,

let's get all the clues together...

1) The guy doesn't know how to upload. It's obvious, it's someone from the band.

2) The song is cut at 80 seconds. I mean DAH, it's someone from the band, who else would know how to do that...

3) How can they know how to cut a song and not how to upload it, it's definitely someone from the band...

4) Axl went out 5-6 times this month. Think about it...  yes

Need I say more? The band leaked the songs.

Karma_Police
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2006, 06:31:21 PM »

They're playing the brand new Guns N' Roses right now. IRS is being played on 96.7 The Buzzard. ?The album is gonna have to come soon. This might be a good thing. It might give Axl the kick in the ass that he needs to put out the real deal. It's amazing though to hear a live radio dj announce BRAND NEW GUN N' ROSES!!! Just give us the labum Axl!! the amterial is amazing and the public and the fans are gonna eat it up!!!!
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2006, 06:32:30 PM »

They're playing the brand new Guns N' Roses right now. IRS is being played on 96.7 The Buzzard.

Yep, I'm listening to the stream now.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2006, 06:33:03 PM »

another interesting point which may indicate this leak was planned...

i was on the boards when wes appeared and said he had these tracks but didn't know how to upload.  yet, they are 192 kbs and the song 'better' is cut at a really vital point which leaves you wanting more.

I just don't see how you would have problems uploading a sing if you know how to rip it (many 'noobs' rip into 128 or 64 kbs) and  cut it down to a 1:20 clip (this requires a seperate application).

Huh Huh Huh Huh  something is fishy

Good point.  The timing of these leaks is interesting.  Axl has been spotted at big public events more times in the last month or so as he has been in the last 4 years, he reportedly played the album for some club owners a few days before the leak, he spoke to the press for the first time in years.  The timing of the leak combined with the other events doesn't seem to be a coincidence

Oh my God, another clue. It's OBVIOUS... It's all been planned since 2002...

I can't believe we have so many brains in one board.

It's like the Einstein Message Board...  yes

Roll Eyes

I'm not saying it's some master plan.  It's not that far of a stretch to believe that in order to generate some buzz, someone close to the band would leak a better version of a song that's been out for almost a year now, and a short clip of another song that we'd never heard mentioned up until about a month ago by Axl himself.  And during this past month, Axl's been making public appearances more often than he has in well over a decade, talked to the press which he hasn't done in years, and played the album for others outside of his camp to hear

By the way, the only way material from a major project like this gets leaked is by someone working on the project in some capacity, but the fact that only a small cut of the song was leaked makes it more likely that it was someone trying not to "spoil" the song but give a "teaser".  Some studio assistant who just jacks a copy of GnR's new material isn't going to bother cutting the song down before releasing it
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 06:36:11 PM by ShotgunBlues1978 » Logged
Karma_Police
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2006, 06:34:29 PM »

WOW!!! he's advertising it as a song off the album.  He's giveing the impression that the album is right around the corner. What are the legal ramifications for a radio station doing this?
Allman
The Flying Dutchman
Rocker

Rock N' Roll Jesus

« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2006, 06:36:13 PM »

Thats's the problem with a demo on the radio. People will mistake this as being the real thing.
Congrats to anyone who's sending this to radio stations  Wink

Elvis has left the building
Thank you and goodnight
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2006, 06:36:17 PM »

At the end of the day it's Axls songs. ?Put yourself in his shoes. ?Your working on your defining album for years, some demos leak online, your "fans" decide to let the radio stations know, the radio stations hype the songs up for ratings, and at the end of the day, some old demos now represent the album you've been working on for over 10 years. ?I can understand why some would think this is benifecial. But after Managements statements, it's obvious Axl does not want this. ?I've waited just like everyone else, but these songs being on the radio is bullshit. ?At then end of the day, it's Axls work. ?We should not be "deciding" whats best for him.

DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2006, 06:37:45 PM »

Thats's the problem with a demo on the radio. People will mistake this as being the real thing.

Both streams I've listened to so far (Boston and Greenville) have acknowledged it's a demo.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2006, 06:43:11 PM »

Ok,

1) The guy doesn't know how to upload. It's obvious, it's someone from the band.

2) The song is cut at 80 seconds. I mean DAH, it's someone from the band, who else would know how to do that...

3) How can they know how to cut a song and not how to upload it, it's definitely someone from the band...

Your use of sarcasm is quite masterful  drool

I agree some of the stuff being said is a huge stretch, but to suddenly hear new, high quality material from a project that's been this closely guarded while Axl Rose is showing up in public, playing the album at nightclubs and talking to the press, and Slash whose line has always been he doesn't know anything about the project is saying he's heard the album's coming out in March.

When songs get leaked, it's almost always a full version.  The only reason to cut the song off after 80 seconds is to "protect" the song so that people are eager to hear the rest of it, it's unlikely that some random person who stumbled across a CD of GnR tracks would go to the trouble to do that. 
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2006, 06:45:36 PM »

Either way.. Merck needs to get off his ass and say something to put an end to all this bs.

He did, to remove all links.

HAHA. I am talking something offical for the fans that he seems to think dont matter.

Axl hired Merck & Co to be his manager, if you say fuck Merck & Co (as in your text) you pretty much say fuck Axl & CO.
Merck might have a different opinion but he works for Axl & Co.

The sig is there cause the band GnR isn't being handled right and the fans pay for it.. Thats how I see it.. you can take anyway you want.. doesn't really bother me.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2006, 06:47:21 PM »

Ok,

Your use of sarcasm is quite masterful  drool

I agree some of the stuff being said is a huge stretch, but to suddenly hear new, high quality material from a project that's been this closely guarded while Axl Rose is showing up in public, playing the album at nightclubs and talking to the press, and Slash whose line has always been he doesn't know anything about the project is saying he's heard the album's coming out in March.

When songs get leaked, it's almost always a full version.  The only reason to cut the song off after 80 seconds is to "protect" the song so that people are eager to hear the rest of it, it's unlikely that some random person who stumbled across a CD of GnR tracks would go to the trouble to do that. 

Well, guess what, there actually is another explanation for this. Amazing eh?

Sometimes when you download an mp3, the file might stop at some point. then you only get to hear part of the mp3. Funny huh? Well, it happens...

horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2006, 06:47:32 PM »

no i think it's great !

the one an only horsey !
Karma_Police
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2006, 06:47:44 PM »

At the end of the day it's Axls songs. ?Put yourself in his shoes. ?Your working on your defining album for years, some demos leak online, your "fans" decide to let the radio stations know, the radio stations hype the songs up for ratings, and at the end of the day, some old demos now represent the album you've been working on for over 10 years. ?I can understand why some would think this is benifecial. But after Managements statements, it's obvious Axl does not want this. ?I've waited just like everyone else, but these songs being on the radio is bullshit. ?At then end of the day, it's Axls work. ?We should not be "deciding" whats best for him.

You need to stop crying about it. If Axl respected the fans a bit more and was a bit more open with us things might be different. ?he doesn't even have to do much. hell a Monthly blog on the official website would be something. ?Why not share with the fans that have supported him, still support him, and will support him in the future. Fans would respect his wishes a lot more if he didn't always have statements released via his publicist / "management". You know.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2006, 06:50:40 PM »

Sometimes when you download an mp3, the file might stop at some point. then you only get to hear part of the mp3. Funny huh? Well, it happens...

So you're saying the person who uploaded the file onto the net in the first place didn't take the time to upload the full version?  They just tried once, saw there was an error and said screw it? 
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2006, 06:54:31 PM »

So you're saying the person who uploaded the file onto the net in the first place didn't take the time to upload the full version?  They just tried once, saw there was an error and said screw it? 

I thought I was clear on this but I guess I wasn't.

I said there is another explanation for this. Did I say that I know what happened? No.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: