Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 05:50:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is it me or is there anyone else pissed that these demos are on the radio?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is it me or is there anyone else pissed that these demos are on the radio?  (Read 8863 times)
Allman
The Flying Dutchman
Rocker

Rock N' Roll Jesus

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2006, 06:05:26 PM »

Over FM airwaves you can't tell that.

Only when you have a real bad radio.
If you just listened to a well produced track on the radio and that's followed by IRS...the difference is huge.

Elvis has left the building
Thank you and goodnight
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2006, 06:05:37 PM »

I think the fact that this new, much higher quality version of IRS appeared on the same day as a sample clip of "Better" is telling.  I recall last year the management made a statement after the original leak of IRS that was something along the lines of they'd like to release a higher quality version of IRS but the record label won't allow it.  There is no harm in releasing a high quality version of a song that's already been leaked for months, and there's not a lot of harm in having a 1 minute clip of a song floating around that has received an overwhelmingly positive response.  It seems like this is planned as a way of stirring up some buzz for the album

I agree...I am starting to think this was planned by managament...and who knows...maybe it was just for the radio and the forums got a hold of it or maybe vice versa..either way I think somewhere in here this was planned to generate buzz for GNR.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2006, 06:06:03 PM »

Either way.. Merck needs to get off his ass and say something to put an end to all this bs.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2006, 06:06:48 PM »

Is Axl not the same person that endorsed acquiring bootlegs back when fans were waiting for the Illusion albums to come out?

I believe he is.

They never tried to stop the live bootlegs from the 2000-2002 shows did they?

This is something different...

/jarmo

No, I'm talking about the studio demos of November Rain and such.

Axl made a comment in concert (1991) where he was talking about how he hoped everyone in the crowd found bootlegs (of new studio tracks) to tide them over while GNR was having legal difficulties releasing the Illusion albums.
whitegatorz
Opening Act

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2006, 06:07:19 PM »

I don't know much about anything but I think this "leak" might have been on purpose. My local radio station is advertising it.

Allman
The Flying Dutchman
Rocker

Rock N' Roll Jesus

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2006, 06:07:47 PM »

Either way.. Merck needs to get off his ass and say something to put an end to all this bs.

He did, to remove all links.

Thank you and goodnight
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2006, 06:08:55 PM »

Over FM airwaves you can't tell that.

Only when you have a real bad radio.
If you just listened to a well produced track on the radio and that's followed by IRS...the difference is huge.

I'd say that's more fault of the mixing than the audio quality (MP3 - 192 kbs, 44 mhz).

FM Radio quality is less than 192 kbs, 44 mhz.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2006, 06:09:15 PM »

Ok, so let's assume he said that in 1991.

Did he tell you it's ok to spread these files in 2006?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2006, 06:10:03 PM »

HAHA. I am talking something offical for the fans that he seems to think dont matter.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2006, 06:10:57 PM »

/jarmo

No, but I think he'd be sympathetic to our plight.
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2006, 06:12:37 PM »

you're wrong. While this is a "demo", the quality of the product is impeccable. That means it had to have come from an original, master source. There is no plausible way that someone managed to steal a copy of this highly protected music without someone high up not knowing about it. Figure it out dude. Radio stations can't just download unreleased songs and play them without some HUGE repercussions. This was intended to happen. Just look at the buzz being created from this song. This was specifically intended to be let loose for a short period of time to get a feel for the audience, to build more hype. Now that we have seen this is the case, I'd be willing to wager a large amount the fact that CD comes out with an official single in the next two weeks, and is released like originally said in the end of March.

Listen, if Management comes out and says that they intended this to happen, then I'll be glad to say I'm wrong and be the first to download the songs.  I've been a musician for 20 yrs, and if my music that I have been working on for years gets released to radio without my consent, and it being a demo on top of that, I would be very upset.

But this is not your normal situation..this is a band that has been working on an album for a long, long time...and I think it's not so ludicris to think that these leaks that come out every now and again is an attempt to generate interest...I mean don't forget the record co.. had sunk alot of money into this they will take tactics they need to take to redeem some of that money.     And Axl may not know anything about it and as far as he is concerned they are on his side and you're right as a musician ofcourse you would get pissed and we all know that Axl most definitely is.   You never know what companies will do to make sure they get paid.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 06:15:44 PM by DoubleTalkingJive » Logged

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2006, 06:13:10 PM »

another interesting point which may indicate this leak was planned...

i was on the boards when wes appeared and said he had these tracks but didn't know how to upload.  yet, they are 192 kbs and the song 'better' is cut at a really vital point which leaves you wanting more.

I just don't see how you would have problems uploading a sing if you know how to rip it (many 'noobs' rip into 128 or 64 kbs) and  cut it down to a 1:20 clip (this requires a seperate application).

Huh Huh Huh Huh  something is fishy

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2006, 06:13:32 PM »

/jarmo

No, but I think he'd be sympathetic to our plight.

Who knows. I always assume the artists will release the songs they want us to hear.... Or at least decide when we get to hear them.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Allman
The Flying Dutchman
Rocker

Rock N' Roll Jesus

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2006, 06:16:19 PM »

HAHA. I am talking something offical for the fans that he seems to think dont matter.

Axl hired Merck & Co to be his manager, if you say fuck Merck & Co (as in your text) you pretty much say fuck Axl & CO.
Merck might have a different opinion but he works for Axl & Co.

Thank you and goodnight
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2006, 06:18:22 PM »

i was on the boards when wes appeared and said he had these tracks but didn't know how to upload.  yet, they are 192 kbs and the song 'better' is cut at a really vital point which leaves you wanting more.

I just don't see how you would have problems uploading a sing if you know how to rip it (many 'noobs' rip into 128 or 64 kbs) and  cut it down to a 1:20 clip (this requires a seperate application).

So, this means it was planned. Bravo, you would make a great private investigator.

"Yes mam, he had a knife in his kitchen, so he must be the murderer, I mean, honestly, is there any other explanation?".

Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2006, 06:18:47 PM »

I'm pissed at the idiot who first suggested people send IRS to their local radio stations.  rant

Allman
The Flying Dutchman
Rocker

Rock N' Roll Jesus

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2006, 06:20:25 PM »

I'm pissed at the idiot who first suggested people send IRS to their local radio stations. rant

Amen.  ok

Thank you and goodnight
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2006, 06:20:53 PM »

I'm pissed at the idiot who first suggested people send IRS to their local radio stations.  rant

yeah..what a prick!  rofl

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2006, 06:22:05 PM »

Good point.  The timing of these leaks is interesting.  Axl has been spotted at big public events more times in the last month or so as he has been in the last 4 years, he reportedly played the album for some club owners a few days before the leak, he spoke to the press for the first time in years.  The timing of the leak combined with the other events doesn't seem to be a coincidence
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2006, 06:22:10 PM »

loooooooooooooooooooool

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

chill dude, we have let axl take his time for too long... its time to rumble, either he steps up to da plate or goes back to the bushes.... TAKE IT TO DA PRESIDENT... GONNA CALL DA PRIVATE EYE... GONNA GET DA IRS... GONNA NEED DA FBI!  peace
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: