Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 04:31:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is it me or is there anyone else pissed that these demos are on the radio?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is it me or is there anyone else pissed that these demos are on the radio?  (Read 8825 times)
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« on: February 17, 2006, 05:46:58 PM »

I mean come on!  Sure GNR are getting alot of press today, but I can't imagine that Axl had this in mind.   These are demos!  The man has been working on this album for over 10 years, and the first taste that the mass public are getting of CD are some demos?  I refuse to listen to these leaks (it's just a personal preference, not a slam to everone who listened), but Axl doesn't deserve this.  We should be supporting Axl and allow him to lauch his masterpiece upon the public his way.

And before you reply that this leak is his plan think again.  There is know way Axl wanted this to go down the way it has.  Management did not approve of this leak, and Management speaks for Axl.

Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 05:48:40 PM »

Some say there is no such thing as BAD publicity.

But until we hear something concrete from the band / management it's all just speculation.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 05:48:51 PM »

Is Axl not the same person that endorsed acquiring bootlegs back when fans were waiting for the Illusion albums to come out?

I believe he is.
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 05:49:56 PM »

I mean come on!  Sure GNR are getting alot of press today, but I can't imagine that Axl had this in mind.   These are demos!  The man has been working on this album for over 10 years, and the first taste that the mass public are getting of CD are some demos?  I refuse to listen to these leaks (it's just a personal preference, not a slam to everone who listened), but Axl doesn't deserve this.  We should be supporting Axl and allow him to lauch his masterpiece upon the public his way.

And before you reply that this leak is his plan think again.  There is know way Axl wanted this to go down the way it has.  Management did not approve of this leak, and Management speaks for Axl.

I think you're just being a freak.  unless your axl, you have no right to be pissed.  i say fuck the dictatorial attitude by some of the people on this board -  heretodaygonetohell democracy starts now!

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 05:50:09 PM »

I see both sides to the story to be honest.  But theres no point in bitching about it...SOMEONE is going to do it.  Its impossible to appeal to everyone to not do it.  You might as well just roll with the punches...it might suck that its happening, but it IS happening so.....what can you do?

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2006, 05:50:59 PM »

Maybe Managementshould tell Axl to stop playing the album at every strip clud he goes to .I'm sure that isn't how the record company who funded the album want it to be heard either.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2006, 05:51:18 PM »

Who gives a fuck.. The fans finally got something back. "It happens"

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2006, 05:52:44 PM »

I mean come on!? Sure GNR are getting alot of press today, but I can't imagine that Axl had this in mind.? ?These are demos!? The man has been working on this album for over 10 years, and the first taste that the mass public are getting of CD are some demos?? I refuse to listen to these leaks (it's just a personal preference, not a slam to everone who listened), but Axl doesn't deserve this.? We should be supporting Axl and allow him to lauch his masterpiece upon the public his way.

And before you reply that this leak is his plan think again.? There is know way Axl wanted this to go down the way it has.? Management did not approve of this leak, and Management speaks for Axl.

I think you're just being a freak.? unless your axl, you have no right to be pissed.? i say fuck the dictatorial attitude by some of the people on this board -? heretodaygonetohell democracy starts now!

I have no right to be pissed that something obviously not approved by Management is being played on public radio? ?Right. ?Oh, and watch the personal insults. ?I'm a hell of alot older than 12 so if you got insults, take it somewhere else.

Origen
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2006, 05:53:11 PM »

Don't lose any sleep over it.

but Axl doesn't deserve this.

Deserve what, a demo of a song and a half leak and all of a sudden Axl is screwed ? Anyway if he just released t then there wouldn't be this mess.

We should be supporting Axl and allow him to lauch his masterpiece upon
That sounds like something from a cult
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2006, 05:53:24 PM »

This happens all the time in the music industry, it's just a part of the game.  There's nothing that anyone can do about it, every album has songs leaked before it comes out and if they're from a big time band they get played on the radio until the record label shuts them down.  I actually find it amazing that with all this recording that's happened and all the people who have been involved, there's only been one song that got leaked and a short clip of another, that's actually pretty good.  The IRS demo leaked in 2003 I believe, although it wasn't widely available until last year.  The new version leaking doesn't really do any harm, in fact it is probably a good thing because it just makes the song seem a lot better by hearing a better version of it. 

I imagine they aren't happy about "Better" getting leaked, but fortunately for the band it's only a short clip, and the response has been overwhelmingly positive and if anything has just given the fans more hope and made us that much more excited to hear the whole song, and the whole album  peace
Allman
The Flying Dutchman
Rocker

Rock N' Roll Jesus

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2006, 05:53:39 PM »

For the fans, maybe, it's been a long time.
On the radio, no, there demo's nothing more nothing less.
As an artist that's not how you want to be on the radio after all those years.

Elvis has left the building
Thank you and goodnight
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2006, 05:55:17 PM »

We should be supporting Axl and allow him to lauch his masterpiece upon
That sounds like something from a cult

HAHAHAHA.. classic.

Listen.. who cares? Axl isn't going to quit music cause a demo got to the radio.. Maybe he will open his eyes and relize the fan base is still there and he should do something about it.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
bucketman
Headliner

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2006, 05:56:17 PM »

you're wrong. While this is a "demo", the quality of the product is impeccable. That means it had to have come from an original, master source. There is no plausible way that someone managed to steal a copy of this highly protected music without someone high up not knowing about it. Figure it out dude. Radio stations can't just download unreleased songs and play them without some HUGE repercussions. This was intended to happen. Just look at the buzz being created from this song. This was specifically intended to be let loose for a short period of time to get a feel for the audience, to build more hype. Now that we have seen this is the case, I'd be willing to wager a large amount the fact that CD comes out with an official single in the next two weeks, and is released like originally said in the end of March.
Allman
The Flying Dutchman
Rocker

Rock N' Roll Jesus

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2006, 05:57:43 PM »

The quality is nowhere close to CD quality.

Elvis has left the building
Thank you and goodnight
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2006, 06:00:37 PM »

I think the fact that this new, much higher quality version of IRS appeared on the same day as a sample clip of "Better" is telling.  I recall last year the management made a statement after the original leak of IRS that was something along the lines of they'd like to release a higher quality version of IRS but the record label won't allow it.  There is no harm in releasing a high quality version of a song that's already been leaked for months, and there's not a lot of harm in having a 1 minute clip of a song floating around that has received an overwhelmingly positive response.  It seems like this is planned as a way of stirring up some buzz for the album
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2006, 06:00:44 PM »

The quality is nowhere close to CD quality.

Over FM airwaves you can't tell that.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2006, 06:03:00 PM »

Is Axl not the same person that endorsed acquiring bootlegs back when fans were waiting for the Illusion albums to come out?

I believe he is.

They never tried to stop the live bootlegs from the 2000-2002 shows did they?

This is something different...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2006, 06:03:13 PM »

you're wrong. While this is a "demo", the quality of the product is impeccable. That means it had to have come from an original, master source. There is no plausible way that someone managed to steal a copy of this highly protected music without someone high up not knowing about it. Figure it out dude. Radio stations can't just download unreleased songs and play them without some HUGE repercussions. This was intended to happen. Just look at the buzz being created from this song. This was specifically intended to be let loose for a short period of time to get a feel for the audience, to build more hype. Now that we have seen this is the case, I'd be willing to wager a large amount the fact that CD comes out with an official single in the next two weeks, and is released like originally said in the end of March.

Listen, if Management comes out and says that they intended this to happen, then I'll be glad to say I'm wrong and be the first to download the songs. ?I've been a musician for 20 yrs, and if my music that I have been working on for years gets released to radio without my consent, and it being a demo on top of that, I would be very upset.

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2006, 06:03:56 PM »

I think this whole debate is pretty retarded.  Nobody has a right to really be mad/upset over the leaks except for Axl and his record company.  And honestly from the sound of it, they aren't THAT pissed.  The reaction to this leak is VERY different from the first IRS leak. 
Us as individual fans can have our opinion on if people should or should not be sending this around to each other or to radio stations but you're insane if you think EVERYONE is going to side with you one way or the other.  Its out there....like it or not.  Too many people have copies of IRS and Better and are going to do very diff things with them.

The other leaks, that only a VERY select few have access to are a very different story.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Origen
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2006, 06:05:04 PM »

I believe he is.

They never tried to stop the live bootlegs from the 2000-2002 shows did they?

This is something different...

/jarmo

peace
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: