Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:36:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  I need advice from guys who might be like this one I'm crushing on.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: I need advice from guys who might be like this one I'm crushing on.  (Read 9594 times)
Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« on: February 17, 2006, 05:18:18 PM »

« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 11:15:47 PM by Lady Livin » Logged
Sterlingdog
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 11:41:02 PM »

I'm not a guy, but I do know a lot about people and how they think.? And I'm sorry to say it, but I don't think he's interested.? He sounds like a nice person who doesn't want to hurt your feelings.? ?But it wasn't an accident that you overheard him saying he didn't want a girlfriend, I can almost promise that was for your benefit.

I know its hard to give up on someone when you have so many hopes built around them, but if you don't back off, he'll probably start avoiding you.? Guys (except MCT) don't like to have uncomfortable conversations.?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 11:13:12 AM by Sterling » Logged
Chelle
VIP

~Crazy Bitch~

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 12:03:35 AM »

Baby, speaking from personal experience, if you've let him know how you feel... back off and let him make the next move.  If he chooses not to take the next step and ask you out, then you have to try to move on.  I know that the thought of getting over him sounds unbearable... but the more emotionally attached you become, the more painful it will be in the end.  Even if he is interrested though, it can still hurt like hell.  Believe me, I know   Cry

"She was queen for about an hour...? after that, shit got sour... She took all I ever had.? No sign of guilt.? No feeling of bad, no..."
Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006, 01:25:10 AM »

Baby, speaking from personal experience, if you've let him know how you feel... back off and let him make the next move.  If he chooses not to take the next step and ask you out, then you have to try to move on.

How long should I wait until he does? Should I just coast for now and wait until he makes official plans to bowl?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006, 02:31:19 AM »

I'm not a guy, but I do know a lot about people and how they think.? And I'm sorry to say it, but I don't think he's interested.? He sounds like a nice person who doesn't want to hurt your feelings.? ?But it wasn't an accident that you overheard him saying he didn't want a girlfriend, I can almost promise that was for your benefit.

I know its hard to give up on someone when you have so many hopes built around them, but if you don't back off, he'll probably start avoiding you.? Guys don't like to have uncomfortable conversations.?
That is some great advice. ok

Alice, listen to Sterling.

Chelle
VIP

~Crazy Bitch~

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2006, 05:23:42 AM »

Baby, speaking from personal experience, if you've let him know how you feel... back off and let him make the next move.? If he chooses not to take the next step and ask you out, then you have to try to move on.

How long should I wait until he does? Should I just coast for now and wait until he makes official plans to bowl?

Don't wait on him, honey.? Just try to go about your business, maybe get involved in something new to take your mind off him as best you can.? I mean, I'm sure you don't care to date anyone else... but just be cool.? Go out with the girls!? ?beer? What you don't want to do is call him a bzillion times, or hang around him like a lost puppy.? No ma'am!? None o' that!? ? no? Noooo!!
If you get to the point that you're feeling a little less strongly about him, and he still hasn't made a move to date you... TIME UP!? ?yes? ?No first girlfriend, and the guy's eighteen?? You may wanna go out and get a little more experince yourself so you can show him a thing er two!? ?Wink
I kid, I kid... ? ?Kiss

PS.? I am pretty trashed right now, so I hope this makes a little sense? ?Grin
« Last Edit: February 18, 2006, 05:32:52 AM by Chelle » Logged

"She was queen for about an hour...? after that, shit got sour... She took all I ever had.? No sign of guilt.? No feeling of bad, no..."
Chelle
VIP

~Crazy Bitch~

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2006, 05:49:01 AM »

Guys are dumb, he'll start liking you precisely the moment you've moved on and found someone else.
Sorry but this is how it will turn out... crying

That is so true!  Boys are dumb   yes   yes   yes   yes   yes   yes   yes   yes   yes   yes   yes   yes   yes   yes

Wink

Rocket_queen125
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2006, 12:21:06 PM »

Baby, speaking from personal experience, if you've let him know how you feel... back off and let him make the next move.  If he chooses not to take the next step and ask you out, then you have to try to move on.  I know that the thought of getting over him sounds unbearable... but the more emotionally attached you become, the more painful it will be in the end.  Even if he is interrested though, it can still hurt like hell.  Believe me, I know   Cry

Shes exactly right!!! im a whore and thats plain and simple, now im not gonna tell you to go and do sum random dude but lemme tell ya if this kid has just the slightest  interest in you and he finds out that you made out with sum other guy or got drunk and showed your tits to a bar full of men... wait nm that dont do that... but act like your moving on maybe date another guy hell sleep with him forget that psyco babble virgin shit
Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2006, 02:57:03 PM »

Haha, I love you guys.  Kiss
MCT
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2006, 04:00:22 PM »

Guys don't like to have uncomfortable conversations.?

Yeah, we just like to burp and fart and dominate... Undecided

I think I'll go comb my arse now and pursue the measure of a man myth... Roll Eyes

..................................(<--the ellipsis on crack-->).................................

.................. ............................... ...   ............................. . . . . . . .............................

..........................................(<--Mine-->)..............................................
Sterlingdog
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2006, 06:07:25 PM »

Yeah, we just like to burp and fart and dominate... Undecided

I think I'll go comb my arse now and pursue the measure of a man myth... Roll Eyes

..................................(<--the ellipsis on crack-->).................................

.................. ............................... ...? ?............................. . . . . . . .............................

..........................................(<--Mine-->)..............................................

Come on, are you going to tell me that as a senior in high school, you would choose to be around a girl who was going to constantly put you on the spot about your feelings?  Especially when you didn't return her affectionate feelings?  If so, then you are the exception.
MCT
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2006, 07:32:04 PM »

Guys don't like to have uncomfortable conversations.  

Firstly, you used a completely unmitigated generalization to grandstand your own personal belief. And by doing so you conjectured that I don't like to have those "uncomfortable" conversations, because, well, the last time I blasted the toilet I did so with my dickie bird, and that makes me one of those creatures who, according to you, doesn't like to engage in uncomfortable conversations. Whereas in truth, I love exchanges of that nature. Makes me feel human.

Now...

Come on, are you going to tell me that as a senior in high school, you would choose to be around a girl who was going to constantly put you on the spot about your feelings?? Especially when you didn't return her affectionate feelings?? If so, then you are the exception.

...don't try to use me as a prop. Expecting me to tackle the strawman here is just cheap. Exception to the rule indeed!

Moving on (and just for the sake of it), I'll directly answer your above post:

The reality is that the whole scenario laid out here is like a slice of my own high school history. And that's it. Yes to the question.

Now the reality doesn't end there, mind you. It extends to the point of you offering up personal belief in the guise of honest-to-goodness actuality and then going so far as to inflect the entire scene with said personal belief in a silly attempt to draw me in towards the aforementioned strawman and thus "prove" your point by slipping out the back door while I'm still onstage with my foot in my mouth.

Uh-uh... no

I mean if I inadvertently blurted that all ye little girlies are sluts (and let's say you ignored the inherent strawman aspect of the statement and simply decided to respond to the accusation), what would you say?

Anyway, this is just a buncha ballyhoo about nothing (Shakespeare? Huh?) that could easily be abated if you were to amend that silly statement of yours that I took the liberty of making black.

I'm so bold... Smiley
Sterlingdog
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2006, 07:51:44 PM »

There are exceptions to every generalization.  I expect most intelligent people to realize that without my needing to state it.  It wasn't meant as an insult, and wasn't directed towards you personally. 

But I'm an expert in human behavior and I stand by what I said.  By her description of his behavior, I believe he's not interested in her in a romantic way and she will chase him off by being too pushy and making him uncomfortable in the majority of their contacts. 
MCT
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2006, 08:15:56 PM »

There are exceptions to every generalization.

Yes. Hence the word itself... Cheesy

I expect most intelligent people to realize that without my needing to state it.?

Well obviously my dear. But that didn't quite stop you from convienently trying out this angle:

Come on, are you going to tell me that as a senior in high school, you would choose to be around a girl who was going to constantly put you on the spot about your feelings?  Especially when you didn't return her affectionate feelings?  If so, then you are the exception.

It wasn't meant as an insult, and wasn't directed towards you personally.?

Of course it wasn't meant as an insult! Of course it wasn't directed towards me personally!

Beaton R. Oundabush says:

OBVIOUSLY!!!

^Sarcasm. Heavy Sarcasm.

But it became that simply because you spoke for malekind (and the way your post was written attests to that yes), because I was in the mood to call you on it (nothing else to do Undecided), and because I have (protruding as we speak) what some people call........................ nervous...................a cock........

But I'm an expert in human behavior

And I'm a raisin................................(<-- ellipsis on crack-->)...................................(<--mine-->)....................

...I stand by what I said.?By her description of his behavior, I believe he's not interested in her in a romantic way and she will chase him off by being too pushy and making him uncomfortable in the majority of their contacts.?

The funny thing is, I agree with you.

Now amend your statement.
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2006, 09:31:35 PM »

When a lot of my friends get serious we agree, there's no need to have a commitment this early. Also we agree friends (regardless of their sex) are better than girlfriends because it's just easier on everyone. Don't worry about him, just be a friend if you really like the guy.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2006, 10:09:44 PM »

When a lot of my friends get serious we agree, there's no need to have a commitment this early. Also we agree friends (regardless of their sex) are better than girlfriends because it's just easier on everyone. Don't worry about him, just be a friend if you really like the guy.

like he said, sex is better with friends than g/fs
Rocket_queen125
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2006, 10:29:07 PM »

dont ask dont tell
Sterlingdog
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2006, 11:12:33 AM »

and because I have (protruding as we speak) what some people call........................ nervous...................a cock........

You seem to like to point that out.?

And I'm a raisin
Really?? Do you get paid for that? Because believe it or not, I actually get paid to give people my opinions on human behavior.?

Done.? ?Wink
MCT
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2006, 12:55:29 PM »

I have (protruding as we speak) what some people call........................ nervous...................a cock........

You seem to like to point that out.?

I love a sharp wit. I think I'm falling in love with you.

And I'm a raisin

Really?

No. Raisins can't use computers.

Do you get paid for that?

Ah...how you wax burlesque... love

Because believe it or not, I actually get paid to give people my opinions on human behavior.?

Oh I believe you. Such clich?-ridden thought is perfect for that line of work. You've got the odds on your side and no doubt you're at least moderately successful.

But that's hardly impressive and approaches like yours are a dime a dozen.

Done.? ?Wink

... Kiss...

EDIT - Aren't there any other dickheads out there willing to admit to their humanity? That way we can force I don't stir the pot Sterling to make more edits!

Now wouldn't that be fun? Cheesy?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 01:00:28 PM by MCT » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2006, 01:09:50 PM »

EDIT - Aren't there any other dickheads out there willing to admit to their humanity?

I painted my toenails once and watched Mystic Pizza.................

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: