Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 03:54:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Let's get the demos played on as many stations as we can - generate buzz!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Let's get the demos played on as many stations as we can - generate buzz!  (Read 7408 times)
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2006, 04:37:48 PM »

But isn't it also an option that they leaked it on purpose, to generate a buzz (because that's what's going on right now) and they can always back out by saying it's just demos and we didn't want anybody to hear them.....

I still think they leaked on purpose because what I see is that the overall reaction seems positive to just demo's...what would the reaction be to the final product.....it think it's hype building....and if it isn't this is the way I would do it if I worked at a record company and had a product to sell in the near future....

The BUZZ has been generated by the fans, not the media. Some fans had the brightest idea, when the management clearly said STOP SPREADING THE LEAKS, to send the songs to radio stations, and from this very thread you can see that they still think it's wise...

I mean, look at your own response. You have read what the management said and you STILL THINK THEY DID IT ON PURPOSE...

DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2006, 04:38:26 PM »

Umm, but if the management don't want the band judged by this song?

/jarmo

Apparently every asshole that logs into a forum knows better than the management...

What about the fact that the public will be made aware that GnR still exists by all this air play? For once in along time GnR has free publicity and people are being made aware that Axl and GnR are working towards a new release

That will happen when the band will do a press conference or a press release.

They don't need a bunch of 15-year-olds to defy the decisions THEY take...

What decisions?

Merck was contacted by someone at MyGNR, otherwise he would have been oblivious to all of this.

I'm glad the heads of the fansites are able to talk with management, but that doesn't mean your heads have to be up their asses 24/7.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2006, 04:38:34 PM »

Do you think it's clever to do the opposite of what management has asked?

You really want people to make a judgement on the new GN'R album on an unfinished song that might not even be on the album?

That's like e-mailing them "Sentimental Movie" and asking them to play it....? nervous

/jarmo

No,

But a lot of stations are playing it and it is getting a semi-positive response. The main thing is it is putting the gnr name back in the public again which is what I want. I think if the name is in the public, people will be interested, and then when the real radio hit is on the air they will give it a real listen and hopefully buy the new album. No one is trying to sabotage the band Jarmo, everyone wants to see gnr back on top. peace

What about what AXL wants?? Its not about you.? I think its pathetic that you guys are basically *possibly* sabotaging the band that you claim to love so much.

We don't know what Axl wants... he hasn't made a statement. I don't care what the corporate elite want.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2006, 04:39:22 PM »

I never understand why anyone gives a fuck about the leaks being played.. Where else can you generate such publicity as with bad apples..? ?The management should be so happy this happens.. We the fans keep this new gnr machine alive..
Steel_Angel
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2006, 04:42:29 PM »

a question for the peeps who sent irs to the their local radio station..

Did any of you get credit??? like was your name mentioned??
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2006, 04:45:09 PM »

Merck was contacted by someone at MyGNR, otherwise he would have been oblivious to all of this.

Not true. The fact that songs were going to become public was something known to merck prior to the event.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2006, 04:45:49 PM »

You admins/mods really need to stop complaining over the gnr leaks. I know it's your duty to have the "do the right thing" attitude, but if you try to claim you haven't listened to them you have got to be a complete liar.
Also, if you try to claim that you wouldn't try to obtain the tracks because management said so, I believe you'd be lying too. I guarantee if I had T.W.A.T right now you'd be trying to obtain it via personal im.

Now in regards to the radio stations, you do have a valid point about the management has a right to not want the masses to hear unfinished demos... but I just disagree and think any type of gnr media exposure that is positive right now is a good thing.

We don't do this cause it's our duty or cause we're told we should do it. I believe in what I'm doing. When the artist says STOP, you should know it's better to stop...

Merck is Axl's representative. If you fail to understand that, I can't help you... You need help by proffesionals.

Steel_Angel
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2006, 04:47:01 PM »

professionals*
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2006, 04:47:25 PM »

We don't know what Axl wants... he hasn't made a statement. I don't care what the corporate elite want.

This isn't a michael moore film, don't just blame the corporations.

However if you really think that axl is happy to have leaked songs from his decade in the making album firing around the internet then you are welcome to your illusion.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2006, 04:47:30 PM »

With all due respect to the mods/admins, and I do mean respect since this is YOUR site and your forum - I 100% understand taking down links to leaks on your site....but if people want to send to radio stations (which I'm still on the fence to be honest, but leaning more to the "ok do it, but (insert guidelines/stipulations)" that is pretty much out of your control....right?  I think if you guys feel that strongly against it, then just delete and close any threads where people are trying to rally others to contact their radio staions.  Nobody could or should criticize you for that...its YOUR site and you guys are the bosses.  But if you're going to allow people to post whatever they want for the most part, even if its against what GNR wants, then I don't see why you're getting upset about it.

Its like the people saying we shouldn't leak anymore songs b/c THEY don't think its right.  Ok, thats cool...if YOU don't want to listen to leaks....don't.  but don't tell others not too.

In the case of posting links, you've been told not to and have told your members not to.  Done.  Now if you dont' want people posting about radio stations, just clamp down the same way you did with the leaks.  But if you're going to allow people to post about it, then I don't think you should criticize them for it.

Again, I mean this VERY respectfully as I really do love this site and all it has to offer.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2006, 04:47:42 PM »

come on now Christos that's not nice, you get pissed off if other members take pot shots at each other and look at the response you fed me. You have no idea how old I am or who I am yet you basically said I was immature.

I think the GnR world is an exciting place right now, maybe not for you mods hihi , but, it's the most excitement we've had since last april when IRS was leaked the first time

McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2006, 04:48:32 PM »

Jesus Christ, people!!!
The songs ain't our property!
Listen to Christos!!!

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2006, 04:51:05 PM »

Jesus Christ, people!!!
The songs ain't our property!
Listen to Christos!!!

Splash

/Mike

Hmm, if thats the case then none of us should have listened or emailed the songs when they first leaked to begin with.  Not trying to be a smart ass at all...but do you have Better or IRS or any bootlegs??

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
SADIS
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2006, 04:51:56 PM »

I mean, look at your own response. You have read what the management said and you STILL THINK THEY DID IT ON PURPOSE...

That's a little naive, don't you think?

You really think it's all coincidence that now they spread the Eddie Trunk cd, just at the same time when Axl starts appearing in public again? I'm not saying that I know for sure that they spread it on purpose but the timing seems all little bit suspicious....that's all I was saying....and like I said in my previous post, if I was ever to go work at a record company I would do it this way, no pun intended....
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2006, 04:52:06 PM »

Why would Axl work all these years just to release some rough demos to radio stations? ?Remember, he is a perfectionist. ?I just hope that Axl knows that there are some of us on the boards that are opposed to this, and that there are some of us who will not listen to the leaks. ?And would rather wait on Axl to deliver CD.

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2006, 04:52:58 PM »

professionals*

I'm so sorrrrry about thhaat...

I'm not from Ammmmeeeeerriiiiiiiccccccaaaaa soo mi englesh is not thaaat goood, I'm froooom Greeeeeeeceeeeeee.....

come on now Christos that's not nice, you get pissed off if other members take pot shots at each other and look at the response you fed me. You have no idea how old I am or who I am yet you basically said I was immature.

I think the GnR world is an exciting place right now, maybe not for you mods hihi , but, it's the most excitement we've had since last april when IRS was leaked the first time

I'm sorry if you took it personally but unfortunately I believe that when someone defies a guy who's been in the business like forever, he's being immature.

Let's say you're 30 or even 40 and your job is a butcher or the guy who works in anything else BUT marketing. Is it wise to defy someone who's in the business forever?

nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2006, 04:55:10 PM »

You really think it's all coincidence that now they spread the Eddie Trunk cd, just at the same time when Axl starts appearing in public again? I'm not saying that I know for sure that they spread it on purpose but the timing seems all little bit suspicious....that's all I was saying....and like I said in my previous post, if I was ever to go work at a record company I would do it this way, no pun intended....

Also, remember that website which had listed "Guns n' Roses - untitled album" as currently being mastered, and when we pointed it out they removed it right away?

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2006, 04:58:07 PM »

I'm sorry if you took it personally but unfortunately I believe that when someone defies a guy who's been in the business like forever, he's being immature.

Let's say you're 30 or even 40 and your job is a butcher or the guy who works in anything else BUT marketing. Is it wise to defy someone who's in the business forever?

True, and I didn't really get upset about it no prob beer

No they are the professionals, and know what's best, you are right. ok

But I still think things are kinda exciting right now. Shit like this doesn't happen to often with this band. I mean we died forever to even get a glimpse of Axl and now we've had multiple citings a dozen new pictures and a song and a half!!!! That's fucking crazy! You gotta admit that. It seems that when it rains, it fucking pours hihi

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2006, 04:59:24 PM »

I'm sorry but I can't answer anymore, I feel like noone even reads my answers. It's like those politicians who will say what they want without listening to anyone. You people know everything and noone else has any knowledge, they're simply evil people who want to stop you.

It's like you're the fans and I'm not, I'm the evil mod who is always ass kissing... Go figure...

If you feel it's wise to spread the leaks go on and do it... After all this is a democracy. But know that it is against the band's will.

Steel_Angel
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2006, 04:59:36 PM »

professionals*

I'm so sorrrrry about thhaat...

I'm not from Ammmmeeeeerriiiiiiiccccccaaaaa soo mi englesh is not thaaat goood, I'm froooom Greeeeeeeceeeeeee.....

rofl. thats soooooo funny.

so how many people have submitted the demo to radio stations?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 05:01:44 PM by Steel_Angel » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: