Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 03:29:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Let's get the demos played on as many stations as we can - generate buzz!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Let's get the demos played on as many stations as we can - generate buzz!  (Read 7382 times)
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2006, 03:45:01 PM »

OK I sent this, feel free to cut/paste to your local stations:

Dear (fill in the blank),

As you are likely aware, two demo versions of new Guns n' Roses material have been leaked onto internet and are being played at radio stations all over north america (see forums at www.heretodaygonetohell.com).

The music is a MAJOR departure from GNR's previous work, and I think (fill in the blank) should consider playing the tracks.  It would also be interesting to poll for listener comments.

I have attached the mp3 files for your consideration.  If you do play them, could you please let me know via email?

Regards,
(fill in the blank)

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2006, 03:47:14 PM »

OK I sent this, feel free to cut/paste to your local stations:

Dear (fill in the blank),

As you are likely aware, two demo versions of new Guns n' Roses material have been leaked onto internet and are being played at radio stations all over north america (see forums at www.heretodaygonetohell.com).

The music is a MAJOR departure from GNR's previous work, and I think (fill in the blank) should consider playing the tracks.  It would also be interesting to poll for listener comments.

I have attached the mp3 files for your consideration.  If you do play them, could you please let me know via email?

Regards,
(fill in the blank)

I'd stress more that they are demos/unfinished and are unofficial releases.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2006, 03:48:45 PM »

OK well do it then, i just pasted what I wrote to save people time  ok

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2006, 04:19:40 PM »

Do you think it's clever to do the opposite of what management has asked?

You really want people to make a judgement on the new GN'R album on an unfinished song that might not even be on the album?

That's like e-mailing them "Sentimental Movie" and asking them to play it....  nervous

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2006, 04:20:21 PM »

That's like e-mailing them "Sentimental Movie" and asking them to play it....  nervous

/jarmo

rofl rofl rofl

Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2006, 04:21:42 PM »

/jarmo

Yeah but sentimental movie sucked , was piss poor quality and gnr had not been working on an album for ten years at the time.

Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2006, 04:22:05 PM »

You really want people to make a judgement on the new GN'R album on an unfinished song that might not even be on the album?

That's like e-mailing them "Sentimental Movie" and asking them to play it....? nervous

/jarmo

No,

But a lot of stations are playing it and it is getting a semi-positive response. The main thing is it is putting the gnr name back in the public again which is what I want. I think if the name is in the public, people will be interested, and then when the real radio hit is on the air they will give it a real listen and hopefully buy the new album. No one is trying to sabotage the band Jarmo, everyone wants to see gnr back on top. peace
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2006, 04:23:32 PM »

That's like e-mailing them "Sentimental Movie" and asking them to play it....? nervous

Let's put it this way -

Would you rather have the mainstream's lasting impression of the current lineup be the 2002 MTV Video Music Awards performance, or these demos?

I'll go with the latter.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2006, 04:25:12 PM »

Yeah, i agree, I am tired of hearing people claim Axl's voice is completely shot and won't be good in the studio. rant
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2006, 04:26:22 PM »

I honestly don't get it...

It's like talking to 10-year-olds who simply don't understand shit.

Well, I guess that shows how much you respect the band. No matter how long has it taken to release an album or any other excuse you'll find, it just shows how much you respect the band...

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2006, 04:27:14 PM »

Umm, but if the management don't want the band judged by this song?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2006, 04:28:51 PM »

/jarmo

Apparently every asshole that logs into a forum knows better than the management...

Steel_Angel
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2006, 04:30:52 PM »

/jarmo

Apparently every asshole that logs into a forum knows better than the management...
mom?
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2006, 04:31:53 PM »

/jarmo

mom?
grandma?
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2006, 04:32:55 PM »

/jarmo

mom?

Trust me, you don't want an answer at the moment...

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2006, 04:33:05 PM »

/jarmo

What about the fact that the public will be made aware that GnR still exists by all this air play? For once in along time GnR has free publicity and people are being made aware that Axl and GnR are working towards a new release

SADIS
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2006, 04:33:50 PM »

But isn't it also an option that they leaked it on purpose, to generate a buzz (because that's what's going on right now) and they can always back out by saying it's just demos and we didn't want anybody to hear them.....

I still think they leaked on purpose because what I see is that the overall reaction seems positive to just demo's...what would the reaction be to the final product.....it think it's hype building....and if it isn't this is the way I would do it if I worked at a record company and had a product to sell in the near future....
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2006, 04:34:45 PM »

/jarmo

What about the fact that the public will be made aware that GnR still exists by all this air play? For once in along time GnR has free publicity and people are being made aware that Axl and GnR are working towards a new release

That will happen when the band will do a press conference or a press release.

They don't need a bunch of 15-year-olds to defy the decisions THEY take...

mrsaxlrose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2006, 04:37:03 PM »

/jarmo

No,

But a lot of stations are playing it and it is getting a semi-positive response. The main thing is it is putting the gnr name back in the public again which is what I want. I think if the name is in the public, people will be interested, and then when the real radio hit is on the air they will give it a real listen and hopefully buy the new album. No one is trying to sabotage the band Jarmo, everyone wants to see gnr back on top. peace

What about what AXL wants?  Its not about you.  I think its pathetic that you guys are basically *possibly* sabotaging the band that you claim to love so much.

Yes, dammit, I WILL be Mrs. Axl Rose someday soon....
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2006, 04:37:23 PM »

You admins/mods really need to stop complaining over the gnr leaks. I know it's your duty to have the "do the right thing" attitude, but if you try to claim you haven't listened to them you have got to be a complete liar.
Also, if you try to claim that you wouldn't try to obtain the tracks because management said so, I believe you'd be lying too. I guarantee if I had T.W.A.T right now you'd be trying to obtain it via personal im.

Now in regards to the radio stations, you do have a valid point about the management has a right to not want the masses to hear unfinished demos... but I just disagree and think any type of gnr media exposure that is positive right now is a good thing.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: