Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 05:00:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  FYI: 93x playing I.R.S. in about 5 minutes
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: FYI: 93x playing I.R.S. in about 5 minutes  (Read 9727 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2006, 02:08:06 PM »

OK, I know..no lyrics.? But..at 2:40-ish...is he really saying "working on my fucking record for so long"?

Really?

its  broken record

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2006, 02:52:51 PM »

And I wasnt sure if telling everyone to send this to their local radio stations was really a good idea when I first mentioned it. lol

This thing has blown the fuck up huh? For a fucking DEMO leaked to the net? wow.

Imagine if it actually got on the charts or became the most requested song on stations!  rofl

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2006, 02:54:15 PM »

Smashing pumpkins on now.

In NYC, we dont have a station that plays music like this anymore.

Can you believe it??

I know, you would think NYC would have a TON of rock stations.  Krock was a total joke though...i'm kinda glad its gone.  I hope a new one comes in soon that plays GOOD rock

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2006, 02:57:45 PM »

And I wasnt sure if telling everyone to send this to their local radio stations was really a good idea when I first mentioned it. lol

This thing has blown the fuck up huh? For a fucking DEMO leaked to the net? wow.

Imagine if it actually got on the charts or became the most requested song on stations!? rofl

It is for some CT station.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2006, 03:01:11 PM »

Imagine if it actually got on the charts or became the most requested song on stations!? rofl

That being, of course, WCCC in Hartford. Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2006, 03:06:02 PM »

Imagine if it actually got on the charts or became the most requested song on stations!  rofl

Are you serious? It is the most requested song on WCCC?

love

« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 03:08:22 PM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
holtzmn73
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2006, 03:11:21 PM »

I was listening to the 93X morning show this morning and they played both IRS and Better multiple times. They really liked Better once the song kicked in. They talked alot, maybe 15 minutes about Axl and the songs, mostly very positive stuff, the y pretty much all agreed that its really nice to hear something from Axl again.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2006, 03:14:27 PM »

I just checked the 93X website.   There is a section where you vote for the song you want to win in the nightly "Cage Match".  They show last night's winner (some song called "The Beast & The Harlot" by some band called Avenged Sevenfold).  In a space where they show the song going against it, it simply says:

CHECK BACK FOR THE NEW CONTENDER

Just an FYI.  We should all be checking back throughout the day and vote for IRS as often as possible.

By the way, I used to live in Minneapolis.  I remember one of the 93X DJ's getting into a ton of trouble for playing "StarF***ers, Inc" by Nine Inch Nails way before it was released.  We have an "X" station (sister station of 93 X) where I currently live (northern Minnesota).  I'm curious if they are playing IRS as well.

-Banny

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2006, 03:17:05 PM »

^^^OK well give us the link for the vote

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2006, 03:18:30 PM »

LMFAO and OF COURSE it will beat avenged sevenfold

hahah wtf is that???

Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2006, 03:18:39 PM »

Yeah. ?That would help, would'nt it?

Here you go:

http://www.93x.com/cagematch.asp

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
holtzmn73
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2006, 03:19:59 PM »

They play the two songs around 9 PM Central time and then play the winner back around 10:30PM central time. So I don't think you can vote until after the two songs have been played.
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2006, 03:20:20 PM »

beer

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
SonofAGun
Rocker

Original fan Circa 87, Shaq and Roses?

« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2006, 03:22:07 PM »

LMFAO and OF COURSE it will beat avenged sevenfold

hahah wtf is that???

Avenged sevenfold is a band that loves and are big fans of GNR and Axl , funny enough.
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2006, 03:23:41 PM »

^^^with all respect, it sounds like the genre kurt cobain destroyed

Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2006, 03:31:15 PM »

Sounded like it was going to be part of a countdown show at 9 as well. Presumably where listeners vote for it.

Yeah, my idea when I sent them the clips.

http://rapidshare.de/files/13466645/01_93X...nt_IRS.mp3.html

I sent them the clips last night, with a request for them to be played at 6:25. They played them at 6:23. I didn't grab my phone untill about a minute into the segment.

The DJ started off "What about Guns N' Roses? I got this clip emailed to me from a fan, and I almost shit myself, I was like that was me...

IT was fuckin' cool.

I live in MPLS...
I never listen to the radio anymore, but I'm fairly surprised 93X would be playing this as a demo they got from the internet.

Wouldn't it be nice if this SPED UP the process, and Universal/Geffen rushed a promo CD out for the first single off the new CD (which probably isn't IRS) to capitalize on the buzz and get the "demo-quality" IRS recording off the radio? Either that, or just give radio the final version if IRS?
Geffen must love to buzz, but hate that people are making judgements on a song that probably isn't going to be a single, and is still in demo form. A majority of mainstream people might think this is as good as the stuff will sound (sonically speaking), and we know that can't be true

I was the one who sent the clips to The Half Assed Morning Show. I live in Bloomington.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
holtzmn73
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2006, 03:36:34 PM »

I was the one who sent the clips to The Half Assed Morning Show. I live in Bloomington.

Right about 5:30 this morning one of them said "guess who this band is" and before even playing anything the other two guys knew it was GNR, then they talked about the songs for about15 minutes.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2006, 03:37:08 PM »

Right about 5:30 this morning one of them said "guess who this band is" and before even playing anything the other two guys knew it was GNR, then they talked about the songs for about15 minutes.

why did they say

Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2006, 03:43:56 PM »

Hmm, I missed the 5:30CST chat, but recorded half of the 6:22CST chat about IRS.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
holtzmn73
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2006, 03:48:17 PM »

why did they say

Basically how they liked Better alot, although they didn't know the name at the time. THey ripped on the intro though. They talked about how much they missed Axl and GNR and how it was great to hear something from him again. They played IRS a second time and then one of them said it was starting to grow on him, they didn't care too much for it the first time they played it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: