Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 01:24:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Red Herring???
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Red Herring???  (Read 3152 times)
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« on: February 17, 2006, 12:09:47 PM »

Not sure if this has been brought up in any of the leak threads (past & present), but does anyone think it's possible that these tracks are just red herrings?

Some believe they were leaked on purpose and I can't say I entirely disagree. If Sanctuary or whoever was going to leak something, why not a song that was already leaked almost two years ago (just in better quality). Notice it's only a demo, too. Then there is the 80 seconds of 'Better'...

What is everyone doing right now at each forum? Bugging the shit out of Dark, Wes and whoever else to leak TWAT. Not saying that they have inside knowledge of some distraction plot, but you gotta admit, this has all gotten EVERYONE'S attention and most of us are looking in the same direction right now.

That's how the magician works his magic. 'Look at this hand over here'...while the real magic is happening in the other.

All I'm saying is that IF these tracks were leaked purposely by GN'R or their management, it's plausible to think the reasoning behind it would be to fool pirates, hackers and others who would rather see CD on the internet before it's released.

Personally, I expect there to be some kind of 'damage control' when it comes time to release CD in order to avoid it leaking online before it's in stores. What that could be, I have no idea (earlier release than announced, perhaps, like other artists have done???). But this would be a clever way to keep everyone's gaze fixed in a certain direction while at the same time building up the momentum and safely delivering the product in the end.

As my signature has been saying all along..."I knew the storm was getting closer!"

REAL CLOSE, I think!  Cool

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 12:13:19 PM »

Damn you! rant I thought you were leaking a big gun called 'Red Herring'. hihi

darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 12:13:51 PM »

I agree.  But on a different track.  I think all the Slash back in GNR talk is a red herring, to distract from any actual plans going on 'behind the scenes'

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
conny
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 12:18:04 PM »

I think all the Slash back in GNR talk is a red herring, to distract from any actual plans going on 'behind the scenes'

-darknemus

Maybe you just need to replace the top hatted one with another *cough* name there...?
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 12:22:16 PM »

everyone tinks theres a ton "going on" behind the scenes and what not. My opinion? Axl went home after his few outings in vegas , b-day bash and all , went to his bedroom , went to sleep and hasnt left his bedroom since.  hihi

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2006, 12:23:15 PM »

everyone tinks theres a ton "going on" behind the scenes and what not. My opinion? Axl went home after his few outings in vegas , b-day bash and all , went to his bedroom , went to sleep and hasnt left his bedroom since.? hihi

He went to New York.  Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Sandinista
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2006, 12:24:01 PM »

and then he sent Lisa Reed after us?
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2006, 12:25:03 PM »

everyone tinks theres a ton "going on" behind the scenes and what not. My opinion? Axl went home after his few outings in vegas , b-day bash and all , went to his bedroom , went to sleep and hasnt left his bedroom since.  hihi

He went to New York.  Tongue

/jarmo

OK , AFTER his stint in New York then.  peace

And no he ddnt send Lisa Reed after us , he wont even know about these leaks until he wakes up and reads HTGTH.  ok

Sandinista
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2006, 12:28:15 PM »

Or maybe he'll find out in a strip club in Havana or something
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2006, 01:32:23 PM »

[scene opens]

Red headed, scruffy, shirtless man with long hair gets out of bed, stumbles to the kitchen, and grabs some OJ out of the fridge.? The settings are pretty posh, if a bit "cluttered".

He opens the container, downs some OJ straight from the carton, wipes his mouth with the back of his hand, and heads over to the "breakfast bar".?

Man grabs laptop, flips up a screen, and boots up the computer.? The glow of the Windows XP start up screen is reflected on his face.? He clicks the "MrMojo" login icon, double clicks on Internet Explorer, and suddenly we see the oh so familiar HTGTH forum appear as his home page.

Camera pans back to show man deeply engrossed in reading the forum, clicking away.

"FUCKING HOLY SHIT MOTHERFUCKER"

Screen fades to black.

Smiley
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 02:24:25 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2006, 01:34:11 PM »

plausible to think the reasoning behind it would be to fool pirates, hackers and others who would rather see CD on the internet before it's released.

I think your right.

And I'm speculating an iTunes release.

No manufacturing buildup required, gets these tracks online without them being stolen, etc.
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2006, 01:45:29 PM »

plausible to think the reasoning behind it would be to fool pirates, hackers and others who would rather see CD on the internet before it's released.

I think your right.

And I'm speculating an iTunes release.

No manufacturing buildup required, gets these tracks online without them being stolen, etc.

I didn't think of that...but that's a good point.

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2006, 02:15:08 PM »

[scene opens]

Red headed, scruffy, shirtless man with long hair gets out of bed, stumbles to the kitchen, and grabs some OJ out of the fridge.? The settings are pretty posh, if a bit "cluttered".

He opens the container, downs some OJ straight from the carton, wipes his hand, and heads over to the "breakfast bar".?

Man grabs laptop, flips up a screen, and boots up the computer.? The glow of the Windows XP start up screen is reflected on his face.? He clicks the "MrMojo" login icon, double clicks on Internet Explorer, and suddenly we see the oh so familiar HTGTH forum appear as his home page.

Camera pans back to show man deeply engrossed in reading the forum, clicking away.

"FUCKING HOLY SHIT MOTHERFUCKER"

Screen fades to black.

Smiley

LOL - Love it.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2006, 02:16:35 PM »

I think they were leaked by Axl or someone. I find it odd he mentions BETTER and now IRS and part of BETTER has leaked. I think they want the whole song BETTER to leak out but the people that have it are worried

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2006, 02:26:56 PM »

We might see an itunes release initially (single, maybe early album preview), but there will definitely be a physical CD.

MP3 (or Apple's version) are not full quality digital audio.  On a good sound setup, they can sound muddy and nowhere near as good as  CD quality.  Axl, being the perfectionist he is, is going to want his material to maintain as much fidelity as possible.

Not to mention....the label is going to want a traditional CD release.  They'd pretty much demand it, I think.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2006, 02:31:07 PM »

I think they were leaked by Axl or someone. I find it odd he mentions BETTER and now IRS and part of BETTER has leaked. I think they want the whole song BETTER to leak out but the people that have it are worried

Here's my guess:

they started distributing some of these 'sample cds' to a few people a little while back... maybe just 20-30 at first. the cds only have 3 real songs on them, and they're demos not finals, so not much harm can come of them. then they start to spread... circulate... and people start talking....

i don't think they'd be too upset if another song and a half leak, because they know nothing more is coming out. it's a controlled leak.

just my guess, i could clearly be wrong.

now you know me better
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2006, 02:32:00 PM »

Who leaks 80 seconds of a song... it is almost like an iTunes preview baiting you to buy the album.

Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2006, 02:32:15 PM »

what would be the point
the only people who care about GNR ..... we are.

that march date sounds too wierd. i mean .... marketing anybody ?

99% of the music listener dont care about these leaks
we only care. and it's just ruining the pleasure and surprise for us. don't do any good.

AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2006, 02:33:48 PM »

Who leaks 80 seconds of a song... it is almost like an iTunes preview baiting you to buy the album.

SOME people have more than 80 seconds. they're just scared to release it.

i can pretty much guarantee that.

that's why i agree with the person who said the whole song was intended to be released (if you buy into the fact that it was intentional)

now you know me better
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2006, 02:36:29 PM »

SOME people have more than 80 seconds. they're just scared to release it.

i can pretty much guarantee that.

that's why i agree with the person who said the whole song was intended to be released (if you buy into the fact that it was intentional)

they're just scared to release it, or waiting. but hey, what do i know?

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: