Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:21:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl says problem solved by end of March?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl says problem solved by end of March?  (Read 9231 times)
Sandinista
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2006, 12:20:54 PM »

It doesn't make sense
If you would have told me last month that Axl would play Chinese Democracy at a strip club in the wee hours of the morning, I would have said it didnt make sense. Nothing makes sense in the GNR world.
If you told me that today I'd say it doesn't make sense.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2006, 12:21:41 PM »

Right now promotion wouldnt need to be very big, as there is a HUGE buzz surrounding guns. If Axl came out today and said the album was going to be released on such and such a day the buzz would grow 10 fold.

You are in the middle of all the promotion they need.  Tongue Web-Blogs, Radio Stations, News Networks, Message Boards. Everyone is talking about Gn'R.

thats what i meant.....

Hm,
I think the buzz isn't as huge as you think.
The problem is to be objective. Of course we all know about the leaks and every radiostation who has some gnr news.
But the common people don't know. I have asked some friends of mine, who even like gnr, and they haven't heard anything about the leaks.

Alot of internet sites (non gnr sites) are reporting about it and its being played on radio startions to millions of people. I would say thats some damn big promotion/buzz going on there....
Sandinista
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2006, 12:23:14 PM »

What kinda stuff happened right before the illusions, official statement or something?
They recorded an album.
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2006, 12:23:38 PM »

Yeah, just because you're friends are g'nr fans doesn't mean that they look up at the internet. Just wait for the fire to spread.
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2006, 12:30:14 PM »

What kinda stuff happened right before the illusions, official statement or something?

Release date announced
About thirty days or so
Before the street date.

Splash

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2006, 12:33:38 PM »

Release date announced
About thirty days or so
Before the street date.

Splash

/Mike

I remember they also announced the premiere date/time for the YCBM video on MTV.  Never forget watching that with my VCR ready thinking "wow, they are BACK!!!"

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2006, 12:34:42 PM »

I would hate to think anyone would put words into axl's mouth

BUT probably this radio station heard the leaks, pieced it together with slash's statement about march being the release month, and then reported that axl said it.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
SLCPUNK
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2006, 12:48:18 PM »

I could see cd coming out in march if it was late, late march.

March..............2009
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2006, 12:49:24 PM »

Hmmm I'll give veronica(The radiostation)a call tomorrow Smiley
Rocker

« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2006, 12:51:07 PM »

Alot of internet sites (non gnr sites) are reporting about it and its being played on radio startions to millions of people. I would say thats some damn big promotion/buzz going on there....

In my opinion they need much more promotion if cd is on it's way.
Think of any HUGE bands today like U2. I think the whole world knew when HTDAAB was going to be released.
Colt 1911
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2006, 12:55:25 PM »

coolt i hope its not a damn joke.
remcognr
Rocker

#remcognr

« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2006, 08:14:58 PM »

wow... ok, this is getting a little out of hand. :-)

I have had several email contacts with this radio dj from Veronica. (this started when the new Axl pics -with the goatee- showed up) I've showed him those pics, this forum & website. He was pretty cool about it all, and thanked me on national radio and even named www.heretodaygonetohell.com. So, the day after IRS & Better were leaked, I told him about it, and that they were floating around. I used the word 'clip', but in Dutch that mainly means "videoclip'. My mistake, but I was reading the word in English context everywhere... So, it's very probable they didn't have the (audio) clips yet by the time they published this article on their site. (Since they believed a videoclip was leaked, instead of the audio file)
I also told him about SLASH's remarks on the release of CD in March. He probably didn't 'understand' me well, and published a slightly different story of AXL saying this... Kinda freedom of expression... :-)

Today I got an email of him saying he might wanna play it during his show. I haven't been able to listen to it the whole 2 hours, so don't know if he did yet. (I told him that it'll probably be illegal, but he wasn't convinced...) Tomorrow he's got another show, so who knows...

Anyway, hope this clears things up a bit. The source was informed by me (maybe some others as well), but "rearranged" my info a bit.

remco

"There's A Lot Goin'On"

Check out my GN'R collection on insta: www.instagram.com/remcognr
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2006, 08:21:39 PM »

March..............2009

Is that confirmed?
Who is your source?
Do you have a link?

Did I forget anything?

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
dangnr
Headliner

My babys gotta locomotive

« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2006, 08:23:49 PM »

Axl might just get pissed off, and go into hiding! for another 10 years
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2006, 08:31:55 PM »

rofl @ kujo
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2006, 08:32:51 PM »

In my opinion they need much more promotion if cd is on it's way.
Think of any HUGE bands today like U2. I think the whole world knew when HTDAAB was going to be released.

while i dont believe for a moment that chinese democracy will see the light of day this coming march, i do think you're underestimating the power that the axl rose and guns n roses names and brand carry. u2 et al dont really need to have such a fanfare over their new album and tours, but they arent a comparison anyway. guns and axl are a unique (to say the least) case. and (though im not sure about distribution and pressing and that malarky) it would be entirely possible for them to announce a release date in a weeks time and the world to go utterly nuts.

such is the myth and power of the band, axl and this record that a buzz and attention are a split second away, and it would take very, very little to catapult them back into a prominent position in the cultural psyche and the mainstream media.

Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2006, 08:36:01 PM »

First off, love the name philspectorshot me ok

second, U2's biggest promotion was the Ipod commercial with Vertigo and than SNL the weekend before the release, other than that I dont recall alot of hype. You can be sure that GnR wont be selling unreleased songs for commercials................ I hope Undecided

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2006, 08:58:05 PM »

It's only just over mid Feb now.. plenty of time for marketing. Anyway we may just get a single or soundtrack song or something around this time period with the album more toward the US summer.

If they do have a track on the Da Vinci Code movie soundtrack, maybe we will have 1991 all over again, ? la You Could Be Mine/ T2. Man, that would be awesome. The Da Vinci Code is gonna be one of the biggest movies of 2006, and surely CD will be one of the biggest music releases this year too. The movie is coming out in may...a single in march or april?

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: