Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 02:21:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl says problem solved by end of March?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl says problem solved by end of March?  (Read 9255 times)
godiva
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2006, 11:33:52 AM »

My guess is that the station got the information off the internet. I tried to contact them. In the meantime, since I am an English teacher and I am Dutch, let me translate the article for you:

Nieuwe Guns n' Roses lekt uit
New GNR leaks

Veronica (name of station)
Twee nieuwe Guns n' Roses-nummers zijn momenteel te downloaden via het internet.
Two new gnr songs can be downloaded off the internet right now.

Het gaat om het nummer 'Better', waarvan een videoclip circuleert en de track 'I.R.S.', die al in 2003 werd geschreven en toen al in het bezit kwam van de Amerikaanse deejay Eddie Trunk.
It concerns the track 'Better' of which a video clip (yes, that is what it says!) is circulating and the track "IRS', which was written in 2003 and came into possession of the American DJ Eddie Trunk. (I guess they assume it is the same recording, but I don't quite agree with that theory)

Zanger Axl Rose is er niet blij mee, maar zegt, dat het probleem eind maart is opgelost. Dan ligt het nieuwe album van de heren namelijk gewoon in de winkel.
Singer Axl Rose isn't pleased with this, but says that the problem would be solved at the end of March. That's when the new album of the gentlemen (plural) will be for sale in stores.

End of article. Very sloppy translation, but I guess you can understand. Doesn't state a source.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2006, 11:34:33 AM »

Be great if it happens, but personally I don't think its legit.  Reporters seem to be taking a lot of liberties with quotes and information concerning CD.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
long_live_freddie
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2006, 11:34:53 AM »

Slash was telling the truth? Shocked
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2006, 11:35:12 AM »

slash was right he knew Grin
long_live_freddie
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2006, 11:40:03 AM »

Slash is my hero. HE knew all along. Of course, banking on this story being true. smoking
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2006, 11:41:50 AM »

Although former Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash told a Philadelphia radio station last week that he heard a March release date was on tap for the long-delayed Gn'R album, the band's management has told "people" that no release date has been set. Slash said that he had learned about the March date from sources inside the Guns camp. A management spokesperson said that the new album, titled Chinese Democracy, "is coming," but its official arrival date had not at that timebeen "officially" determined, It will however be announced very soon and has now been "officially" determined. I am not saying Slash was wrong, just very-unofficial, if you get what I am saying.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2006, 11:44:29 AM »

Axl just a few weeks ago said that 26/32 songs were not done.

Considering the geologic timescale on which this band operates, I doubt very strongly that March could ever be feasible.

I hope they surprise me. I really do.

But I do think now that the promotion for this album has to be very short and  very furious.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2006, 11:45:13 AM »

Although former Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash told a Philadelphia radio station last week that he heard a March release date was on tap for the long-delayed Gn'R album, the band's management has told "people" that no release date has been set. Slash said that he had learned about the March date from sources inside the Guns camp. A management spokesperson said that the new album, titled Chinese Democracy, "is coming," but its official arrival date had not at that timebeen "officially" determined, It will however be announced very soon and has now been "officially" determined. I am not saying Slash was wrong, just very-unofficial, if you get what I am saying.

where did you get his from??

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2006, 11:46:14 AM »

Right now promotion wouldnt need to be very big, as there is a HUGE buzz surrounding guns. If Axl came out today and said the album was going to be released on such and such a day the buzz would grow 10 fold.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2006, 11:46:52 AM »

Axl just a few weeks ago said that 26/32 songs were not done.

Considering the geologic timescale on which this band operates, I doubt very strongly that March could ever be feasible.

I hope they surprise me. I really do.

But I do think now that the promotion for this album has to be very short and? very furious.

Unless it was a double album they only need half that amount or even less for one solid album
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2006, 11:47:08 AM »

It's only just over mid Feb now.. plenty of time for marketing. Anyway we may just get a single or soundtrack song or something around this time period with the album more toward the US summer.

OH MY GOD, you have some kind of special summer in the US? Damn, why did I come in the middle of the winter...  hihi

Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2006, 11:48:04 AM »

Right now promotion wouldnt need to be very big, as there is a HUGE buzz surrounding guns. If Axl came out today and said the album was going to be released on such and such a day the buzz would grow 10 fold.

You are in the middle of all the promotion they need.? Tongue Web-Blogs, Radio Stations, News Networks, Message Boards. Everyone is talking about Gn'R.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 11:49:41 AM by Oh My Choking Soul » Logged

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2006, 11:51:07 AM »

You are in the middle of all the promotion they need.  Tongue Web-Blogs, Radio Stations, News Networks, Message Boards. Everyone is talking about Gn'R.

thats what i meant.....
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2006, 11:51:25 AM »

Also they can't risk anymore leaks.

We have a taste of CD now. They need some live performances and perhaps someone to interview Axl.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2006, 11:52:55 AM »

You are in the middle of all the promotion they need.? Tongue Web-Blogs, Radio Stations, News Networks, Message Boards. Everyone is talking about Gn'R.

that is true.. but ?why dont they start teasing with a new website.. i always hoped for a Official GNR website, "THAT WORKS". The gnronlie thing is a joke..
and there is a videoclip from better? where does that source come from?

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2006, 11:58:51 AM »

I could see cd coming out in march if it was late, late march.
godiva
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2006, 11:59:49 AM »

I think they mis-translated the word 'clip' (not whole song) with video clip. So, they didn't do their homework. Very unreliable source, BTW. Veronica is all right, but Shownews gets their stories from the gutter, where most of these stories should stay IMO.
Woooo!
Headliner

Yeah, we all know Better...

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2006, 12:16:35 PM »

Who cares. We will get it when we get it. I seriously doubt a radio station in Holland got an interview with Axl Rose. It doesn't make sense although we clearly know nothing of his goings on.

There's not anymore that I can do...
Rocker

« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2006, 12:18:43 PM »

You are in the middle of all the promotion they need.  Tongue Web-Blogs, Radio Stations, News Networks, Message Boards. Everyone is talking about Gn'R.

thats what i meant.....

Hm,
I think the buzz isn't as huge as you think.
The problem is to be objective. Of course we all know about the leaks and every radiostation who has some gnr news.
But the common people don't know. I have asked some friends of mine, who even like gnr, and they haven't heard anything about the leaks.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 12:20:34 PM by 0001001 » Logged
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2006, 12:19:45 PM »

It doesn't make sense
If you would have told me last month that Axl would play Chinese Democracy at a strip club in the wee hours of the morning, I would have said it didnt make sense. Nothing makes sense in the GNR world.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: