Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 05:28:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  anyone feel better or irs is the lower half of gnr music
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: anyone feel better or irs is the lower half of gnr music  (Read 12702 times)
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2006, 11:44:17 AM »

I have to disagree man, for me Better is better then madagascar now. And IRS is tried with chinese d. Both are really awesome songs and if better was released as a single it would be huge.
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2006, 11:44:26 AM »

From what little we heard of Better, it's a great song, instantly catchy with a beat. ?Axl sounds current and light years beyond what any of his sunstrip peers have managed to do, and yet manages to retain his trademark sounds as well. ?I would say that's very good. ?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2006, 11:45:56 AM »

I'll say better is better then irs imo.... Anyone posting these links on other forums outside of gnr to get some opinions??
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2006, 11:46:53 AM »

I have to disagree man, for me Better is better then madagascar now. And IRS is tried with chinese d. Both are really awesome songs and if better was released as a single it would be huge.

I need to hear the rest of Better to make that judgement.

Studio Maddie has to be unbelievable though.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2006, 11:47:25 AM »

I'll say better is better then irs imo.... Anyone posting these links on other forums outside of gnr to get some opinions??

most people over at the velvet rope think that better would be an instant hit and that IRS is really good as well....
hally187
Rocker

Booooiiiiiiinnnngggg

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2006, 12:20:35 PM »

when I heard the first bit of 'Better' (and i dont mean this in a bad way) but the first thing that came into my head was gwen stefanie, it sounded like something she'd sing! I think this is a guitar based rock song, and I'm not saying its bad, i think that the guitar, the effects and the way its repeated through the song is awesome. I also like that robin is singing near the end, it makes it edgy and makes me wonder what axls gonna do next, but yeah... My only concerns are that the lyrics arent fluent, its as if theyre just meant to rhyme a certain way, same feel i get with IRS, i dont think the singing sounds right until he sings the "all that I wanted was.." bit.  It bugs me a bit that people say this stuff is so great because compare this to appetite, with singles like WTTJ, paradise city and SCOM and its pretty pissy, its not bad at all, but i really dont think either of these songs have enough of a hook in the rhythm if that makes sense? They arent final mixes, and i'd say they are just a glimpse of whats to come.  I think people are generally more excited by the fact they have new gnr material than they are by the actual songs, but thats just my opinion.
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2006, 01:34:55 PM »

from what've heard of the new material, I like IRS and Better (from the snippet we heard better than Maddy, The Blues, et all....

that being said....if Better is best Chi Dem has to offer, Chi Dem will be my 3rd favorite GnR album behind AFD and UYI I&II
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2006, 01:39:45 PM »

btw: Where is the PIANO on 'Better' and 'IRS'?

No piano, just some mad bongo playing by Mr. Reed  ok

As for upper or lower half... Better has the potential to be in upper half and I think IRS scrapes into the upper half

I think The Blues is at the top of the GNR music for me personally and Madagascar in the top 5 definitely. God I love those songs.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2006, 01:40:38 PM »

Dont forget there will be synth added to these songs too

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2006, 02:25:00 PM »

I like the songs but I also agree they aren't "amazing" either. Hopefully the final versions will be different but I also think that most of their best songs we haven't even heard or heard of yet!!!
this is one reason why they didnt want leaks.. to get any wrong initial impressions...

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Irish rose
Rocker

You're Gonna Die!!

« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2006, 02:41:33 PM »

I dont think the songs are spectacular...I think Axls voice doesnt sound all that far from what he sounded like live in 2002 (which is a huge disappointment to me)...

Axl definitely adds a lot to the song however...Had he not been singing I think the songs would sound quite generic...

I'd still put madagascar and the Blues above these two...

however i'll still look forward to hearing the finished versions of these songs...

"I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich"
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2006, 02:59:45 PM »

Huh I hear organ or wind kinda sounds on better and I thought it from the keyboard.

most people over at the velvet rope think that better would be an instant hit and that IRS is really good as well....
Wow I agree with the velvet rope ppl. Shocked

I'd rank IRS n better among the upper, maddy and the blues among the lower. And the latter songs are still excellent. smoking
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2006, 03:12:41 PM »

Damn, is it declare war on Mike day? At least he's giving his honest opinion about the songs. No reason to start attacking him, At least he listened to the songs before judging. There were some people at the 'other' forum bashing the songs right before it even leaked. hihi

it's cool dude, I only wanted to voice my opinion and say how I honestly felt, I try and give reasons or pick parts I like instead of bashing with no reasons

I agree with most of what you're saying.....I think some people like these songs, but are saying they LOVE them b/c its GNR - but who can blame them - I mean its been so long.  I know when I first heard both songs I was just so happy to hear Axl singing again that he could have been singing Row Row Row your boat and I would have thought it was the greatest rock song ever.

Personally, I don't know how anyone can say Better is AMAZING....we haven't really heard it yet.  from what we have heard, its sounds ok, but nothing mind blowing (to ME at least).  I really dig IRS and think it has a TON of potential....if I knew for a fact that was the 100% finished version I might not like it as much.  But nobody should be slamming anyone else for their opinion on a song...thats just dumb.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2006, 03:15:23 PM »

I need to hear a version of Madagascar where Axl's voice is strong coming out of the Bucket solo. That moment will be pure ecstasy drool

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2006, 03:31:29 PM »

They have potential to be great songs. I'm very much in love at the moment with both of them ok. Lets just hope silkworms and Rhiad don't make the album.....I don't like them at all.

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2006, 03:50:39 PM »

Am I the only person that thinks these two songs are the most over analyzed, scutinized, talked about 5 1/2 minutes in music history

And for a DEMO and 80 sec sample....
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2006, 04:37:59 PM »

Am I the only person that thinks these two songs are the most over analyzed, scutinized, talked about 5 1/2 minutes in music history

And for a DEMO and 80 sec sample....

I agree but that's do to bordom, years of bits n pieces and hoping each day will be the one..

Most people here have such a love for axl that just hearing him sing something is amazing and mind blowing..

thanks hanna hat..

many people say well this or that is going to do awesome because it's radio friendly and that's great, but when it's not gnr or axl radio friendly that does good is considered safe or crappy looking for a hit..
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2006, 05:34:49 PM »

While I don't think IRS is amazing...I won't say it's weak either...but I do think it's better then average.  I like the sound as it's different and not industrial at all.    I definitely like Better much more then IRS...I would like to hear the whole song tho.    I have to say what I hear of Better I really, really love it.  I do...I have to say it.  It's not because it's GNR, it's because I am glad to hear a rocker that well is a rocker for them and could do extremely well on the music channels and the radio.   

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2006, 05:43:09 PM »

mike ill sum it up real quick for you regarding new gnr, these songs and for whats to come.....

there will be 1 group who love the direction etc...there will be another group who arent happy....case closed.....and not 1 side is Better than the other....just opinions...if u dont like it move on...and dont stick around for old gnr here cause as you can see there wont be an old gnr releated thread for days,weeks...and when cd is released a thread about old gnr will not be found.....
radio stations are playing demos around the clock...imagine when the big guns hit.....
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 05:55:46 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2006, 05:50:30 PM »

IRS is the best GNR shit since Appetite. NOTHING on UYI's come close to have the badass kick your ass swagger that IRS has. I love you guys but I think some of you are nuts. Its got the old Axl in your fucking face attitude. The song kicks your balls and holy shit...nothing fucking gay on it to fuck up the rest of the song which occured way to often on some UYI tracks.

This song is for fucking working class hero's. Real fucking men. Sorry, its not pussy enough for some of you.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: