Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 05:06:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  anyone feel better or irs is the lower half of gnr music
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: anyone feel better or irs is the lower half of gnr music  (Read 12701 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2006, 06:23:40 PM »

mike ill sum it up real quick for you regarding new gnr, these songs and for whats to come.....

there will be 1 group who love the direction etc...there will be another group who arent happy....case closed.....and not 1 side is Better than the other....just opinions...if u dont like it move on...and dont stick around for old gnr here cause as you can see there wont be an old gnr releated thread for days,weeks...and when cd is released a thread about old gnr will not be found.....
radio stations are playing demos around the clock...imagine when the big guns hit.....

what the fuck does that have to do with me giving an opinion on the songs..? Must I be like a teenage girl ranting and raving how much I love it or should I give an honest opinion? Better is good ,I don't like irs as much, is that ok?
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2006, 06:31:42 PM »

mike ill sum it up real quick for you regarding new gnr, these songs and for whats to come.....

there will be 1 group who love the direction etc...there will be another group who arent happy....case closed.....and not 1 side is Better than the other....just opinions...if u dont like it move on...and dont stick around for old gnr here cause as you can see there wont be an old gnr releated thread for days,weeks...and when cd is released a thread about old gnr will not be found.....
radio stations are playing demos around the clock...imagine when the big guns hit.....

what the fuck does that have to do with me giving an opinion on the songs..? Must I be like a teenage girl ranting and raving how much I love it or should I give an honest opinion? Better is good ,I don't like irs as much, is that ok?

its no secret how youd like to have old gnr back instead of the new no matter how impossible that is  Tongue

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2006, 06:33:16 PM »

its no secret how youd like to have old gnr back instead of the new no matter how impossible that is? Tongue

that still means nothing in how I like the songs.. I only gave an opinion

Why wouldn't i prefer the actual gnr ??
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2006, 06:35:52 PM »

its no secret how youd like to have old gnr back instead of the new no matter how impossible that is? Tongue

You give yourself away there "the ACTUAL gnr" , it goes to show you're a little biasedm right now the ACTUAL gnr has robin finck and tommy stinson in it  ok

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2006, 06:37:28 PM »

You give yourself away there "the ACTUAL gnr" , it goes to show you're a little biasedm right now the ACTUAL gnr has robin finck and tommy stinson in it? ok

and oif course you re entitled to your opinion, but as other have pointed out, if you dont like new gnr wth are you doing here? waiting for a reunion with old members? aint gonna happen :p

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2006, 06:38:31 PM »

You give yourself away there "the ACTUAL gnr" , it goes to show you're a little biasedm right now the ACTUAL gnr has robin finck and tommy stinson in it? ok

The only thing I am biased about is the name itself calling it gnr, I don't need to view this as gnr.. I see it as axl and the people he has hired.. Good music is good music and my liking axl is there regardless of that..

when did I say I didn't like new gnr..? I said to me they aren't gnr that's the difference,...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2006, 06:49:29 PM »

mike its called gnr...no1 cares if you dont like it...while you sit there any worry about what the band is called every1 else here is rocking out to some amazing songs

once this album is release no1 is gonna care as much about all the drama.....check in the vr section there will be plenty of air time there
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 07:04:35 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Karma_Police
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2006, 06:59:06 PM »

well everything can't be amazing instant classic this is my zillionth time listening to this song responses... Someone has to hear one or the other and say it has potential but nothing earth shattering..

You can not only have good things to say, then if someone feels different you say "well it's only a demo".. if you can judge all the good things from only a "demo" then you can also voice your dislikes as well.... Best part of irs for me is the solo, otherwise there is nothing great about the song.. I was able to hear enough minutes to get a feel of it....

As for better not crazy about the start, axl almost sounds indian singing (beat sound_) it has potential, but not something that grabbed my attention as far as gnr's entire material goes... We have definetly been deprived of axl's voice over the years so of course we give extra listens to anything new because of our thirst for CD to come out....

UI feel if it was any other singer I might have heard it a few times and moved on

so right now on the lower half for me is irs, better (unsure really) rhiad, silkworms

upper half

maddy blue CD

For all the time these things have taken I am kind of let down to a degree..

Unless the songs are so old and so different when they come out

The point you make about being starved for Axl's voice is right on. I agree it's hard to be unbiased when you enter Axl's voice into the equation. I mean the riff in "Better" is catchy but I wonder if it weren't acompanied by Axl's voice would I dig it as much? I don't know. I think better is up there though with Madagascar and The Blues simply based on catchiness and Axl's voice. It's fucking strong in that song where as I don't like his voice so much in Madagascar and The Blues.
Karma_Police
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2006, 07:09:42 PM »

I must admit I find the attitude of many of you in this thread quit lame. Mike gave an honest opinion and that's cool. He doesn't see these songs as being that great. I'm with him as far as IRS goes. It's not that good in my opinion. Axl's voice is great mind you but the music and arrangement seems to be all over the place. Better is definately a radio freindly rocker with strong vocals from Axl and a massively catchy riff. That's cool but is it the type of material we've come to expect and hope for from such a mythical/legendary/ highly anticpated album such as Chinese Democracy? I don't think so. Better could do the trick as far as lureing in a  mainstreme audience and getting a fair amount of exposure on radio but trust me if the album is consitent with songs like Better it'll be a let down. I like what I've heard but I honestly hope there's something with more substance on the horizon. I believe there is.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2006, 07:13:15 PM »

mike its calle dgnr...no1 cares if you dont liek it...while you sit there any worry about what the band is called every1 else here is rocking out to some amazing songs

Right the Fuck ON! This is GN'R in every sense of the word. People had how many years to come to terms with it. Get the fuck over it. Everything musically that GNR represents is right there in front of us with IRS. GN'R means a shit load more then the name itself. It represents a certain type of product that we as GNR fans have come to expect. If you didn't know shit about the changes that have transpired and you heard IRS...oh shit that is Guns N' Fucking Roses!

Anyfucking ways..I love how IRS is kicking my ass. I haven't experienced music like this in real long time.

You know...the word I am looking for is caliber. Its so fucking GNR.The most real GNR music since Appetite.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
plasmabeam
Rocker

"There livin' fast and they'll die young!"

« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2006, 07:14:58 PM »

I think IRS is simply incredible. It's definitely in my GN'R Top 10. Better sounds great from what we've heard of it. I hope the final version is some prime stuff.

I've worked too hard for my illusions
Just to throw them all away
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2006, 07:18:30 PM »

Look at whats in front of us..all upu people do is bitch and complain....if u dont liek it fine move on cya....

You want substance- You have Madagascar
You want swagger- you have irs
you want a ballad- you have the blues
you want an anthem/radio friendly song- u have better
you want some a simple rock song- u have cd

and i truly believe only better is 1 of the "big guns" on that list.....

handful of songs cover an array of genres and emotions...and THATS THE BEAUTY OF GNR...OLD AND NEW...THEY DONT SETTLE FOR 1 SOUND...THEY GIVE U ALL KINDS AT THE SMAE TIME...AND HARD...IF YOU DONT WANT A PIECE MOVE ON

THE PIE IS STILL IN THE OVEN AND IT ALREADY TASTES GOOD

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2006, 07:23:13 PM »

The old lineup didnt want music like IRS, Madagascar, Better, Chinese Democracy, The Blues.

So I don't want the old GNR. This is a shit load cooler a direction then I could have ever as a fan imagined. This is the new shit. Fucking play it.

back to the start..."anyone feel better or irs is the lower half of gnr music"

IRS and Better Pisses on half of the old GNR's music. One day this will be clear to you fucking downers. Jesus...how as a RNR fan are you not rocking to IRS? Unbelievable....

Karma_Police
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2006, 07:30:10 PM »

I just agree with Mike that's it's Hilarious that alot of fans are buying into the idea that everything that has been released is amazing material. ?It's honestly not. And to already say stuff like IRS is in your top ten of Guns N' Roses songs is ?insane. It's like You're Beautiful by James Blunt being ranked in the top ten songs of all time in England. You're just going off the excitement of the moment. ?I like Better, I like Madagascar, I like the Blues, IRS was alright, I think Chinese Democracy sucks the big one. So you fans who tell other fans to move on simply because they don't like certain songs or don't think the newer material is up there with the old stuff need to get off your high horse. Not likeing somthing does not mean we need to move on. Love the stuff all you want but don't criticize someone for not likeing the same stuff. ?It's an embarassment to you guys if you can't handle some positive critcizm. I mean if we all drooled over the songs and shared the same point of view what the hell woudl be the point of coming to a forum?
badapple81
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2006, 07:33:45 PM »

I just agree with Mike that's it's Hilarious that alot of fans are buying into the idea that everything that has been released is amazing material. ?It's honestly not. And to already say stuff like IRS is in your top ten of Guns N' Roses songs is ?insane. It's like You're Beautiful by James Blunt being ranked in the top ten songs of all time in England. You're just going off the excitement of the moment. ?I like Better, I like Madagascar, I like the Blues, IRS was alright, I think Chinese Democracy sucks the big one. So you fans who tell other fans to move on simply because they don't like certain songs or don't think the newer material is up there with the old stuff need to get off your high horse. Not likeing somthing does not mean we need to move on. Love the stuff all you want but don't criticize someone for not likeing the same stuff. ?It's an embarassment to you guys if you can't handle some positive critcizm. I mean if we all drooled over the songs and shared the same point of view what the hell woudl be the point of coming to a forum?

Karma I understand your point of view here and agree with you dude. I guess the thing I kind of feel is spoiling the moment for us fans that have waitied so long, is the constant comments which sound like a broken record now like "it just sounds like Axl with a bunch of musicians" - no shit!!! And all the other similar posts. You cannot compare to any of the stuff by the old line up - it's a different band, and a fucking great one!
sandman
Legend

« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2006, 07:53:20 PM »

i agree. at this point i think the songs are average.

and i'm biased. i fucking love axl. so if another band released these songs i probably wouldn't even like them a little bit.

every new song i've heard would be filler on any previous guns album.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2006, 07:57:37 PM »

Karma I understand your point of view here and agree with you dude. I guess the thing I kind of feel is spoiling the moment for us fans that have waitied so long, is the constant comments which sound like a broken record now like "it just sounds like Axl with a bunch of musicians" - no shit!!! And all the other similar posts. You cannot compare to any of the stuff by the old line up - it's a different band, and a fucking great one!

Yup...ITs fucking tired...it was tired years ago. Whenever I hear "The Downers" and their old ass fucking worn out arguments...I want to reach right into my computer and grab them and smack them right in the fucking face and tell them to shut the fuck up.

Why do you "Downers" feel the need to rain on our parade in a moment like this? Of all fucking times! Shut the fuck up! This is a moment to celebrate and Rock.

Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2006, 08:16:30 PM »

IRS is the best GNR shit since Appetite. NOTHING on UYI's come close to have the badass kick your ass swagger that IRS has.

Have you forgot about You Could Be Mine? IMO, YCBM is one of GNR's most badass songs. I don't think IRS touches the swagger of YCBM and isn't as good of a song.

IRS is a good tune but it's not a great tune. I think it's the type of tune that should have radio success but won't be a classic. I think Better has a lot more potential and I'd love to hear the rest of it.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2006, 08:18:46 PM »

BM - piece of advice. if you see a thread titled "do you think the new songs suck?" OR "rate the new songs", just don't read those threads.

back on topic. i agree. and i'll sum it up by ranking their albums:

AFD = 10
UYI = 9
new songs = 7

(by "new songs" i'm talking about the various versions of 5 songs: irs, better, cd, maddy, and the blues)

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Karma_Police
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2006, 08:28:06 PM »

Yup...ITs fucking tired...it was tired years ago. Whenever I hear "The Downers" and their old ass fucking worn out arguments...I want to reach right into my computer and grab them and smack them right in the fucking face and tell them to shut the fuck up.

Why do you "Downers" feel the need to rain on our parade in a moment like this? Of all fucking times! Shut the fuck up! This is a moment to celebrate and Rock.

See what you're saying right there is bull though. You're saying unless you think the songs are great keep your mouth shut. Ummm.... no. If I or anyone else doesn't like a song for whatever reason than we should be allowed to voice our opinion. I admit I like Better because it's catchy but believe me if Axl's voice wasn't in it I might not be so excited. I mean it's basically a  modern rock riff. Power chords front and center which is not what we're used to with Guns N' Roses. It is what we're used to with modern rock bands though. I guess new Guns N' Roses is a modern rock band but I don't care what anyone says if Chinese Democracy comes out and I don't like it I'm gonna voice that opinion. It won't matter to me who's haveing a parade because I don't think the only people who should be allowed to share their thoughts are the ones who enjoy the new material. I hope to like the new material but if I don't I'm not going to be afraid to say it and I'd apprecaite not being told to fuck off for it. I'm fairly new so I don't know the history of all the members here but from what I saw in this thread Mike gave valid points as to why he didn't like the songs and yet he was ripped for it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: