Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 04:59:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228145 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  anyone feel better or irs is the lower half of gnr music
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: anyone feel better or irs is the lower half of gnr music  (Read 12699 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: February 17, 2006, 06:38:04 AM »

well everything can't be amazing instant classic this is my zillionth time listening to this song responses... Someone has to hear one or the other and say it has potential but nothing earth shattering..

You can not only have good things to say, then if someone feels different you say "well it's only a demo".. if you can judge all the good things from only a "demo" then you can also voice your dislikes as well.... Best part of irs for me is the solo, otherwise there is nothing great about the song.. I was able to hear enough minutes to get a feel of it....

As for better not crazy about the start, axl almost sounds indian singing (beat sound_) it has potential, but not something that grabbed my attention as far as gnr's entire material goes... We have definetly been deprived of axl's voice over the years so of course we give extra listens to anything new because of our thirst for CD to come out....

UI feel if it was any other singer I might have heard it a few times and moved on

so right now on the lower half for me is irs, better (unsure really) rhiad, silkworms

upper half

maddy blue CD

For all the time these things have taken I am kind of let down to a degree..

Unless the songs are so old and so different when they come out
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 06:48:01 AM »

it's easy to say "well it's only a demo" cos the minor imperfections most people find are stuff that will be buffed out on the album version.
I think the songs are amazing. the only thing that annoys me are those minor things I mentioned.
the intro on IRS sounded too short, it's probably been cut down for this version. production isn't the best.
all that stuff will be corrected on the album version so I really have no worries about it.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
conny
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 06:50:05 AM »

That's why MADAGASCAR, THE BLUES and CD have not 'leaked' and won't leak.

Because they will be on the album.

The demos are just that - demos, outtakes, throaways, giveaways, unfinished stuff.

btw: Where is the PIANO on 'Better' and 'IRS'?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 06:50:51 AM »

but how are they amazing?? I guess I'll never understand I hear better and just hear some radio friendly rock with my favorite lead singer.. The irs solo is really good.. The song itself to me is nothing special....

It's way to weird to me for everyone to only love the songs and have that much good to say and nothing on the flip side of the coin..
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 06:52:49 AM »

The demos are just that - demos, outtakes, throaways, giveaways, unfinished stuff.

didn't know there was supposed to be piano on them.. There are some rockers on cd..

a demo can be an entire song just not 100% polished but you can still get the understanding and sound of the song.. I think of a demo as what could be the live version
badapple81
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2006, 06:53:59 AM »

Yes yes we know.. and when you see GN'R live it's like watching a cover band play the tunes you grew up with, with Axl singing.. not quite the same.. ?Roll Eyes
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2006, 06:55:41 AM »

Yes yes we know.. and when you see GN'R live it's like watching a cover band play the tunes you grew up with, with Axl singing.. not quite the same.. ?Roll Eyes

Why is no one allowed to not think the pieces are not amazing...? it is a cover band but that is not what I am judging the music on.. Listen to songs like wttj scom or PC then listen to these, or now maddy the blue or CD, they are just better
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2006, 06:57:52 AM »

Mike, I defnitely agree about IRS. The solo is the only real highlight of the song. As far as I'm concerned, he can save it for the 2nd or 3rd cd. hihi But I really like Better. You're right, its 'radio friendly rock'. But I think that's the point of it. A song to be up there on the charts and help them achieve mainstream success. You can easily see it in heavy rotation on VH1.

Megaguns
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2006, 07:00:16 AM »

your fukin deaf man..... its good shit.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2006, 07:02:34 AM »

your fukin deaf man..... its good shit.

I saw fuckin and shit in there Tongue
Sorry I didn't know a person HAD to love each song
conny
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2006, 07:05:32 AM »

didn't know there was supposed to be piano on them.. There are some rockers on cd..

a demo can be an entire song just not 100% polished but you can still get the understanding and sound of the song.. I think of a demo as what could be the live version

There are 2 piano people in this band, I think it's safe to say that some of their demos may include that specific instrument.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2006, 07:07:07 AM »

I said I think better is radio ?friendly and has potential but nothing mind blowing like one would think

I also said irs has a damn good solo at the end but the song itself was nothing special.. That is my honest opinion trying to find good with bad... I know it's hard for some to accept that everyone isn't sitting here with a constant loop fo the song, but at least know I did listen a bunch of times to take the songs in... ok
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2006, 07:08:13 AM »

There are 2 piano people in this band, I think it's safe to say that some of their demos may include that specific instrument.

well I know two people can at least play piano and even 3 with keyboards but maybe some songs don't have any of that which is OK in my book..
Woooo!
Headliner

Yeah, we all know Better...

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2006, 07:10:06 AM »

I don't know why some folk are sayin' that ''Better'' is just a demo. It's not a song title we've heard until Axl mentioned it last month. People can't really say that it is merely a demo. It sounds pretty finished to me. IRS, I think is a demo because when it was leaked the file was named IRS - Demo. Better was titled ''Better - Clip''.

On the subject of the song quality. I think ''Better'' is fantastic. The intro if you ask me is the best point, especially when it breaks in. Clearly it's a drum machine during the intro until Brain starts playing but I think it sounds great. It's not as much an industrial sound as people are saying. It sounds new and fresh. What would be the point in releasing music that was relevent 15 years ago? IRS sounds good, I love the acoustic intro, but Axl's voice is buried quite deep in the track. You can barely make out what he is saying at times.

Woooo!

There's not anymore that I can do...
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2006, 07:10:28 AM »

I love every second of better, and the intro is perfect...

irs, I like the melody, but don't like the way axl is singing to it.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2006, 07:12:47 AM »

I don't know why some folk are sayin' that ''Better'' is just a demo. It's not a song title we've heard until Axl mentioned it last month. People can't really say that it is merely a demo. It sounds pretty finished to me. IRS, I think is a demo because when it was leaked the file was named IRS - Demo. Better was titled ''Better - Clip''.

the guy who did the ripping wrote "demo" and "clip". it's not the way to judge them.
after all this is a at least 3 year old recording.
if better is the best thing axl has than he would have released the album back then.
he probably has something better then better.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2006, 07:13:11 AM »

Damn, is it declare war on Mike day? At least he's giving his honest opinion about the songs. No reason to start attacking him, At least he listened to the songs before judging. There were some people at the 'other' forum bashing the songs right before it even leaked. hihi

Woooo!
Headliner

Yeah, we all know Better...

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2006, 07:19:09 AM »

the guy who did the ripping wrote "demo" and "clip". it's not the way to judge them.
after all this is a at least 3 year old recording.
if better is the best thing axl has than he would have released the album back then.
he probably has something better then better.

Well the guy who released them in the first place was probably someone involved with the project. You can't prove that it's 3 years old. I'm not judging them wholey based on how the file was listed. I think you can hear what is the more complete when you listen to them both.

We only heard 1:20 of ''Better'' for all we know it turns into an 8 minute piano ballad. Actually I hope it doesn't but still. If has something superior to ''Better'' I'd love to hear it because that has the makings of a great song.

There's not anymore that I can do...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2006, 11:38:57 AM »

Damn, is it declare war on Mike day? At least he's giving his honest opinion about the songs. No reason to start attacking him, At least he listened to the songs before judging. There were some people at the 'other' forum bashing the songs right before it even leaked. hihi

it's cool dude, I only wanted to voice my opinion and say how I honestly felt, I try and give reasons or pick parts I like instead of bashing with no reasons
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2006, 11:42:20 AM »

I really like IRS, but I expect that it is one of the lesser rockers on the album, but it is still very enjoyable.

SB Maddie > Blues (live)> demo IRS> CD (live)>Silkworms (live)>Rhiad (live)

I need to hear more Better but it is right up there with Maddie so far.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: