Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:25:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  IRS/Better blow Velvet Revolver away
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: IRS/Better blow Velvet Revolver away  (Read 3072 times)
RichardNixon
« on: February 16, 2006, 08:36:58 PM »

As much as I liked "Contraband," that stuff just doesn't compare with these new songs. As far as I am concerned, the band has really lived up to the hype. I can't believe how good these demos are. I don't feel let down at all in terms of the quality of the music. As someone who has been waiting since 1993 for a new GN'R album, I feel, if these songs are any indication of what "Chinese Democracy" will sound like, Axl has delivered. This is the stuff that dreams are made of. With all the major disappointments and ups-and-downs of life, my one dream that I had to live for was the return of Axl Rose, and I couldn't be more happy with the new songs. Let's hope '06 is the year.

As much as I liked the old band, these demos prove that Axl Rose is the true heart and soul of Guns N' Roses.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 08:40:09 PM »

Music is too subjective though.

there are people who think Fall out Boy are better than GNR as scary as that sounds.

I guarantee there will be many who will like CB better than CD.

When u think of music, its chords, lyrics, melodies.  its very hard to judge a song to a song and there will never be a unanimous vote on something musical related.

but I do absolutely 100 percent agree with u though, i am more than satisfied at what i have heard thus far.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
YouCouldBeMine
Rocker

Nirvana Sucks

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 08:40:29 PM »

I agree.

But does anyone have the definition of subjective laying around?

"Get your ass inside right now and do what your mother says!"
"She's not my mother, Todd!"
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 08:41:23 PM »

totally   

i bet slash and duff are kicking themselves right now

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
kaddisonmoore
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 08:41:31 PM »

As much as I liked the old band, these demos prove that Axl Rose is the true heart and soul of Guns N' Roses.
i said that to my friend earlier today

the hardest part this troubled heart has ever yet been through now...
http://www.invisionplus.net/forums/index.php?mforum=icecream&act=idx
Greatest Fucking Forum Ever Made By Myself and a friend
Colt 1911
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2006, 08:42:09 PM »

dude all the new gnr material blow vr out of the fucking ocean they cant hole a candle to the new stuff.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2006, 08:44:31 PM »

totally   

well, even though I hate these VR vs. GNR threads now I feel the need to respond to this one.  I seriously doubt that Duff and Slash are kicking themselves right now.  They are having fun.  They are enjoying themselves in VR.  They are playing music, touring, and recording with a band of musicians that gets along. 

I really do not think that they are angry for not sticking around when they have what they have now.  I know that awards arent that special or whatever, but I dont care, if my band won a grammy I would be proud as shit.  I bet they are very happy with where they are.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2006, 08:45:41 PM »

totally   

well, even though I hate these VR vs. GNR threads now I feel the need to respond to this one.  I seriously doubt that Duff and Slash are kicking themselves right now.  They are having fun.  They are enjoying themselves in VR.  They are playing music, touring, and recording with a band of musicians that gets along. 

I really do not think that they are angry for not sticking around when they have what they have now.  I know that awards arent that special or whatever, but I dont care, if my band won a grammy I would be proud as shit.  I bet they are very happy with where they are.

Maybe but contraband wasnt a good album. And now they want to make a dancy type album? whatever happened to slash just wanting to play rnr?
RichardNixon
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2006, 08:46:05 PM »

totally? ?

In some crazy way, it may have all worked out for the best. Slash and Duff have a good band with VR, and Axl has hopefully reached his artistic vision with people that he feels that he is musically compatible with.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2006, 08:50:15 PM »

totally   

Didn't Jethro Tull win a grammy too??

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2006, 08:51:30 PM »

As much as I liked "Contraband," that stuff just doesn't compare with these new songs. As far as I am concerned, the band has really lived up to the hype. I can't believe how good these demos are. I don't feel let down at all in terms of the quality of the music. As someone who has been waiting since 1993 for a new GN'R album, I feel, if these songs are any indication of what "Chinese Democracy" will sound like, Axl has delivered. This is the stuff that dreams are made of. With all the major disappointments and ups-and-downs of life, my one dream that I had to live for was the return of Axl Rose, and I couldn't be more happy with the new songs. Let's hope '06 is the year.

disgaree.
Those new gnr songs are ok, but they are very tame for GNRs previous efforts....VR at least have some power in there songs still. (contraband era)

html sucks
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2006, 08:51:45 PM »

totally? ?

well, even though I hate these VR vs. GNR threads now I feel the need to respond to this one.? I seriously doubt that Duff and Slash are kicking themselves right now.? They are having fun.? They are enjoying themselves in VR.? They are playing music, touring, and recording with a band of musicians that gets along.?

I really do not think that they are angry for not sticking around when they have what they have now.? I know that awards arent that special or whatever, but I dont care, if my band won a grammy I would be proud as shit.? I bet they are very happy with where they are.

I totally agree. ?It's all a matter of opinion, anyway. ?Personally, the new songs I heard were "ok". ?I wasn't totally blown away. ?
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2006, 08:53:00 PM »

And mrlee made a good point, there, as well!   
Origen
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2006, 08:55:10 PM »

totally? ?

well, even though I hate these VR vs. GNR threads now I feel the need to respond to this one.? I seriously doubt that Duff and Slash are kicking themselves right now.? They are having fun.? They are enjoying themselves in VR.? They are playing music, touring, and recording with a band of musicians that gets along.?

I really do not think that they are angry for not sticking around when they have what they have now.? I know that awards arent that special or whatever, but I dont care, if my band won a grammy I would be proud as shit.? I bet they are very happy with where they are.

I totally agree. ?It's all a matter of opinion, anyway. ?Personally, the new songs I heard were "ok". ?I wasn't totally blown away. ?

Deffiantly not worth waiting 13 years (and still counting) for.
RichardNixon
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2006, 08:55:54 PM »

These new songs are better than 99 percent of everything that has come out in the last 10+ years.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2006, 08:57:17 PM »

totally   

Maybe but contraband wasnt a good album. And now they want to make a dancy type album? whatever happened to slash just wanting to play rnr?

ughh, yeeesssss contraband was an aaawwwwffffuuullll album you are sooooo suuuuuuppppppeeeerrrr right.  Your opinion counts 10000000000000000000000000 times every one else's so it is now a universal fact that contraband sucks.

ANYWAYS.... about the direction they are going in now.  They are grown men.  If they want to do an experimental album for fun I think that they have certainly earned the right to try it.  They will still get the thing done quicker than anything Axl does and people will buy it.  I appreciate anything Slash has tried in the past including playing with Michael Jackson.  I am not concerned because this will not stray far from contraband like you obviously think it will. 

As far as the original purpose of the topic, I actually do really like IRS and Better.  OH MY GOD an Axl 'basher' is admitting he likes his music.  I feel really good about it.  I think the main reason why I like it so much is because I really do love Axl's singing.  If it were just the music I do not think I would be all that crazy about it.  I really like Brain's drumming in both songs. 
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2006, 08:57:54 PM »

Lets just enjoy the music - VR have done some good stuff and may well bring out some better stuff - these types of threads are not need

Its a great time to be a fan of music right now ok

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2006, 09:07:20 PM »

Lets just enjoy the music - VR have done some good stuff and may well bring out some better stuff - these types of threads are not need

Its a great time to be a fan of music right now ok
I agree Jimmy. We have something to be positive about. We should enjoy it, instead of turning it into GNR vs VR shit.

BabyGorilla
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2006, 09:29:15 PM »

Didn't Jethro Tull win a grammy too??

What is wrong with Jethro Tull winning a Grammy?
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2006, 09:50:59 PM »

So far, IRS is the best of the new stuff I heard and Better sounds like it has some potential, but I'm not getting to carried away b/c it ws only 1:20 sec

But to say Chi Dem is gonna blow Contraband out of the water, and CB sucks compared to the album is getting way, way carried away.  Lisen to Rhiad, Silkworms, and Oh My God just to re-iterate that.  The Blues and maddy are listenable to, but by no means standout or beter than FTP or YGNR or Slither or Set Me Free or Headspace or Big machine or STB (at least that's my opinion as IRS actually resembled a rock song)

I don't want to get into a VR vs. GnR thing either b/c if they both come out with new albums this year; both will be better than 99% of the shit that cmes out.

Funny, when I read Matts comments I fcused on the fact he admitted CB was a rush job; and they want to groove it out more; the more danceable comment I think was a joke, b/c I remember chicks always danced to the songs on AFD, and they totally grooved that out anoone says thats not a rock n roll album.

Too me, IRS and Better to a lesser extent gave me hope that there may be a few songs on the album I will actually like as I listened to IRS all day today and i can't say that I was able to do that w/ any of the other material I heard.

And to say Axl was the heart of GnR is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard.  People should get there heads out of Axl's ass and stop kissing it b/c it's interferring with him finishing CD.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: